It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds gather in Tampa for the love of Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hundreds gather in Tampa for the love of Ron Paul
(Link to full article)

By Katie Sanders, Times staff writer
Posted: Aug 25, 2012 06:54 PM

TAMPA — Ron Paul may have snubbed their party, but in the eyes of his fanatics he can do no wrong. Paul's disciples — some still holding out hope he could earn the Republican nomination at the party convention this week — gathered at the Florida State Fairgrounds on Saturday in an event called the P.A.U.L. Festival (People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty.)

They lauded the Republican, who will retire from Congress , as the greatest congressman who ever lived, a man worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize and the Medal of Honor. They credited him for opening their eyes about the Federal Reserve, the gold standard and limited government.

"Ron Paul is the man," said Ian Wilson, who sold elaborate chocolate bars imprinted with Paul's face at the P.A.U.L. Festival. "He's the only candidate worthy of his own chocolate bar." The crowd of roughly 1,000 people welcomed Paul's surrogates like rock stars, including Lew Rockwell, Paul's former chief of staff who runs a popular libertarian website, and Walter Block, an economist and author.

Hundreds, or roughly 1000 is a pretty good crowd of people. I have not been following politics (more the ins and outs of Ron Paul that is) but I know it's a popular subject on ATS so I decided to post this bit of news from my area for those that have a greater interest and are following Mr. Paul...and perhaps the support he still has.

I can only speak from a political lay person's point of view regarding the man but from what I heard in the debates earlier this year he seemed to be a very strong candidate. The alleged media blackouts that have occurred are rather unnerving.

According to the article he is supposed to speak at 4pm on Sunday at a rally in the University of South Florida Sun Dome, but I presume the odds are in favor that it won't be televised (maybe a YT video will pop up instead).

I can say with assurance however, that I would love to get my hands on one of those Ron Paul chocolate bars, if only for the historical factor. Well, maybe two, one to eat and one to save.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh can draw a crowd of over twenty thousand people. So can Romney and Obama even more.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Perhaps, but do they have chocolate bars? Your argument is invalid

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Rush Limbaugh can draw a crowd of over twenty thousand people. So can Romney and Obama even more.

Romney can't pull a crowd of anything. He just shows up where republicans are already going to be.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

How utterly sickening and disgusting is that? It must be the fluoride 'cause that many people can't be that dumb...can they?

Ditto, OP, on the RP chocolate bars.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have seen Ron Paul's crowds this election season number in 5 digits. Romney's are seldom over 3 digits, if that. Weather may hold a few back for PAUL Fest though.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe the weather is playing a giant role. People are going somewhat crazy. Try stepping in Walmart, Publix or going anywhere to get gas here in Southwest Florida. I was going to go up to see Dr. Paul and Gary Johnson however I was given notice today to be on hurricane watch, which means for me on call 24/7 for the next 5 days. Yay

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No he can't .
Have you been paying attention to his rally's?
edit on 26/8/12 by masqua because: Reduced excessive # of smilies

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
LOL oh god... i live 20 minutes East of Tampa. Im there on the weekends to party. (YBOR CITY) its supposed to get really crazy this week. I have an army buddy working the RNC. My friends and I are gonna have a HURRICANE PARTY and not leave until the republicans have left LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Now we know who they emptied the jail out for. The only way Rush can draw a thousand people to a rally is if he's handing out free samples of Oxycontin.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
perhaps ron paul supporters are the reason they are emptying the jail. I know they said "protesters" but that is a broad brush to be painted with.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

What nursing home? His son is a Republican, he will be put in some hidden alley somewhere. Nursing homes cost money, and the weak and elderly are moochers in their view.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
First off Ron Paul did not snub his party. Secondly his supporters are not fanatics. Third they do not view him as a messiah. This thread is getting a lot of flags but the article seems slanted towards ridiculing ron paul and his supporters by over generalisations. Either way, the convention will be exciying no matter what.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There is no honor left in the Republican party.

I hope the Paul crowd 'brings the roof down' so to speak.

After what they have done to his campaign this entire election season from the media to the conventions, it is
without a doubt that this party deserves all the scorn it is going to get.

What does it take to become a President in the US? Lots of money- bribery-and dirty tactics.

The peoples choice will never ever again make it to the Presidential chair with this level of corruption going on.

I really reall really hate the administration that is in office today- but the Romney camp is not far behind.

Both parties are evil and corrupt as a murderer preaching sundays service.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is anybody here actually going?

It's easy to talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

All your love for Ron Paul and you won't even go to the Paul Fest held in his honor. How sad. Paul snubs you guys just like you do him.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So can Ron Paul, and Ron Paul will still draw major crowds in the future if he wants too. GW still makes major $$ for speaking engagements, & RP has earned himself major staying power with his fans, whether he's still a congressman or not. And let's not forget about his son Rand, so I doubt Ronny boy will be leaving the spot light anytime soon.

Now let's think about Romney, if he doesn't win the 2012 election will he be able to draw crowds in 1 year? Same question for Ron Paul and between the two, imo, Paul will always draw a crowd but no one will pay to hear Romney speak. If Romney does win the 2012 election then yes, people will later pay to hear him speak because he was once president. Obama is exempt from the question because people will pay to see him.

Remember when Santorum was on fire, according to the MSM and primaries won.

Rick Santorum's Remarks at Lenexa, Kansas rally

Ron Paul at KU 3-9-12

Ron Paul Openly Calls GOP Election Fraud

edit on 26-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

I have seen Ron Paul's crowds this election season number in 5 digits. Romney's are seldom over 3 digits, if that. Weather may hold a few back for PAUL Fest though.

Maybe a hurricane itself will stop them but not rain

Philadelphia rain can't dampen the enthusiasm at a Ron Paul rally

articles.philly.com...

On a thoroughly miserable afternoon, with rain pelting their plastic ponchos and a penetrating cold turning their fingers blue, thousands of Ron Paul supporters stood for hours on Independence Mall Sunday, cheering and chanting for their candidate, as undeterred by his long odds of winning as they were by the weather.

Though all the other candidates in the Republican presidential primary, except Mitt Romney, have risen to prominence and then tripped, fallen, or withdrawn, Paul has remained at the back of the pack. The Associated Press' most recent tally gives the Texas congressman 63 of the 1,144 delegates needed to secure the nomination.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If I lived near the state of Florida I would, but I don't, so I cannot walk the walk so to speak. Btw, what walk are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join