It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion from a mans point of view

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

"Abortion from a man's point of view?"

Isn't that the Republican platform?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

That brought nothing to the table and not every man is a Republican.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by windword

Social norms change all the time.

Yes they do. When I was born, birth control for married women was yet to become legal. My generation was the first to "experiment" with legal birth control for the unmarried.

Today's women aren't going to go back to the norms of their grandparents. They will have their own. It's their choice to make, not ours.

If you would like to have sex for entertainment proposes only, then take the proper precautions. If those precautions do not work then take the responsibility.

Are you giving me advice, or dictating your pragmatism to all women?

I just don't see the maturity of aborting a child because you got entertained and the outcome wasn't what you wanted.

Isn't that the point? If you think the blocking their decision to terminate a pregnancy because it's immature, what kind of parental decisions will these would be mothers make?

edit on 23-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
With my question I presented a scenario , to find out how men who are against abortion would feel if their daughter, wife or sister was raped and got pregnant.
Not many have stayed on topic.
Abortion is an emotional topic, and yes some abuse abortion like anything else.
But I am pro choice.
It should be a womans choice, unless there is more to a male / female relationship besides sex.
Then I believe the man does have a say.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

All I can add, staying on topic, is that growing up in the '50's and '60', both my sister and I got pregnant as teens, even though we went to a Pentecostal church. My father, my mother and the church elders all agreed, in (Deacon) meetings, that each of us should get an abortion or be disowned. My sister, 6 years older than me, did. I didn't, and was subsequently kicked out of my parents house at 17.

Time are changing. Or are they?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Man should handle it just the same if not more agressively. The man should find the rapist and bring him to justice, and at least comfort the poor woman who was raped. The unborn child should never come into question about how to fix the problem. Because children are not the problem, its the rapists. Maybe find the rapist and do some justice, since the child is only innocent.

If someone stole your car and crashed into someone and killed them. Whos to blame? Obviously the one commiting the act. Would you be blamed for allowing your car to be stolen, and not having a better security system? Think about it people. Abortion is an excuse thats all it is.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wow... so let's say some girl in my family was raped... my personal feelings would be to take the morning after pill for sure, as well as getting a heavy check-up, depending on whether or not she wanted the child. As a matter of fact, I had to go with my girlfriend in times past to get the morning after pill once... shh!!

As far as abortions go, I believe there is a moment somewhere near the beginning of the third trimester where babies become self-aware. I am not religious, but I still think that killing sentient babies is kind of messed up.

My sister had a friend who got herself pregnant at a young age and hid it from her parents until she was about to give birth, and RIGHT THEN, decided she would get an abortion and needed transportation from my mom... there are issues with this, there really are.

When I used to be Episcopalian I approved of abortions more than I do now. That's my personal opinion. I hope it makes sense.

No to late-term abortions / killing babies, yes to morning after pill and contraceptives, that kind of thing.

Thanks for making a topic about man's perspective on abortion. I feel safe sharing my viewpoint here.
edit on 23-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

That unborn (child) is a new, additional problem to an already traumatized young woman. Abortion is a solution to that problem.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

If your daughter, sister or wife was raped and became pregnant, how would men feel about the government forcing them to have the child ?

The Government doesn't have to know. You know how the Government keeps things on a need to know basis from the American public? Ditto.

It would be up to my daughter, sister or wife. The woman has the final say on this. Always. If they want my advice I'll give it to them, but the final cut will be theirs and I'll stand by them whatever it is.

What happens to the rapist though would be on me. The woman wouldn't need to go there, she's been through enough already.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Boy...... I have now sorted through a few different topics on ATS concerning abortion.
I have seen some comments that were heartfelt, thoughtful, kind, polite, inspiring, rude, angry, condescending , ignorant, and flat out BS....( did I mention ignorant)?
Yes my FRIENDS ( yes that's coded).....it's painfully obvious at times that we all have our own opinions, believes, and positions. It's equally important to know that that's just what they are, our OWN personal beliefs.
I rarely post here, but I am damn near omnipresent here , if that makes any sense....
I do have a LOT to say about a multitude of subjects I see here, but simply choose not to. Then there are times such as this where I feel compelled to!

I'll severely shorten this little diatribe, and simply offer up this....it is of MY opinion ( right, wrong, indifferent), that until a man can extract this mass of cells from a females body( if she would ALLOW it of course), and implant it in HIS OWN UTERUS ( what's that?..men don't have a uterus or birth canal?... My bad)....sure he has a say......hell, she might even listen, but ULTIMATELY , it is HER body and HER choice! End of story!

Now you may continue on with various post about "what if's".....and...."I wish people would"....and ...."people should"........and.... Toss around words like "made" to take responsibility......and, my personal favorite "forced"!

Carry on...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

That unborn (child) is a new, additional problem to an already traumatized young woman. Abortion is a solution to that problem.

I'm tired of things like these. Women like to portray themselves as victims when they give birth. If its so traumatizing to have a child why have intercourse? If it so painful then why do it? Let me tell you. Its because of greed and selfishness. People can't wait can they? And I feel the most disgust for people who then abort the child they created because they couldn't wait long enough. I dont care if you were traumatized from giving birth. It was YOUR fault.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

I'm tired of things like these. Women like to portray themselves as victims when they give birth. If its so traumatizing to have a child why have intercourse? If it so painful then why do it? Let me tell you. Its because of greed and selfishness. People can't wait can they? And I feel the most disgust for people who then abort the child they created because they couldn't wait long enough. I dont care if you were traumatized from giving birth. It was YOUR fault.

Are you also too tired to read the thread to which you are replying, or do always do idiotic drive bys?

The "victim" I was referring to was the "rape" victim. A poster said that a rape victim should go ahead an give birth, regardless of how she feels about having been raped, because it is not the child's fault. He stated, "abortion doesn't solve the problem."

Now, would you like to retract or reword your ignorant and very personal attack against me?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm a guy and I don't think this is a very well thought out post. Not all men feel the same about abortion and I don't believe there will ever be a general consensus that will satisfy those on both sides of the fence. However,, if my daughter were raped I would want her to be able to make that choice whether or not to keep the child.

The only thing that I can think would make the most sense is to be sure of your partners stance on the issue before having sex with that person. If you are a firm pro-choice person than it's best you not have sex with a pro-lifer and vice versa.

Maybe one more thought on the subject, don't have consensual sex (this statement does not include rape, incest) if you are not prepared to deal with the possible consequences of having sex ie.... pregnancy, STDs..
edit on 24-8-2012 by taccj9903 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think abortion is disgusting, almost as disgusting as rape.

Abortion should be discouraged as much as possible.

I think people in the world of available contraceptives end up with a severely different sexual psychology than those who live with the reality that intercourse is always a potentially reproductive act. Should sex really be viewed as a hobby, just something to do for fun? That's not really what it is, right?

As an Amish Quaker Conservative Communist North Korean Nun I am appalled.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

better yet, tie tubes or have her partner get vasectomy.

And so never have kids. I'm sorry, you just don't get to control someone elses body.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So, an accident occurs, and now you're a criminal that has to be sentenced to eternal hell with a while Mister Spooge pretty much walks away scott free?
reply to post by Druscilla

I think the problem is that men have very little concept of what childbearing and full on child rearing involves. I suspect if something comparable happened to them they'd scream blue murder for control over their bodies. I was amused to see someone saying' well 'childbirth is painful, get over it'. Clueless critter. It's also important for the gene pool than women have some sort of editorial control over whose babies they have, as contraceptives fail with surprising regularity even with proper use.

A few years ago I was reading a site where a group of men where whining that they should be able to legally force their women to abort, and they felt they shouldn't have to be responsisble for the babies when they had them. So this thread to the reverse is interesting.

Problems with 'joint consent' practically.

Enforcing any kind of 'joint consent' would basically tie some poor women a one night mistake forever.

How do you know who the father is? A DNA test on on the unborn isn't viable until after the best time for an abortion, and (ironically) carries the risk of miscarriage.

Women would start accusing innocent men of rape to get an abortion.

How do you know she consented?

What you could easily end up with are rape victims being forced to carry the rapists baby.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If its so traumatizing to have a child why have intercourse?
reply to post by RimDaas

Because nature programmed human adults (including women) to have permanently active sexual desires.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

I'm tired of things like these. Women like to portray themselves as victims when they give birth.

My love, you are aware that giving birth is life threatening yes? You know how many complications can arise just by BEING pregnant? Are you aware of how difficult it is to push a small human, weighing a couple of pounds down your birth canal and into the world? You know some women have to have their vagina's cut in order for that to happen? You know even after birth, women suffer prolapses which can be pretty devastating both physically and mentally? Lets not even mention the drugs/injections some women demand because its that painful.

Could it be... could it just be! This ONE time... that women.. are actually...*Gasp* Victims!?

If its so traumatizing to have a child why have intercourse?

If someone said every time you masturbate you *MIGHT* get kicked in the balls at point later, would you stop masturbating? Would you really risk it?

If it so painful then why do it?

Yano in sex education at school, did they take you boys into one room and say "Guys, the truth is this. You're gonna want sex your whole lives but women dont have any sexual impulses at all. They have absolutely no sex drive. trust me, Ive been a priest for 20 years now."

Let me tell you. Its because of greed and selfishness.

Let me tell you - Its because women are human and have sexual desires. There's no cloak and dagger here, no big ass illuminati conspiracy, its not a sign of the end of the world, its not feminism brainwashing women - Its human biology at its basic animal level. Women like to have sex. Do you hear me? They might not like to have sex with you, but they do like to have sex. Its not a mystery, its not a secret and its nothing to be ashamed of.

People can't wait can they?

What exactly should you be waiting for? The cows to come home? To have an epiphany or something? Are we waiting for our number to be called? Green light to start flashing? Permission?

And I feel the most disgust for people who then abort the child they created because they couldn't wait long enough.

What's it got to do with you? Who the hell are you to dictate to other people how they should live and what decisions they should make?

I dont care if you were traumatized from giving birth. It was YOUR fault.

Thankfully with abortion safely well and thriving many women will have the option to not have to go through pregnancy and birth. Also, they might find something out about their fella's and drop kick his ass into the nearest dumpster.
edit on 27-8-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Wow... so let's say some girl in my family was raped... my personal feelings would be to take the morning after pill for sure, as well as getting a heavy check-up, depending on whether or not she wanted the child. As a matter of fact, I had to go with my girlfriend in times past to get the morning after pill once... shh!!

As far as abortions go, I believe there is a moment somewhere near the beginning of the third trimester where babies become self-aware. I am not religious, but I still think that killing sentient babies is kind of messed up.

My sister had a friend who got herself pregnant at a young age and hid it from her parents until she was about to give birth, and RIGHT THEN, decided she would get an abortion and needed transportation from my mom... there are issues with this, there really are.

When I used to be Episcopalian I approved of abortions more than I do now. That's my personal opinion. I hope it makes sense.

No to late-term abortions / killing babies, yes to morning after pill and contraceptives, that kind of thing.

Thanks for making a topic about man's perspective on abortion. I feel safe sharing my viewpoint here.
edit on 23-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Girls don't get themselves pregnant.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

We are all "pro-choice". We either choose abortion, or not not choose abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join