It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site...Why is there a religion forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And Hitlers mom was a Jew...what's your point?
That religious people make a contribution to society?
No kidding...
so do atheists.
so do dogs, and cows and frigging flies by eating dead stuff...so what?
I don't see cows showing up in the survival forum trying to convince people venison is more nutritious...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

So, your theory, and correct me if I'm wrong is:
This nonsense is tolerated because a majority of moderators are in fact religious, and they not only condone this nonsense but support it, and if I don't like it, I should just piss off and join disclose tv or something...?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was just in a religious forum and this guy said I was "pwned" because I asked him to prove god in a scientific theory.

His comeback? He said I couldn't either and that "faith" made him the upper man. THEN He claimed that evolution is a religion and I also have faith. But my faith was nothing compared to his because god says so.

Its actually funny what they come up with, then it just turns sad IMO.

They always say just exactly what you say just flip it in the other direction and claim it to be correct, just because a book says so.

And bible literally means book lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I agree 100%...but my point is that the conspiracy in religion forums, don't even come close to discussing that and when it is approached you get shouted down, no moderator intervention, and it spills out into regular threads about stuff that has nothing to do with that crap, and still nothing is done to stop it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

I don't know how the hierarchy is structured. There are moderators, super moderators, admins.... I don't know how responsibility is delegated. I am not going to guess, I don't have enough info to justify.

As for your second part. What do you want me to say outside of what I already said? It's simple. Stay or don't. I choose to stay as I weigh the pros over the cons. Seems straight forward enough to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Absolutely...and my complaint is that if you used such circular logic in any, ANY, subject you brought up, you would be chastised and shut down, and rightly so..
But, apparently, in the religious conspiracy forum, anything goes as long as you have faith...
For a site that claims to deny ignorance, it sure has taken a foothold in a big way...i've been watching ity happen for years..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Well don't they have blog sites strictly for religious?

Why don't they just go there? Its too boring for them.

They come here and diminish a great site. Using lies trying to recruit.

And btw isn't recruitment against T/C?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Perhaps the whole conspiracy is in suggesting Religion doesn't represent a vast majority of the population in the United States....

What?

Where in the OP is anything suggesting that??

Now pretending it did...

What's your point? If lots of people believe it, it must be true? I am curious...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I was little confused by that myself, but hey,
anybody who believes in an invisible man in the sky that looks like santa in a bathrobe,
that you beg to for things he never grants,
but you still think loves you,
confuses the hell out of me....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Whoa what happened buddy? I was here one sec then bam. Your posts were gone!

I just wished religious didnt push anything onto us. They make some people feel horrible about themselves.

Sin this sin that. Your going to he'll if you don't listen to me like threats.

Here's a conspiracy. Will we ever be left alone in peace?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

edit on 24-8-2012 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)

link   
To be honest ATS has changed a lot throughout the years and I spend less and less time on it because most of the topics are about the economy, religion, politics, general news etc....... Just look at the new topics page !!!

It is becoming a clone of reddit

link   
get rid of religion, short stories and rants.
these 3 things do not need to be here at all

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Perhaps the whole conspiracy is in suggesting Religion doesn't represent a vast majority of the population in the United States....

What?

Where in the OP is anything suggesting that??

Now pretending it did...

What's your point? If lots of people believe it, it must be true? I am curious...

Well, as things developed here.. No particular point beyond offering the facts as they sit for numbers and general majority ratios of those who are religious. The title began with the very question...of why a religion forum would exist on here. To that point, it seems a fair response.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Ha I couldn't agree more. But I think rants should stay everyone needs to get a little steam off their chest once in a while.

But yes religion is a conspiracy. But they say its real so its not a conspiracy on their terms.
Its a truthful way of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You are getting moderated because your posts are off topic.

Religion is a fairytale.

Why are threads dominated by preaching and not conspiracy theory.

Is that the thread topic?

I would suggest posting inline to that.

I think majority of posters in said forum are believers and therefore see no conspiracy outside of non-believers attacking their religion. And since the demographics show majority being believers it makes sense most threads would be "preachy".

As for religion being a fairytale. I think it has been demonstrated time and again there are historical inaccuracies in the Bible and therefore rightfully question the claim of it being the infallible Word of God. I also, for many philosophical reasons, oppose the idea humankind knows the thoughts of God. Especially so much that chapters upon chapters could be written about it.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join