It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Humpback Whale and Pelicans Dive Around Kayakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Video: Humpback whale and pelicans swarm kayakers

www.vancouversun.com...

Humpback whales have been feeding in increased numbers off the shores of Santa Cruz over the last few weeks. Vincent Shay is an avid Kayaker and business owner of SLO Coast Kayak in Santa Cruz. Vincent and another kayaker were given an up-close look at one humpback whale while kayaking close to shore.

This video is pretty cool especially seeing how close the whale is to the kayakers ...but more importantly how cool it is to watch pelicans "crash" head first into the waters like right beside the kayakers. Once in a lifetime event for these adventurous guys. I would love to experience this wonder of the world anyday!

I hope you enjoy another segment of this nature...VIDEO is in the link. All the best watching everyone

edit on 24-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Aww, that is awesome!!
I would love to be in the middle of the fray!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That was something, lucky kayakers, did you notice the seal at about 54sec or so? It comes up and arcs down again on the lower left. Exciting stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"This is awesome!"

I probably would have been saying the same thing!

I am happy for those in the video that they got to see such an awesome spectacle from such an excellent view point. Seeing sights like this in nature makes you realise that we are not the only creatures relying on this planet to survive. There is a plethora of life around us; some of which we tend to ignore in the grand scheme of things. But seeing such fine creatures first hand makes you appreciate that there is more to our planet than us.

Great video. Cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great video, would be even better if it had no audio.......

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Great video, would be even better if it had no audio.......

There is always the mute button!

Personally, I enjoyed the audio as it showed the genuine awe in the voice of the videographer. It enabled me to get a better 'feel' of the moment than any music composition could.

After seeing massive flocks of gannets diving (similarly to the pelicans in the video), along with pods of dolphins gorging themselves on baitfish such as pilchards, I can understand the actions of the videographer. It would certainly have been a sight to behold

edit on 25/8/12 by Curious and Concerned because: missed a vital letter

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Cool video, thanks for sharing,also enjoyed hearing the excitement in his voice added to it me thinks .

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Really really enjoyed that video, and that he said, they came out to him. In other words the birds all appeared and were doing this for him. And the humpback showed up. The guy has a good heart.

top topics

join