It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
RIP Commander, thanks for the dreams. A great human.

OSS.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

www.news.com.au

NEIL Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, has died at the age of 82, NBC News has reported.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

He will be missed. He was a great actor (peut-etre).
He finally made it to space. For real this time.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
mekanin cennet olsun.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

you must have alot of space between your ears if you dont think we went to the moon

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
God Speed Neil.
America lost one of its all time greats.
Too bad we dont have that "Move forward" attitude anymore.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
May he rest in peace...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by OutonaLimb

you must have alot of space between your ears if you dont think we went to the moon

The Moon Hoax

Take a journey through the above, and then come back and dispute it.

Go on! I double-dip dare you!

(BTW i have roughly the same amount of space between my ears as every other
sucker who was sucked into this vacuous BS for years!)

I have learned to jettison the excessive.

Have (can) you Homer?

Doh!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My folks let me stay home from school that day. I was 6 years old. I can still remember it like it was only days ago. God what an adventure, what an inspiration for a six year old boy. My dad managed to cop some original photos of the three from some publicity tours. Still have them today. He was one of my original heroes. You have to respect a man that does that and goes back to private life afterwards, like it was no big deal at all...
Never forget...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Now lets see his diary entry for July 20, 1969!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

A free ride to the moon on the backs of countless others. At least an Olympian worked entirely off their own efforts.

What about the time was almost killed in training when a lunar lander simulator went out of control

Armstrong had to parachute clear just above the ground as the lander crashed

Or during actual landing found were heading toward boulder field - had to take manual control few hundred
feet above the moon and guide LEM to safe landing with only few seconds of fuel left

Does this count.....?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just one of those guys you never really think the world will be without, and in a sense we never will be. Sad news and I wish his family all the best RIP Neil

Wonder if they give him a full state funeral, or if the family insists on a more private affair?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I cried a little when i saw this. The old time celebrities are all dying, and look who we have now...ugh.... Back then these people were halfway normal....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Wonder if they give him a full state funeral, or if the family insists on a more private affair?

Armstrong was a humble private individual

Kept very quiet and did not trade on his fame

Would imagine be small private affair limited to family, friends. some people from NASA days

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

rest in peace, fantastic achievement was a babe in arms when you walked on the moon held by my dad while he watched on tv.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It always saddens me when such icons die.
But ..

You know, it's weird to say, but pretty soon the spacefaring days of humanity will be just a chapter in the history books.

Today those of us who weren't alive at the time can ask our parents and grandparents or even interview the astronauts themselves, but soon the last man to have left orbit will have passed away, and soon all who were alive during the Apollo program will exist only in our memories.

I know, I know, the seventies weren't THAT long ago, but still. I'ts two generations, and though I'm in the mid thirties, we haven't left orbit since half a decade BEFORE my birth.

As of now space travel is still "memory", but soon it will be but myth and science-fiction

And that thought is what REALLY saddens me today.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Perhaps the fact that Neil Armstrong was Christian and Buzz Aldrin was Jewish , and they both landed on another world at the same time , should provide inspiration to us all.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"Above Top Secret" - by Timothy Good started it all....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"Tell my wife I love her very much .. she knows." Big balls, Neil. RIP.

Space Oddity

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

I absolutely agree with everything you said!

With that kind of logic you will learn a lot from this site!

Neil Armstrong holds a very special spot in our hearts. He risked his life several times just to train for that mission. His loss leaves a great hole in manhood.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
NASA has problems making a glove with fleksible fingers even today

www.nasa.gov...

With his hand inside the pressurized Phase VI glove used currently by astronauts during spacewalks, Homer tried to curl his fingers. "I was surprised at how difficult that was," he said. "It was the Phase VI. It was the latest and greatest, and I was surprised."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join