It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Then you get the book they told you to read through. And show them that they cannot legally do that.

Im not scared they can't fire me for them wanting to break the law.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Think again.

The article posted said the agents faced reprimands if they did not stick to the policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I got my liscens in NJ and on the slip you fill out with your info it ask do you want to register to vote and just like that I was registered. So yeah its that easy. May differ state to state but yes in some VERY EASY. DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yup well then you become a non paid informant vigilante style.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

OK but that doesn't sound anything like your Plan A.

If you can't get them deported when your on the force what makes you think that those that stayed on the force are going to deport them when you call.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Remember nothing is impossible.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I can't say that this, if true, really comes as a shock. I personally don't see why anyone would choose to live in such a state, outside of the weather.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
this is madness! as a former resident of California, I am appalled at the states politicians for allowing this to happen. ILLEGAL apparently has no meaning anymore. so does this mean that i can go out and rob the local quicky mart and get off scott free becuase i pretend to not speak english??!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

California is nothing but illegals, good give them driver licenses maybe it will keep all them non speaking english rejects in Cali and out of other states.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

I personally have been hit by an "illegal", and offered a computer and 100$ to not call authorities. I promptly accepted

I would of took the items and money, then I would of called the cops maybe held him at gun point. You want to be a badass illegal I can be a badass too.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Sounds good but that isn't going to fly with your superiors when they give you an order. Then what?

Don't keep harping on this, the superiors are pissed and fighting this.
More time and money is wasted fighting back in forth in courts over this nonsense, it's ridiculous. We have laws and they should be enforced for a reason. It is neither fair nor right that an illegal should jump to the head of the line before someone coming through the proper channels.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Don't keep harping on this, the superiors are pissed and fighting this.
More time and money is wasted fighting back in forth in courts over this nonsense, it's ridiculous. We have laws and they should be enforced for a reason. It is neither fair nor right that an illegal should jump to the head of the line before someone coming through the proper channels.

Actually I was discussing it with someone who thought that he would join ICE and that he would get things done.

It may not be fair nor right but it is.

There are laws and then there are policies. Sometimes they don't jive. It's a fact of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

100.000 immigrant get their licenses, 50.000 buy used cars, each person spends 20 dollars a week minimum on fuel.

Side motive anyone?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Agreed. As a citizen of California, this disgusts me. I'd like to point something out about this state though - it would be deep red if it weren't for L.A. and San Francisco. Remove either one (or both) and this state would be a Conservative powerhouse.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Dude you do know that harboring or even knowing an illegal has taken residence in the US, is a punishable offence to the American? And that punishment is no less than $3000 dollars or 5 years in prison for each harbored alien?

But they get granted a drivers license to get a means to ship their money strait to Mexico or wherever they please.

ALSO to become a citizen you have to know the english language, its history, and its laws.
To become a legal citizen you have to have a clean record. But being here illegally you have already voided that possibility by breaking and entering.

I really hope that this whole drivers license thing is a trap and we don't know it. Just like the marijuana tax stamp act.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've already told you that I am aware of all of that. That is not the point.

The point is that the government isn't following the law so the law becomes ineffective.

You are arguing de jure and I am pointing out de facto. The law says one thing and the fact is another. You have been taught that there are laws for a reason. What they never told you is that they don't really have to follow them unless enough people push. Most don't really care enough to do anything.

ETA: you can reside legally in the US without being a citizen.

edit on 24-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Hahaha wow you have to be the most ignorant freakin person on earth.

Yes you can be here with a valid visa. Im not stupid. Those people I don't care about.

You have lost all my respect as a human being. I have gotten many U2U's about other people saying the same thing about you.

I have nothing to say to you anymore and you shouldt be considered an american

My final word? Illegals are illegal. So have fun supporting criminals dude.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You just don't get it. I'm not supporting anything. I'm telling you how the real world works. It doesn't work the way you have been told it works.

Illegals are illegal but when those charged with keeping them out don't, then it doesn't matter. In fact, they are the ones who are enabling them, not me. I'm just the person who is telling you what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Hmmm you have tempted me once again to reply.

What happens in the courts when you try to sue the people that are trying to make you break the law?

Hmm I guess the penal system has its flaws too... Haha bull S***. I been in court I know how it works. I have lawyers class A pitbulls in fact that give their lives to bring justice.

Don't reply back because I will just take it as harassment.
GOODBYE

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Take it however you want.

The fact that there is a policy to release OTM (other than mexican) illegals in the field, means the court system is cut out of the process, so your experience with it is worthless.

edit on 25-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join