It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site...Why is there a religion forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i'd imagine it's because religion, all of it, is the biggest conspiracy of all, certainly it affects millions. and for every devout (insert religious doctrine here) who lives their life according to their preferred scriptures, there is somebody who thinks it's all a fairy tale and a means to control the masses. someone like me. yet religion influences the lives of billions, whether they want it to or not. oh, also religion is the defining factor in many wars, again affecting those who don't care about, or for it.
edit on 24/8/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze

You people believe in your fairytale.
Fair enough.

you people???

you think your better than "us people"

good luck with that!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
oh, also religion is the defining factor in many wars, again affecting those who don't care about, or for it.

I do have here a slight disagreement. People who DONT believe any part of religion is true, are the ones to use the belief of others in effort to control them, then twisting religion and using religious propaganda for their highly politically (power, wealth etc.) motivated wars.

edit on 24-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
Fair enough.
Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).
Where is the conspiracy?
Please, educate me..it makes no sense to me at all...

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Any rational thinker wouldn't be judgemental to a certain group of people to start with.

Answer me this though... Why is it that a fairytale has become a state in the Middle East? And also other countries in the middle east are mentioned in the fairytale?? Just because the USA is not part of it doesn't mean it doesn't have some sort of credibility. It is an ancient writing either way.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
Fair enough.
Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).
Where is the conspiracy?
Please, educate me..it makes no sense to me at all...

i believe religion is one of the biggest conspiracies out there....that is why it is on ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Man made things are always subject to conspiracy because you can't fool all the people all the time.
Eventually people see things that don't add up and a conspiracy begins.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You really have to ask?????

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I agree with everything in the OP. I don't have a problem with there being a religious conspiracies forum, but the fact that the preaching is spread to every corner of the site is absolutely abhorrant to me. Every time I'm in an aliens thread or reading about...anything really and someone comes into the thread talking about how it's demons or caused by satan I want to stab myself right in the face.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I agree with everything in the OP. I don't have a problem with there being a religious conspiracies forum, but the fact that the preaching is spread to every corner of the site is absolutely abhorrant to me. Every time I'm in an aliens thread or reading about...anything really and someone comes into the thread talking about how it's demons or caused by satan I want to stab myself right in the face.

Please see my post above.

YOUR "preaching" of your cosmology is spread through all of YOUR posts throughout the site, on whatever thread YOU post on.

What makes YOUR cosmology "MORE 'righteous, allowable, kosher, inoffensive, suitable, sane . . . with more privileges'?"

Preaching . . . like beauty . . . is in the eye of the beholder. . . . and the labeling of something or someone as "preachy" tends to be when the listener is not real thrilled about what they are 'hearing' . . . usually because the biases are quite different in the content they are being subjected to.

edit on 24/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

edit on 24/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: ditto

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i think there is a religion forum because it would be popular, like or dislike.
people will allways have something to say.

personally i cant stand it, i agree it has no place here.
idiots will alllways exist.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What makes YOUR cosmology "MORE 'righteous, allowable, kosher, inoffensive, suitable, sane . . . with more privileges'?"

Not all 'cosmologies' are equal.

The ones deemed infallible are not open to reason and scrutiny like other 'cosmologies'. Those ones are not very conducive to discussion and debate. In fact the only debate therein is on 'proper' interpretation of the infallible texts. That can be tedious to say the least..

For a discussion forum the better cosmology is one that is open to being wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by BO XIAN

Not all 'cosmologies' are equal.

The ones deemed infallible are not open to reason and scrutiny like other 'cosmologies'. Those ones are not very conducive to discussion and debate. In fact the only debate therein is on 'proper' interpretation of the infallible texts. That can be tedious to say the least..

For a discussion forum the better cosmology is one that is open to being wrong.

Note, I"m spring boarding off your post . . . not necessarily assigning you a specific role or identity in the following narrative.

How . . . uhhhhhh

. . . 'egalitarian' . . .

!NOT! LOL.

It appears that YOUR COSMOLOGY includes the

notion

. . . merely the notion . . .

that ONLY cosmologies

which deserve a "better" or perhaps . . . discussable rating

are those which admit being flawed or wrong.

That might be grand . . . IF . . . there

was no cosmology that was, in fact, true.

To DECREE ?arbitrarily? that such a cosmology or such a claimed cosmology is not suitably discussable

is . . . in itself . . . a component of . . . a cosmology with its own biases . . . and limitations.

It is a BELIEF (A) . . . asserting that a different BELIEF (B) is by . . . decree . . . beneath one's BELIEF (A).

Personally, believing in the Judeo/Christian cosmology as ultimate TRUTH AND REALITY is plenty discussable.

Again . . . labeling it . . . tedius to discuss . . . like so many things . . . is in the eye of the beholder.

--tedium
--beauty
--truth
--acceptable/unacceptable

are in the eye of the beholder.

For some of us . . . like one man's garbage is another man's treasure

one man's tedium is another man's joy.

There are many rationalizations for saying that

XYZ cluster of individuals with their beliefs and cosmology (A) decrees from their biases that cosmology (B) is beneath beyond their tolerance for tedium and therefore, by THEIR DECREE should win the day.

While a WVU cluster of individuals with their cosmology (B) believe the opposite.

A Truly egalitarian, objective, fair playing field recognizes the absurdity--based on "logic"--in relegating on an 'egalitarian playing field' one cosmology to be elevated at the expense of another.

[color=6699FF]What is so "impossible" about recognizing that we all express our personal cosmologies virtually in everything we say?

. . . and that on ATS there are forums for focused, emphasized, deliberate discussions of more or less each cluster of cosmologies.

AND in the rest of the forums, cosmological facets of the writer's individual reality will VIRTUALLY ALWAYS be evident. Most NON-Attachment Disordered adults can HANDLE THAT fairly maturely most of the time.

Many of those who are still working through their childhood generated insecurities will continue to have significant emotional problems letting those other "realities" be . . . sometimes evidently without hyperventilating.

As usual, there's a broad range . . . from extremely immature reactions to extremely mature ones.

It's more than a little humorous to me that folks who normally seem to pride themselves and glory in their

'egalitarian' cosmology

are 'egalitarian'

toward everything

EXCEPT

those cosmologies that most affront THEIR PERSONAL sensibilities.

So much for the integrity of some folks' egalitarianism.

LOL.

edit on 24/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

that ONLY cosmologies

which deserve a "better" or perhaps . . . discussable rating

are those which admit being flawed or wrong.

That is not what I said.

I said those which are open to possibly being wrong and flawed.

I am talking about any and all 'cosmologies'. If it's believed to be infallible truth discussion as to the validity of those 'truths' to begin with is not allowed.

Any 'cosmology' like that is inferior to one that can be redefined and refined through reason and experimentation.

Yes that is my opinion. I do not believe we posses books with infallible truths about all of existence.

Personally, believing in the Judeo/Christian cosmology as ultimate TRUTH AND REALITY is plenty discussable.

That might be grand . . . IF . . . there

was no cosmology that was, in fact, true.

What is there to discuss?

I have to believe as you do it's the ultimate truth to discuss. If I don't believe it to be the ultimate truth, the perfect 'cosmology', what will our discussion look like? I say I don't believe it. You say that I should. I ask why and you say because I should.

Well I don't buy into this notion it's a perfect and absolute reflection of infallible truth. I think a superior 'cosmology' is fallible.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

i'd imagine it's because religion, all of it, is the biggest conspiracy of all, certainly it affects millions. and for every devout (insert religious doctrine here) who lives their life according to their preferred scriptures, there is somebody who thinks it's all a fairy tale and a means to control the masses. someone like me. yet religion influences the lives of billions, whether they want it to or not. oh, also religion is the defining factor in many wars, again affecting those who don't care about, or for it.
''

Dangie dude, you're scaring me with this down the drain stuff.

I have to admit I love a conspiracy, especially the UFO biz. Love it. However I am deeply so called religious and my conscience draws me to the religion stuff. Annoying but I feel compelled like a bee to honey. Soooo. What I do is a little bit here and there. Personally I think all things are related to each other especially man's involvement and invention in God worship. I believe that ultimately the true conspirators are those who have messed with this God stuff over time. Oh and because I'm a little crazy I believe that God fooling and time travel are closely related. How would we know anything is true with time travel. Isn't that eating from the tree of life per genesis? Someone says hey, I'd like to invent that so they just go back into time and change the facts. To me, that is eating from the tree of life. Thus, my facination with UFO and time travel.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

oh, also religion is the defining factor in many wars, again affecting those who don't care about, or for it.

I do have here a slight disagreement. People who DONT believe any part of religion is true, are the ones to use the belief of others in effort to control them, then twisting religion and using religious propaganda for their highly politically (power, wealth etc.) motivated wars.

edit on 24-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I usually don't do this but man, I so agree with you! Also, I think some people do things with religion like practice false brotherhood because they hate God. They are subtle (sexy clothes, stuck up attitude) but secretly they say things like "sig hiel." I believe it!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

You don't think there's conspiricies in religion? Many say that the head of the Catholic church has been basically hijacked by the illuminati. That's a common conspiracy with a lot of supporting accounts and evidence. There's so much evidence that I can't help but think this is very likely true. And if I was a betting man I'd say Yes it is true. So there's just one example. What's wrong with talking about stuff like this? These are real issues?

edit on 26-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
First of all, you don't need to bash people who believe in God. That's not called for, dude.

Secondly, there are a MILLION conspiracies in certain religions. You are really new to the conspiracy world, aren't you?

They also have about twenty or thirty topics under the category of "off topic."

The fact that you'd ask why such a website has a religion forum is blatantly ignorant... especially since they have a topic for nearly everything.

So, it seems more like you're ranting on your hatrid for religion, rather than an actual problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

If he can't have an opinion on this matter and "bash" as you say.

Then why do christians bash anybody who don't believe in them? And say they are going to burn in hell which in my opinion is harassment and a threat.

There are two sides to every coin bud.

Just stating my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This whole section of ATS is called "Off-topic" because it has discussions which are NOT conspiracy related, eg literature, sport, computer maintenance. "Religion" is quite legitimately one of those more "general" topics.
You're not obliged to read them; why be resentful because other people want to read them?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

I usually don't do this but man, I so agree with you! Also, I think some people do things with religion like practice false brotherhood because they hate God. They are subtle (sexy clothes, stuck up attitude) but secretly they say things like "sig hiel." I believe it!

People wear sexy clothing because they hate God?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join