It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a conspiracy site...Why is there a religion forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
You people believe in your fairytale.
Fair enough.
Us rational thinkers think you are delusional primitives (well maybe we all don't, but I certainly do).
Where is the conspiracy?
Please, educate me..it makes no sense to me at all...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You don't see how there could possibly be a conspiracy involved with religion?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Wow... there could be so many potential conspiracies in religion, such as those at the top knowing the truth, but using it as a tool to control the masses, or those at the top really worshiping Satan and doing his bidding... or priests sucking young lads' members and covering it up... so many possibilities.
edit on 24-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Apart from your post not making much sense. People making up all these conspiracies seem rather delusional as well. As do those who then actually believe in them.

In which category do you belong?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Religions are always conspiring. Most religions attempt to convert people and save as many "souls" as possible, they meet regularly to discuss what the best ways are to win souls. They package, market, and sell their faiths, often even go door to door. That's not a CONSPIRACY to you? I mean admittedly the vast vast majority have entirely good intentions but they are still conspiring together.

Also religion is often used as a tool for gaining political (and other forms of) power, swaying the masses, etc. Just look at the Republican candidates for President or any office, they often cater to and pander to the religious in order to ensure that they get the religious vote.

Let's not also forget the many supposed conspiracies embedded in religion, such as the child molestation scandals, claims of Illuminati NWO involvement, etc etc.

I'm not saying these conspiracies are all real however if you can't see why people would consider the idea of a conspiracy in religion than perhaps you're on the wrong website.

link   
reply to post by Consequence

How can anything be more delusional than religion ? or more of a conspiracy ?

link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Oh, I most certainly do...but that is almost never discussed.
It is basically a thumper forum for creationists and fanatics to come out and try to convert everybody..
For instance..there is a thread (or probably dozens) about aliens being demons...
Fine.
I for one believe aliens exist, but not necessarily visiting us.
I don't believe in demons, and I most certainly do not believe they are posing as aliens to fool us.
Mostly because the thought of beings that can appear to be anything anytime they want who have the ability to control us at will, choosing to pose as little grey dudes in flying saucers to fool us, is an asinine proposition at best, and plain fugging stupid at worst...
BUT, don't dare go in the creationist forum and make the mistake of quoting REALITY or SCIENTIFIC FACTS.
Suddenly you are part of the anti christian movement yadda yadda...
Man if there was such a thing i'd be the first in line, but there isn't...
Yes there is a conspiracy in religion.
Of that there is no doubt, and those of us not blinded by pure ignorance know what it is.
But that is never discussed...it's all about everyone repressing the most aggressive, in your face religion, in western society...as if that were true.
PFFT,
as my favorite t-shirt says:
"Jesus...protect me'
"From your followers'

edit on 24-8-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Dude your OP premise supports conspiracy in religion.....

How do you not see that

Seriously?
Where is the conspiracy?
You people believe in your fairytale.

Lots of people believe it's not a fairy tale. If it is in fact a fairy tale then.....conspiracy theories abound. That's but one aspect of many. There are many other 'conspiracies' regarding religions. Read through the forum threads before you say there is no conspiracy..
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Oh,just wait til a real one gets ripped...Whats religion forum?

edit on 24-8-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ok, look...I'm not saying there is no conspiracy in religion.
ANY religion...they are a conspiracy of control over the dumb asses of the world.
That is a given..
My beef, is that on this site, the religious conspiracy forums, are not about conspiracy, but about preaching...which would be fine, if it STAYED there, but it doesn't..
It leeches it's way into every discussion on here regardless of the topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Perhaps the whole conspiracy is in suggesting Religion doesn't represent a vast majority of the population in the United States....

A bit under 200 Million self identified by this source

US Census 1

138 Million identifying as Christian and 68 million of those, Catholic.

Census 2

Now of course I knew Joan of Arc was a Catholic but who new Wernher Von Braun was a Lutheran? Or that the Polio Vaccine came to the world from a Jew named Salk?

Famous people in history and their Faiths

Religion would seem to be all around in one form or another.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze
I for one believe aliens exist, but not necessarily visiting us.
I don't believe in demons, and I most certainly do not believe they are posing as aliens to fool us.

I believe in Transformers but not Harry Potter.

That #'s just for CRAZY people

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

My beef, is that on this site, the religious conspiracy forums, are not about conspiracy, but about preaching...which would be fine, if it STAYED there, but it doesn't..

I agree with everything you just said but I think this thread belongs in the Rant forum.

Not every thread is preaching, some are conspiracy theory angles.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze

While perhaps you tackled it in a slightly clumsy way, I totally agree with what you're saying and feel that the preaching on here gets insane at times.

I remember a while back it go so bad on BTS/off topic section that 2/3 of all threads on BTS were about religion and about preaching religion... not anything of actual interest or anything to be discussed.
I even made a thread complaining because it got so annoying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel the way that religion is brought into every single subject on here is completely ridiculous but I guess there's no stopping it?

I dunno man.

But I hear ya.
edit on 24/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I considered that.
But it would not be discussed..
It would be either ignored or agreed with.
This is a forum, and goddamit, it's about discussing stuff, and I want to know why, people are allowed into, say, alien and ufo topics to derail the thread with their religious bullsh&t that is totally off topic, but there is no way i would be allowed to do the same in a creationist thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes I did.
But the point is made, and at least you were on the ball to make it out,
and i thank you for that.
Now how about some answers?
edit on 24-8-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I feel religious rhetoric derails threads often. Again no disagreement. This is a private forum and they have their own rules and policies and they appoint their own moderators (I think I have no idea). This is a great site overall so it doesn't detour me, but it would be ideal imo if they were more strict against spamming scripture and the likeness. But anyone else that weighs the cons over the pros should just leave I would think?..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Religion: the first form of mind control...

The TRUE agenda of all false religion is to blind and misguide you away from the truth.

Your thread is proof of that fact:

You people believe in your fairytale...

Those who don't see the conspiracy are the very ones who are victimized by it.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join