It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong dead at age 82 - report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Truly an American hero, icon and a superb role model. He was a perfect example of why America is and always will be the best country on this planet. He will always remain a hero in world history. That's one thing about America, the whole world hears about our heros/icons all we got in return was the Beatles.... And look they fled to the United States where they knew they would succeed.... WOW!! The United States rules!! Sorry foreigners, sucks to be you..

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The landing denying retards should stay off this thread
Show some respect
Go and mutter your tripe someplace else

edit on 26-8-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

As my stomach turns... saddedned by Neils demise, the landing deniers should take
note of the singularity, that proves landing did take place is that, Neil after 31 years
wished Mr Gorsky good luck from the moon.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Will they be playing "If You Believe They Put a Man on the Moon" at his funeral?

Dude, that song is about Andy Kaufman, from the TV series Taxi. Not about Neil Armstrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I was nine at the time of the first moon landing,and was a exciting time to be alive.You could literally feel the excitment in the air.
It wasn't just the astronauts that went it was the world that went to the moon we all went with them. It was a positive common cause and time of endless possibilities.
I don't think the anticipation and passion will ever be repeated at least in my lifetime.

God Bless the Armstrong family in their time of grief...they are not alone

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontneedaname
abcnews.go.com...

Armstrong would doubtless have been uncomfortable with all the tributes. People who knew him said he was not a recluse, but he was a private man who quickly deflected credit to others. He described himself, more than once, as a "nerdy engineer." He often protested that while he and Aldrin made the first lunar landing, they merely piloted a mission made possible by thousands of others.

Too much hero worship the world over....that's one reason why people get inflated egos...

Too much credit taken by a few for the works of many (Rich people, famous people, royalty, etc...)

Too much basking in other's glow by association.

Sounds like Neil understood this...

He was no hero. There are no heros. Just people trying to do the right thing.

Dear Dont need no name, We dont need this attitude. People who do great things should be recognized and honored for those things. The world needs heros and the world needs to recognize its heros. We need shining examples and we need to get those examples in front of the people to see how great we can be.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
R.I.P Neil...your achievements have always inspired me,may they live on forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PragmaticBeliever
So, one of the greatest north-american simbols died... How patriotic.

50 years lying to everyone and still.....

But, who am I to judge?. If my country would ask me to do the same, I´ll do it. To lie to the whole world....

Well, farewell. I just hope you left the truth written somewhere so all of us could know it someday.

PB

Your post is garbage plain and simple and symbol is mispelled. That kind of takes the air right out of your baloon when you cant even spell a simple word but feel you have a great message to convey to the world. Way to go genius.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainPicard

Grow up.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uneedhlp247
Truly an American hero, icon and a superb role model. He was a perfect example of why America is and always will be the best country on this planet. He will always remain a hero in world history. That's one thing about America, the whole world hears about our heros/icons all we got in return was the Beatles.... And look they fled to the United States where they knew they would succeed.... WOW!! The United States rules!! Sorry foreigners, sucks to be you..

As an American citizen, first let me appologize for this idiot. Our space program was fueled by genius minds from all over the planet. Our scientists were from all over the planet. America did not get to the moon without the rest of the planet having made a donation to the cause. Thank you world for your contributions, thank you NASA, thank you gentlemen who were so brave.
edit on 26-8-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by karen61057

I was nine at the time of the first moon landing,and was a exciting time to be alive.You could literally feel the excitment in the air.
It wasn't just the astronauts that went it was the world that went to the moon we all went with them. It was a positive common cause and time of endless possibilities.
I don't think the anticipation and passion will ever be repeated at least in my lifetime.

God Bless the Armstrong family in their time of grief...they are not alone

I know, I feel sorry for those who were not yet born when this was happening. It was an exciting time to be a human and a great time to be a kid. Our imaginations were fueled by their endeavors and we were inspired to run headlong into the future where space was going to offer all the opportunities for mankinds greatness. Everyone was watching and learning and hoping and it was as amazing time to be alive.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Neil Armstrong is the man who made me interested in astronomy. RIP Neil Armstrong

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
RIP a true hero,

given the evidence of the moon landings, i think they did go,

russia tracked every move of the shuttle and moon, if they didnt go, the Russians would say they didnt, but the russians never did

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by theitalian

R.I.P. and thanks for your small step!

edit on 25-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)
How very appropriate
hopefully they will put that picture on his grave stone

Well maybe as a credit to having taken this picture, but the boot-print is Buzz Aldrin's.
according to google it's Neil Armstrong's foot printwww.google.com... enUS469&biw=1366&bih=584&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=iUY6UOzqJ4bU9AT6xIHQCA&ved=0CB4QsAQ

Well, according to NASA it's Aldrin's

Boot print

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainPicard
I wonder if he left a diary of how they faked the moon landing and how nobody was willing to exit the magnetosphere due to the extreme radiation...

Someone needs to do some basic research, here ill help you captain..

This is a claim the hoax advocates often make, but it is a gross exaggeration and simply not supported by the data. Radiation was a definite concern for NASA before the first space flights, but they invested a great deal of research into it and determined the hazard was minimal. It took Apollo only about an hour to pass through the worst part of the radiation belts - once on the outbound trip and once again on the return trip. The total radiation dose received by the astronauts was about one rem. A person will experience radiation sickness with a dose of 100-200 rem, and death with a dose of 300+ rem. Clearly the doses received fall well below anything that could be considered a significant risk. Despite claims that "lead shielding meters thick would have been needed", NASA found it unnecessary to provide any special radiation shielding.

The hoax advocates also make the mistake of limiting themselves to two-dimensional thinking. The Van Allen Radiation Belts consist of a doughnut-shaped region centered on Earth's magnetic equator. The translunar trajectories followed by the Apollo spacecraft were typically inclined about 30 degrees to Earth's equator, therefore Apollo bypassed all but the edges of the radiation belts, greatly reducing the exposure.

Solar flares were a NASA concern as well, but the radiation doses claimed by the hoax advocates are again greatly exaggerated and unsubstantiated. Although low-intensity solar flares are common, they posed no real threat to the astronauts. High-intensity solar flares could have endangered the astronauts' health, but these large eruptions are infrequent. Furthermore, there are statistical methods for determining the likelihood of a major flare during a given time interval. If NASA found an unacceptably high probability for a solar flare event during a scheduled flight, the mission would have been postponed. No large solar flares occurred during the Apollo missions and typical radiation doses received by the astronauts was very low.

I think the captain needs to step down....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Rest in peace you liar.

Watch your mouth before it gets washed out with fairy liquid.
So how come hes a liar ?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PragmaticBeliever
So, one of the greatest north-american simbols died... How patriotic.

50 years lying to everyone and still.....

But, who am I to judge?. If my country would ask me to do the same, I´ll do it. To lie to the whole world....

Well, farewell. I just hope you left the truth written somewhere so all of us could know it someday.

PB
What has he lied about do tell?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its always sad to loose someone, but loosing an icon like Neil will be remembered throughout history,

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
He will be missed. He was a great actor (peut-etre).
He finally made it to space. For real this time.

We went you need to grow up and do some basic research before making
wild claims.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just heard the news.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong...moon hoax or not, you served as an inspiration to many.

Thank you for making us look up at the heavens and wonder.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Hey denver22,

One of your previous posts applies here, with regards to the moon hoax theorists.

Conspiracy theories are a powerful source of pride and a wellspring of intellectual vanity. The theorist comes to see himself as thinking on a higher plane than the ignorant masses around him. He walks the fringes of society, watching his surroundings with suspicion. No one realizes what’s going on, he thinks. If speaking his mind on conspiracies causes others to recoil, he simply dismisses them as “dumb sheep” who cannot see what he sees. Every episode like this further reaffirms how special this inside information makes him

Bunch of muppets.

Keep on keeping on

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join