It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site...Why is there a religion forum?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The title began with the very question...of why a religion forum would exist on here. To that point, it seems a fair response.

In response to the title you're right that was a fair and appropriate response

edit on 24-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Explanation: S&F!

I hope this goes some way towards you getting a clue ok!

Have All 3 Abrahamic Faiths Conspired to Defraud the Torah? (by OmegaLogos posted on 11-1-2009 @ 10:46 PM) [ATS]

Now if that doesn't help you ... then maybe consider utilizing the following ATS functionality ...

Simply click on that minus sign and that WHOLE FORUM will be removed from your view [hit the + to bring it back ok].

Personal Disclosure: Religious discussions BROUGHT me to ATS originally and like other members have said previously ... you need to change where you focus on ATS and not expect ATS to change for just you and besides the religious folk are not going away anytime soon [ignoring 2012 or any raptures/ tribulations/ amaggedons etc.]

Simply don't read those forums and SCROLL to skip over the posts you don't feel are worth your time reading.

And as for conspiracies in religion ... as always ... FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

I hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Before anybody else ends up getting themselves into a bind...

I don't personally care if a person has religious beliefs or not. I have my own thoughts and that is enough for me. I don't spite or judge others for theirs.

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Terms & Conditions

YOU are responsible for your own posts.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

ATS moderates based upon these standards - not any personal biases.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think it is silly to crap on the religious beliefs of others when a simple thing like consciousness has never been adequately explained (at least no better explanation than the famous, "I think, therefore I am.")

If you can't explain how consciousness even exists, how can you say that a higher being doesn't?

ETA: I should have said 'Does or doesn't exist' above.
edit on 24-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There is a very important distinction to be made between belief in the "higher" and the belief in not just 'God' but that we possess a book that accurately contains God's opinions.

Seriously. It's non-sequitur. Showing evidence for God does not automatically extend validity to the claim of any holy scripture.

Suggesting consciousness is not understood lends credence to say Mormonism?

Showing a rational philosophical argument towards a 'prime mover' lends credence to Catholicism dogma?

It doesn't. At all.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hey guys can you keep it on topic?

The op is asking why there is a religion forum not about if god is real or not.

Please have some respect and keep it on topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Suggesting consciousness is not understood lends credence to say Mormonism?

I said nothing of the sort.
I said that it is silly to crap on religious beliefs when consciousness is not sufficiently understood. I am not lending any credence to any religious belief, just saying that when a person takes a stand one way or the other, they are not standing on firm ground.

Simple enough.

Seriously. It's non-sequitur. Showing evidence for God does not automatically extend validity to the claim of any holy scripture.

I have no idea where this came from, I didn't mention scripture of any kind.

edit on 24-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
Hey guys can you keep it on topic?

The op is asking why there is a religion forum not about if god is real or not.

Please have some respect and keep it on topic.

The answer to the OP is that they have a religious forum for the same reason that they have a cooking forum and a sports forum.
It increases traffic on the site.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do)

sorry, deleted my post... when you called yourself rational coupled with your question, well it made me laugh *shrugs
edit on 24-8-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze
Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
You people believe in your fairytale.
Fair enough.
Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).
Where is the conspiracy?
Please, educate me..it makes no sense to me at all...

Did you watch the series, LOST? What was your impression of the show? Enjoy it or hate it?

There is no conspiracy apart from this story. It's the root of the entire problem we are here discussing. Without a religion section, you would be stuck in a feedback loop of dissonance. With the presence of truth, you can manage your way out and remember.

Let me demonstrate. Pose any question about a conspiracy in government or otherwise, and then give it your best shot at an answer. From there, I will show you the correct answer based on the root. We can then judge which of us sees it more clearly. My answer will always be shown by the reflection of the root story that is hidden from the view of most readers here. If symbols are not defined correctly, we are literally lost in the division and confusion. Watch the clip below. This is the root.

God said, "Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated."

edit on 24-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I can't even come up with a comment that others haven't already said about this thread. Religion is a conspiracy, believing in higher power doesn't need to include organized religion.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Most of the conspiracies that come from religion are only conspiracies in the minds of the religious surprisingly.
Us normal people just say "move along this mysteries solved"

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

I for one believe aliens exist, but not necessarily visiting us.
I don't believe in demons, and I most certainly do not believe they are posing as aliens to fool us.

I believe in Transformers but not Harry Potter.

That #'s just for CRAZY people

everyone knows that transformers are fake...... gobots are real

duh

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You people believe in your fairytale. Fair enough. Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).

I'm not religious and for the most part I'm a rational thinker. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. People of faith are not delusional primitives, people like you are.

A conspiracy site without a religious section would be insane. first, it's the internet, so people feel the need to spew their views regardless of if it's relevant. Second, religion is arguably the biggest and oldest conspiracy of them all!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well this thread's sure in the wrong forum.

You know there are two forums on this board for religion. One is Conspiracies in Religion, and one is on the chitchat side Blue side for Faith and Theology. If you're in those forums, your complaint is moot. The forums on the Blue tab side are all off the conspiracy topic and are more for chitchat for members who have an interest in topics like sports, or cars, or cooking, or music, or movies. Or faith.

If your complaint is that religion gets interjected into threads where it doesn't belong, then your move would be to alert on those posts which are off-topic. If you're not doing that, then you complaint is again, moot.

I'm really sorry if the site isn't run to your specific set of criteria, but you should probably try to avoid bursting a vein over it. Everyone has different interests. That's why the forums are segmented the way they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
You people believe in your fairytale.
Fair enough.
Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).
Where is the conspiracy?
Please, educate me..it makes no sense to me at all...

I'm a bit skeptical about your request to be 'educated.'

Sounds more like fiercely hostile ranting is the agenda.

However . . . assuming that you really want to be educated . . .

Imagine, please, a large circle.

Consider that in that large circle is [color=6699FF]EVERYTHING.

. . . everything that IS, that's been fantasized, imagined, fictionalized, planned, pretended, thought of. Everything.

There's all the facts, philosophy, ideas, people, objects, relationships, dynamics etc. everything in all of reality . . . in all of the . . . .

COSMOS.

EVERYONE has their own personally flavored ideas, philosophy about everything in that circle. Everyone has their own

COSMOLOGY

One can call such a cosmology . . . a philosophy.

When such a cosmology is fairly structured, at all construed as internally consistent, strongly held . . . it's called a . . . drum roll . . .

RELIGION.

And, as the Supreme Court affirmed--that includes . . .

atheism.

Further, this psychologist will affirm what any perceptive person has noticed . . .

it is impossible given enough words . . .

to hide one's cosmology, philosophy, religion

[color=6699FF]when talking about much of anything.

It is particularly impossible when talking about much of anything involving people, relationships, significant priorities, foundational values, ultimate results, conclusions and outcomes.

Sooner or later--and usually sooner--one's cosmology will be displayed virtually regardless of what one is talking about.

That's true about [color=6699FF]you.

It's true about [color=6699FF]everyone.

So . . . how is it that you have the audacity to wish to decree that

Christians et al

be forced to do the [color=6699FF]impossible while you are not?

Certainly most authentic Christians construe their Christian cosmology like most folks do about THEIR cosmology

to involve all that life involves. It colors our perceptsions, our choices, our values and preferences, our relationships, our goals, . . . our lives. Not only would it be supremely awkward to avoid talking about much of anything 100% devoid of our Chrsitanity and Christian values, it would be impossible.

. . . as it would be impossible, for you to avoid displaying your cosmology, philosophy, religion of atheism or whatever . . . given a sufficient and minimal number of words.

I don't know what harsh, ?abusive?, hypocritical, shrill, daddy figure convinced you that religion was evil.

But whoever it was certainly seems to have left you with a huge blind spot, if not a huge handicap--particularly in terms of insight.

Personally, I think "religion" is evil, too. Even Christianity as a "religion" has bloodied many innocents.

However, I believe Christ died for RELATIONSHIP, not religion. And that's a whole 'nother topic.

The religion sections on ATS are imho, for focused discussion deliberately about religious aspects of life and reality.

Other sections of ATS display [color=6699FF]EVERYONE's cosmologies, religious, philosophical values [color=6699FF]INCIDENTALLY BECAUSE we are human and HAVE cosmologies . . . because it is [color=6699FF]IMPOSSIBLE to be fully or even minimally HUMAN without such cosmologies.

Cheers.

edit on 24/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: emphases adjustment

edit on 24/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: ditto

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

As a visitor of ATS for more than 8 years, and a member for only one. I can tell you ATS is not JUST a conspiracy site. If you wonder why there is a religion forum why don't you ask yourself why there is a jokes forum, T.V. forum, Paranormal forum, Food and Cooking forum, or Automotive forum. I mean is there a conspiracy behind your blinker not working? Religion is a great forum for some, but not all. So if you don't like it don't click on religion forum topics...Sorry. but I am just telling you how it is.
edit on 24-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot word

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I completely agree with you. This is a website with a bit of something for everyone. We can be conspiratorial, but sometimes we need a mental break from chicken little, as that can be emotionally exhausting too...

What I see most on this site is political and political conspiracies, but that to me is where the conspiracies lay, in reality....

for others they do the alien thing, and thats fine for them....

its all in who you are here... its simply a forum for discussions. For everyone, regardless. And we CAN learn from one another! I learned a lot here from others whom I would not have normally even considered their words, and found them to have a high probability of correctness to their theories.

Its good to be more openminded. Closed mindedness and judgmentalness gets us no where.
edit on 24-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You hear that? Thats the sound of face palming in unison.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join