It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion from a mans point of view

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All I was doing was asking what men FELT about the topic.
There are a half a dozen abortion threads for women to post on.
BUT as usual women don't CARE what men think and feel it's alway about them.
Men are not allowed to say what they think or feel, thats why we leave them.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

My sister had a friend who got herself pregnant at a young age and hid it from her parents until she was about to give birth, and RIGHT THEN, decided she would get an abortion and needed transportation from my mom... there are issues with this, there really are.

Someone is lying to you. Abortions aren't performed after 24 weeks, that's a far cry from "just about to give birth." They sure don't do them because the woman changed her mind at the last minute. Maybe she had some emergency complications and lost the baby, and you just heard wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Surely you don't think that the strong outspoken women of ATS are going to sit back and reading silently, and sheepishly allow the men to bash their rights, integrity and impunity, unchallenged?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Surely you don't think that the strong outspoken women of ATS are going to sit back and reading silently, and sheepishly allow the men to bash their rights, integrity and impunity, unchallenged?

But it would be very feminine of us if we did

Ahh Ignorance, why do you troll these boards?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ignorance !

If you bright ladies could READ , I the OP support pro choice, as do several other men, but you don't CARE !
It's all about YOU !
Your pig headed ideas ,don't even want to hear what men feel on the topic even if we support you !
Grow up and learn to at least hear and read what men have to say, before you go off half cocked on your temper tantrum.
Men are not just sperm donors, we have thoughts and feelings , a real man loves his wife and children and supports his wife for better or worse.
Just because you failed as a woman it's not ever mans fault.
edit on 28-8-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ignorance !

If you bright ladies could READ , I the OP support pro choice, as do several other men, but you don't CARE !
It's all about YOU !
Your pig headed ideas ,don't even want to hear what men feel on the topic even if we support you !
Grow up and learn to at least hear and read what men have to say, before you go off half cocked on your temper tantrum.
Men are not just sperm donors, we have thoughts and feelings , a real man loves his wife and children and supports his wife for better or worse.
Just because you failed as a woman it's not ever mans fault.
edit on 28-8-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

^^ Lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The 'man' doesn't have any say.
The 'husband' does have a say.

If you can't commit to a life with the woman you can't complain about the fate of a life within the woman.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So comprimising with the father of the child is out of the question ?
An all or nothing attitude can cost alot in any relationship.
Again that is your choice, . Having your cake and eating it to, ring a bell ?
I didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Wouldn't that a decision be unique to the individuals involved? Or, are you seeking to legislate a would be father's right to "compromise" into law?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So comprimising with the father of the child is out of the question ?
An all or nothing attitude can cost alot in any relationship.
Again that is your choice, . Having your cake and eating it to, ring a bell ?
I didn't think so.

Actually curious what you mean by "compromise" ?

do you mean, she agrees to carry the baby and just hands it over 9 months later?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Let your imature minds read what ever your little hearts desire.
My wife and I share everything, no secrets , it's called working as a TEAM.
Sharing ones thoughts and feels even if you disagree is part of the process of respect and trust.
So if you can't respect a mans opinion even if you disagree why should he trust you with anything.
That is compromise.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Oh. So, your OP really only applied to married men and their women, who choose to get abortions. I see now. Single women don't fit into your equation.

Again, shouldn't it be uniquely a discussion and a decision made by the parties concerned? Or are you only interested in discussing what you think should be a pragmatic legislation of law, regarding a woman getting her husband's permission to get an abortion?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy

Having given birth a couple of times.. NO, they shouldn't. Chilldbearing is incredibly painful, pregnancy is just awful for many, and birth occassionally life endangering for women even in developed countries. The mans part in it is five minutes of grunting. It does not give a man the right to dictate what happens his sexual partners body if she gets knocked up. NOT his body.

...then men should have absolutely no obligation for responsibility of the child. If you don't want to experience the hardships of pregnancy for a measly 9 months, then there are are things you can do to ensure that you won't get pregnant. There's just no excuse for abortion when the pregnancy resulted from consensual sex and the mother's life is not in danger. Making sacrifices is a huge part of being a parent. By your logic, it would not be unreasonable to suggest that parents should have the right to kill their child because they are a financial strain or infringe on the comfort and happiness of the parents.

edit on 8/28/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Forcing anything, whether it pregnancy or abortion is no man's, and no one's right to say other than the woman involved.

You act like women have absolutely no say in whether they become pregnant or not. No one FORCED you to spread your legs and allow a man to ejaculate into you unless you were raped. If men have no say in whether their child lives or dies, then they should not be held accountable for any responsibility that the child requires.

As illustrated in some other's previous posts, you do a few minutes of of leaking fluid, and this somehow makes you King of the World with the power to order someone to suffer, risk their life, change their body drastically in the short term and in many ways forever as well, plus potentially sacrifice career, income, time, and over all general quality of life for the next 18 years? All because you leaked some fluid after a few minutes?

You declare a 'right' to terminate the life of another individual all because you have to carry it for a measly 9 months AFTER you made the choice to have sex and risk getting pregnant.

Girl has to deal with the product and consequences of your few minutes of gooping forever after.
It's her say.

Are you kidding me?! So a pregnancy is only a consequence of the MAN'S actions and not the woman's? Are you suggesting women are too mentally incompetent to be held accountable for their actions or are you one of those feminists that thinks all heterosexual sex is rape?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

People are not animals. They have CHOICES in regards to their sex drive.

There should seriously be financial compensation offered to those who will get themselves sterilized. I would love to see pro-abortionists try to argue for their 'right' to abortion in that circumstance.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Someone is lying to you. Abortions aren't performed after 24 weeks, that's a far cry from "just about to give birth." They sure don't do them because the woman changed her mind at the last minute. Maybe she had some emergency complications and lost the baby, and you just heard wrong.

Abortions are legal up to 40 weeks in many places.

Canada being one of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

People are not animals.

Actually we are, so get your science right.

They have CHOICES in regards to their sex drive.

People are driven by their hormones. By hook or by crook, any average human will seek sex. If we really had "choice" as you put it, then why is it people cant stop themselves thinking about sex? Oh yeah right, there's no choice when it comes to your sex drive.

There should seriously be financial compensation offered to those who will get themselves sterilized. I would love to see pro-abortionists try to argue for their 'right' to abortion in that circumstance.

I hope if they ever start sterilizing people, your type are first. Your ignorance is a complete and utter disgrace to the 21st century. Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself on ATS rather than at your weekly book burning sessions.

And btw, "9 measly months" is 3/4 of a a year. That's 75% if you cant convert that', hardly a "measly" scale of time. Men need to get their nose's out of a women's business. WE know whats best for us NOT YOU.
edit on 28-8-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Actually we are, so get your science right.

Humans are not dictated merely by instinct as intellectually inferior animals are. Humans have the ability to make rational choices based on consequences.

People are driven by their hormones. By hook or by crook, any average human will seek sex. If we really had "choice" as you put it, then why is it people cant stop themselves thinking about sex? Oh yeah right, there's no choice when it comes to your sex drive.

You have choices in how you handle your sex drive via your actions. Everyone has the need to eat as well...but you can make healthy or unhealthy choices.

I hope if they ever start sterilizing people, your type are first. Your ignorance is a complete and utter disgrace to the 21st century. Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself on ATS rather than at your weekly book burning sessions.

Funny how you allude to progress (your 'disgrace to the 21st century' comment) when you're the one suggesting that it's perfectly just for humans to be ruled merely by their primal, animalistic instincts. If the government DID start offering financial compensation for sterilization, people like yourself would be the first to line up.

The fact that you think ATS is a great educational tool speaks volumes.

And btw, "9 measly months" is 3/4 of a a year. That's if you cant convert that, hardly a "measly" scale of time. Men need to get their nose's out of a women's business.

I AM a woman. Most polls on abortion show men to be slightly more 'pro-choice' than women, so your suggestion is self-defeating. 9 months in a lifetime is NOT a long time. Not to mention how it can be avoided in the first place. I have never bared a child, but most mothers say that carrying the child for 9 months is the easiest part of being a parent. Stop playing the victim.

WE know whats best for us NOT YOU.

Anyone who is shocked by a pregnancy after having sex while fertile clearly has a few screws loose.
edit on 8/28/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

One very simple rule that everyone needs to learn that applies to every question:

The girl is always right, even when she isn't.

Learn it. Live it. Love it. Your life will be all the better for it.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I thought we were supposed to deny ignorance.

Hmmm

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not for nothin'... but if men bore the responsibility of carrying children in their bodies it is my firm belief that not only would abortion be legal, but it would be fully subsidized, there would be dozens more ways to achieve it, and clinics would be as commonplace as McDonalds in the western world.

Just my .02 cents.

~Heff

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join