It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion from a mans point of view

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am not pro abortion but I do think it should be left up to the woman.
My question is for the men.
If your daughter, sister or wife was raped and became pregnant, how would men feel about the government forcing them to have the child ? Yes the child can be put up for adaption, but how would men handle the pregnancy of there loved one by a rapiest ?
Should there be no abortions at all ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

One very simple rule that everyone needs to learn that applies to every question:

The girl is always right, even when she isn't.

Learn it. Live it. Love it. Your life will be all the better for it.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
I am not pro abortion but I do think it should be left up to the woman.
My question is for the men.
If your daughter, sister or wife was raped and became pregnant, how would men feel about the government forcing them to have the child ? Yes the child can be put up for adaption, but how would men handle the pregnancy of there loved one by a rapiest ?
Should there be no abortions at all ?

I wonder what the civil rights movement would have looked like if they just had blacks working on it?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If its by rape, incest, danger to the mother - i agree with abortion.

If its as a form of birth control for retarded-ness - i do not agree.

If its a consensual sex between 2 people, BOTH should have the right over the child.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I really hate the term pro-abortion.

It's called pro-choice, there is a difference, but not to a pro-lifer's mind.

I really wish they'd stop using that term.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Pro-Choice just doesn't sound evil, so it is labelled away from killing.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

One very simple rule that everyone needs to learn that applies to every question:

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

This rule only applies if you are somehow unfortunate enough to be stuck in a relationship where sex is used as a weapon.

On topic, the government can't force anyone to have a child. Even if abortion was illegal again, which I doubt it ever will be, people will find ways to abort unwanted pregnancies.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

and Why is abortion mixed with rape? getting sympathy?

There is a lot of abortion happening just as a birth control, if you do not want kids, get it cut or tie it. People who abort should not allowed to have kids.

This is for general consensual related pregnancy.

edit on 8/23/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Originally posted by luciddream
If its a consensual sex between 2 people, BOTH should have the right over the child.

Regarding the exception for incest, what if it's consensual incest between 2 adults? This is just a curiosity of mine regarding how people come to the conclusion that there should be certain exceptions.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by luciddream

Regarding the exception for incest, what if it's consensual incest between 2 adults? This is just a curiosity of mine regarding how people come to the conclusion that there should be certain exceptions.

That is going beyond social norm, for example, it is wrong in the current social era for 2 siblings to have sex. Just like how the rule says sex with a person under 18 is wrong, we follow it but it was okay to marry at 15-16 about 100 yrs ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's a tough question. I have 3 wonderful boys and couldn't imagine life without them. They are all mine. The scenario you suggest, would have me feel whatever I guess I would feel. Would be hard to know, without encountering it. What I would and could do about it, is altogether, another story.

If my wife didn't want the child of rape or whatever and gov't forced her to..I'm sure there are other avenues to make sure that my wife's wishes are met. In the end, I believe it is my wife's choice. If it was contradictory to a governments "choice" for her...I would do everything I could to keep my wife happy. This is assuming it is a reasonable choice, regardless of the scenario.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Fine. Let her pay for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Yeah let her pay for abortion that she discussed with her girlfriends instead of the boyfriend who got her pregnant.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Having given birth a couple of times.. NO, they shouldn't. Chilldbearing is incredibly painful, pregnancy is just awful for many, and birth occassionally life endangering for women even in developed countries. The mans part in it is five minutes of grunting. It does not give a man the right to dictate what happens his sexual partners body if she gets knocked up. NOT his body.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I absolutely think that the man's feelings should be considered when a couple gets pregnant. It does take two to tango. In other cases, the woman will have to live with whatever choice she makes.

I know personally only one case where a 40ish year-old woman was raped and decided to go through with the pregnancy even though the perpetrator was never caught. She had never been married and had no children. That was four years ago, and she thinks the sun rises and sets in the little boy she gave birth to.
edit on 23-8-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy

Having given birth a couple of times.. NO, they shouldn't. Chilldbearing is incredibly painful, pregnancy is just awful for many, and birth occassionally life endangering for women even in developed countries. The mans part in it is five minutes of grunting. It does not give a man the right to dictate what happens his sexual partners body if she gets knocked up. NOT his body.

I'm sorry, that nature's reproduction to continue human life is mean an painful. The person could always say no to sex.

better yet, tie tubes or have her partner get vasectomy.
edit on 8/23/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck

On topic, the government can't force anyone to have a child. Even if abortion was illegal again, which I doubt it ever will be, people will find ways to abort unwanted pregnancies.

Very true. There would be abortion flights to Mexico and Canada, back alley abortionists, underground publications on how to induce miscarriage thru different drugs etc. just like there was before Roe v. Wade. Abortion in America was a cottage industry. It's the GOP that wants to return to "the good old days"...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Thank you Demoncreeper for sticking to the topic and answering the question.
edit on 23-8-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by Baldryck

Very true. There would be abortion flights to Mexico and Canada, back alley abortionists, underground publications on how to induce miscarriage thru different drugs etc. just like there was before Roe v. Wade. Abortion in America was a cottage industry. It's the GOP that wants to return to "the good old days"...

I, too, don't think abortion will ever be a major political topic. Libs like to paint broad strokes on basic GOP values like pro-life, but there are lots of Republicans that are pro-choice. The libs try to get women all upset and heated up telling them the GOP is going to overturn Roe vs. Wade, and frankly, women that don't do their due diligence buy into the hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is the women's body yes... men can't, and shouldn't, be able to FORCE an abortion on any women .

But they should be able to "force" the women to keep the baby.

I always thought it is a healthy compromise. And EXACTLY the rights women have, am I right?

I hate lib, conserv paradigm nonsense but in an equable society shouldn't a man have a say in the life of his possible child?... Not forcing abortion on women but forcing life for babies...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join