It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Full Apollo 11 press conference

edit on 26-8-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I always thought Flight 11 (9/11) and Apollo 11 were both well known illusions/magic tricks. Humans may of been to the moon secretly but not on that mission they just did that stuff to propell the cold war and make it feel like America beat the Russians and keep the communism vs capitalism illusion going when in fact American business supplied the communists with everything financially so make the USSR seem a legit threat. I'm suprised how much praise this forum is giving the man if we really went to the moon so successfully why are we not there now colonising?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Godspeed Neil! You were a good test pilot, a humble , down to earth and sincere person, an inspiration to many young striving icebreakers. Sorry for the pricks of conscience. Sorry for this, Neil
=== 35.17.37.39N 110.21.58.72W

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Incredible bravery, America has lost a hero. I was a kid when it happened, remember watching it on TV, then going outside a minute after they landed. There wasn't a soul anywhere on the street. Rest in Peace Neil.

edit on 26-8-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
They showed it in the school hall and library on the only two TV's they had...
...and I walked home a block from the school and watched it at home.

Rest in Peace Neil.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
He took a lot of secrets with him I bet.
-Second line-

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I like many here watched the moon landings live as a kid, Neil was an instant hero to everyone, every kid wanted to be an astronaut then. I remember building the lovely Airfix 3ft Saturn V kit (still around in the Revell 40th anniversary version), I played with all the individual bits every day for ages.

Did he actually do it or did he see something on the moon that troubled him, I don't know, he certainly looked troubled in the press conference after the moon landings and quit the program as did others, he also said very cryptic things at the Shuttle ceremony a little while back.

Again, was he trying to hint that he didn't really go or was he trying to hint that he saw something up there that's been kept secret, I really wish I knew, will there be a confession that he made released now like Hault did for Roswell, again who knows but the one thing I do know is that Neil Armstrong will always be a hero to million and millions of people.

RIP Neil, I really wish I'd seen what you saw...
edit on 26-8-2012 by Mclaneinc because: spellling

edit on 26-8-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Anyone remember this "story"?

"Good Luck Mr. Gorsky"

Neil Armstrong Wishing A "Mr. Gorsky" Good Luck from the Moon

www.truthorfiction.com...

On July 20, 1969, commander of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module, Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon. His first words after stepping on the moon, "That’s one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind", were televised to Earth and heard by millions. But just before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark: "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled. On July 5, 1995, in Tampa Bay, Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

In 1938 when he was a kid in a small Midwest town, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball, which landed in his neighbor’s yard by the bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky. "Sex! You want sex?! You’ll get sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

LOL funny!

Actually, I was 15 on July 20, 1969, driving to Myrtle Beach with my family for vacation. We heard it on the car radio. Very exciting, it was :-)

R.I.P. Neal
edit on 26-8-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Rest in peace Neil Armstrong, your up there with Prometheus and Albert Einstein now!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
At least Armstrong will get away from all the moon landing deniers.

Imagine how terrible it would be to do the impossible, to risk your life and go where people have only dreamed of going, and then for the rest of your life you have to listen to people tell you that you didn't do that. I can't imagine how frustrating that is. No wonder Aldrin punched a guy. To be called cowards and thieves and liars after doing something so incredible would destroy most people.

Neil Armstrong was a man who did amazing things. I'd call him a hero. I'd call the people who insult him a little disgusting,

The weird thing is right now I just gained a little more understanding and empathy for hardcore UFO believers. Experience something incredible, everyone tell you it didn't happen. Yeah, that must be rough.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaulGoodman
At least Armstrong will get away from all the moon landing deniers.

Imagine how terrible it would be to do the impossible, to risk your life and go where people have only dreamed of going, and then for the rest of your life you have to listen to people tell you that you didn't do that. I can't imagine how frustrating that is. No wonder Aldrin punched a guy. To be called cowards and thieves and liars after doing something so incredible would destroy most people.

Neil Armstrong was a man who did amazing things. I'd call him a hero. I'd call the people who insult him a little disgusting,

The weird thing is right now I just gained a little more understanding and empathy for hardcore UFO believers. Experience something incredible, everyone tell you it didn't happen. Yeah, that must be rough.

Neil a great hero, we will miss him.
As for the landing deniers, I think Neil would me more amused than angry, having a secret laugh.
In the press conf video, AHEM....you will notice that he smiles and also laughs when talking of lunar GRAVITY.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So Neil Armstrong leaves this world once again, but this time for good.

Godspeed, RIP

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Ha ha brilliant. If that is true that is absolute jokes.

I wonder if they were both still alive to see through on that promise? There must have been a massive glint in the old man's eye when Armstrong set foot on the moon, and a sigh and shake of the head by the wife.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong is a true American Hero, I looked up to him and still do.

The Rocketman will live forever in our hearts and imaginations.

RIP and Godspeed to you..

~Rev

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
R.I.P Neil

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yes i remember reading that once lol, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Explantion: S&F!

I was born 3rd sept 1972 ... just a few months before the very last mission to the moon was carried out. It is now just a few weeks before my 40th birthday.

Today has been one of the hardest I have ever had to endure and it was nothing anywhere near the stress that Neil and his 2 team mates had to endure when they went on that lofty mission, faked or not, either way ok!

I made a promise to my fellow members in ATS chat that I would NOT try debunk his death today!

I shall keep my word ... as Mr Neil Armstrong kept his word.

In these trying times maybe that is all that counts now ... but I notice also that the Count of Sesame Street also passed away and maybe that is just an omen that nothing of worth counts anymore.

However, just like Neil ... regardless, I shall strive to reach out to the stars and maybe in the warmth of their gentle atomic glows I can reflect and shine a little light of my own to show the way ...

I noticed somebody posted a picture of the timeless immemorial 1st footprint on the moon ... and it is timeless and so is he!

Here is my personally choosen music tribute to Mr Rocketman!

LIFTOFF! ... WE HAVE LIFTOFF TO THE MOON! GODSPEED AND GOODLUCK!

And in memory and speaking on behalf of all the ATS members who have already crossed over ... jkrog08 / WilliamOneSac / TheRiverGoddess / +others ... Neil ... you have now gotten your REAL Eagle [scouts] wings and may you fly high like freebird.

You are about to embark on a great Space Oddity ...

Personal Disclosure: And finally a song by our own ATS member Im A Marty ...

ATS on the Moon (by Im A Marty) [soundcloud.com]

Once upon a time we were all kids with big dreams ...

Achlys and Eris!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The landing denying retards should stay off this thread

Show some respect

Go and mutter your tripe someplace else

edit on 26-8-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This one's for you, Neil.

Rest in peace.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join