It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
One day I will become a part of immigration services. And I will be one of the few who actually do their job.

No, you will follow orders. You think that if DHS policy states one thing, that you will be able to go against that policy? Save yourself the aggravation and go into something else.

edit on 23-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
One day I will become a part of immigration services. And I will be one of the few who actually do their job.

No, you will follow orders. You think that if DHS policy states one thing, that you will be able to go against that policy? Save yourself the aggravation and go into something else.

Haha typical another american saying someone else should give up their american dream.
Some country right

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

What does that have to do with the fact that DHS policy comes from up top and if you think you can disregard it and do whatever you want then, you're gonna be out on you butt in no time?

The OP of this thread is a perfect example. If the state of California grants illegals driving licenses and you are an immigration officer working in that state, doing his job, what could you possibly do about it?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Haha I really have nothing to say to you.

I would merely be following the laws that are in place. If your here illegally you are here committing a crime.

I would be bringing criminals to justice.

Nothing you can say can alter that fact.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The laws that are in place? When the president orders you to release a certain segment of detainees, your gonna refuse?

I suggest you talk with actual immigration officers to get a real idea of what you will be doing. You can work at getting into that spot where you think you will make a difference. Actually making a difference, it may not be what you thought you were getting into.

ETA: Here is an example of what I am saying:
Secret report: Catch and release for low-priority illegals proposed

U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the agency charged with guarding the U.S. borders, has written a secret draft policy that would let its agents catch and release low-priority illegal immigrants rather than bring them in for processing and prosecution.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hispanics are the highest minority in the United states, CA has definitely changed overtime and it's now an illegal free state meaning they might aswell make illegal immigrants citizens at this rate, also they should grant all citizenship from Mexico.

It's already happening as Mexico combines with the USA, this is clearly evidence of the start.

America is gone here's another sign for it's collapse being here you have no choice and accept these radical changes, illegal immigrants are having the same rights as citizens.

Nothing is wrong with illegals as they are people other than....being illegal status, I mean citizens? What is illegal immigration for these people have really lost it.

This is only going to cause a breakup and change of the 50 states in America if it continues in the near future heck it's already happening, we are slowly breaking apart.
edit on 23-8-2012 by corporateslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have been to court a few times here in So Cali... Do you know what the illegal people get here for no License or insurance....They get A freaking $100 dollar fine....I am not kidding you at all!! Do you know how many THOUSANDS it would cost a LEGAL person if they were caught for the same thing perhaps even jail time...I have heard the judge say "I know you can't get a license here"....Also in California you can have car insurance for yourself WITH NO LICENSE.....Oh yeah and then the judge will say "How long do you need to pay it" They respond with whatever...and then the judge says" Okay well just let me know if you need and EXTENSION" REALLY???? You gotta be freaking KIDDING ME!! Sorry but it really angers me.
edit on 23-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
LOL...so I just had my rant, but this is kinda funny...About a month ago I got drunk and called the White House about all of the illegal people here and asked for the president...LOL needless to say they would not let me talk to him... So then I asked if they could please have him call me back. Of coarse they said he was to busy...so I then asked if I could leave a message and to make sure he go it...I went on a 5 min completely valid rant.Needless to say i never got a call back...but LOL anyway...I just thought I would share...Don't drunk dial the President it gets you nowhere...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
North Mexico is coming along nicely now - soon the rest of the 140 million mexicans will be here too and at the rate they have kids and the governemnt hands out money to support them it should only be like a decade until the US is completey fux0red into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

What does that have to do with the fact that DHS policy comes from up top and if you think you can disregard it and do whatever you want then, you're gonna be out on you butt in no time?

The OP of this thread is a perfect example. If the state of California grants illegals driving licenses and you are an immigration officer working in that state, doing his job, what could you possibly do about it?

"Saying they are fed up with being told that they can’t do their jobs, 10 immigration agents on Thursday sued the Obama administration to try to overturn the president’s new non-deportation policy."

Read more: Immigration agents sue to stop Obama's non-deportation policy - Washington Timeswww.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Would you like me to post the actual illegal immigration laws. But I guess you will just continue to ignore federal law. Because federal law is higher and the president himself cannot change them.

But I do not want to post them because arguing with you on legality is just a waste of time to me because I know what the actual laws are thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker

Why can't I? After scrolling up and looking at all the hatred towards people wanting to leave their infected water and corrupted government, I am pretty sure it's fine.

This thread is soooo took our jerbs

DAMNIT THEY TOOK OUR JERB
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: AWWWWWWW MAN.....THE TOOK HIS DOG, BROKE HIS JAW, COCKADOODLEDOO ETC

I'm sure you have many other rationalizations for why people commit crimes, and how it makes it okay - why don't you share. I guess if someone "hates" you, or certain people say that other people (not them, of course) "hate" you, it makes it okay to illegally invade their country? Because why? You're too lazy to do anything about your own third world country? Am I getting warm?
edit on 23-8-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
LOL...so I just had my rant, but this is kinda funny...About a month ago I got drunk and called the White House about all of the illegal people here and asked for the president...LOL needless to say they would not let me talk to him... So then I asked if they could please have him call me back. Of coarse they said he was to busy...so I then asked if I could leave a message and to make sure he go it...I went on a 5 min completely valid rant.Needless to say i never got a call back...but LOL anyway...I just thought I would share...Don't drunk dial the President it gets you nowhere...

Until you so much as threaten to fart in his general direction, then you'll be all kinds of somewhere. Somewhere with bars on the windows.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I know what the actual laws are as well. That is not my point.

My point is that when your superiors tell you to do something you will have no choice but to comply. Well, maybe you can do what the guys in the post above your's did but they still have to wait to see if it turns out in their favor or not. This may even set a precedent which will make your time on the force even worse.

Have at it though. I was just trying to let you see that things are not always so cut and dry.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Haha apparently you dont know the laws then.

So dont waste my time with your responses.

I consider you an enemy now.

America for Americans only. No ands ifs or buts.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I really do know the laws but I also know that the real world isn't always run by the book.

Even if the laws are on your side you can still have the system against you. That is the truth that I am trying to get through to you and you want to see me as the enemy.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well that sucks.

ANYONE that agrees Illegals can be here in any way shape or form is an enemy.

That is what im trying to get to you.

Goodbye.

edit on 23-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

But I'm not the one saying that they can.

I'm saying that the people who you are going to be taking orders from are also the ones who are saying they can.

That will put you between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yes well NO ONE is above Federal Law.

They may think they are but no.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Sounds good but that isn't going to fly with your superiors when they give you an order. Then what?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join