learn more

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Your new name is Nancy 'cause your negative. Las Vegas? Been there, done that. Has nothing to do with this thread but thanks for your pissed off opinion.

We get called racist because of this:

Originally posted by Common Good
You want a better life?

Dont come over here and dirty up mine.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker

Your new name is Nancy 'cause your negative. Las Vegas? Been there, done that. Has nothing to do with this thread but thanks for your pissed off opinion.

We get called racist because of this:

Originally posted by Common Good
You want a better life?

Dont come over here and dirty up mine.

How is that racist, Becky?

Point in case right there.

Everything and anything is racist if you cant talk your way out of facts.

-Edit to add on emore thing- NEXT time you quote somebody- quote them for what they said. Dont skip sentences.

"You want a better life- stop breaking the law"
edit on 23-8-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Coll, I'm Becky, you are Nancy, we can agree on that at least. But you should probably find a post about NV to strut your pre-morning-coffee rage around in.

Your statement about "dirtying" things up seemed a little racist to me....maybe I'm a little loony from lack of sleep though, who knows.

Not all that is dirty is dirt
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

I said that their house is dirty- dont bring it over here.

And that is racist..how?

....stop with the racial crap, its past its expiration date.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You are so correct. MLK shot racism right in the face, it doesn't exist anymore.

Sorry to burst your tiny, little bubble but....Have you ever been south of the US border? Not every house and building is made of clay and bean burritos my friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

Yes- I have.

I never said they were.

Twisting again Becky.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If you have, I am confused as to why you would say their houses are dirty. The point of this thread has derailed, to get back on track, anyone who can make it into this country deserves a fair chance. You really think that people with no legal reason to even be in USA are robbing you of your moneys? Go back a page or two, where i said "DEY TOOK OUR JERBS"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you have, I am confused as to why you would say their houses are dirty. The point of this thread has derailed, to get back on track, anyone who can make it into this country deserves a fair chance. You really think that people with no legal reason to even be in USA are robbing you of your moneys? Go back a page or two, where i said "DEY TOOK OUR JERBS"

You really do have a reading comprehension problem.

Anybody who makes it into this country legally deserves a fair chance.

The point of this thread BTW- is granting ILLEGAL ALIENS drivers licenses.

get back on track.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by daskakik

Well I thought this was a democracy.

Actually it's a constitutional republic. You have a democratically elected government. The representatives that are elected can pass any law as long as it is constitutional.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Please see the link below to educate yourself.

USCIS

Correct. Only American citizens are allowed to vote. LPRs are not. Simply because an LPR is not a citizen.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

why are "they" labeled illegal immigrants socially and given unfair civil rights. californias issues would be different if it approached the truth of the matter regarding north and south american natives more humanely and american.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
Not if both of their parents were US citizens and here legally. See what I did there? If you really don't see the difference, then we can't carry on an intelligent conversation.

Face it, the whole "anchor baby" thing is a loop-hole

Taking advantage of loop holes is not illegal.

Furthermore, the ol' "don't blame the baby" line won't fly with me.

What does or doesn't fly with you is irrelevant.

What they basically said was,"Screw the US's laws, I'm goin' in anyway." Yea, that's what America is about, ignoring laws and hoping we don't get caught.

Actually what they say is "if they didn't want us here then why is it so easy to come and work here".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Bad idea. Illegal immigrant hits you while driving drunk or sober? Their no vehicle insurance will screw you, possibly for life and who can you sue? Not them and Mexico isn't going to pay a dime for your injuries or death.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I didn't feel like looking through 4 pages of voter ID stuff, so sorry if this has been mentioned.

They can have a drivers license, but I'm assuming that they won't have car insurance. Some will, not trying to paint with a broad brush, but I'm wondering if there will be a statistically significant increase in accidents therefore increasing the burden on some car insurers and increasing premiums.... and death....bum bum bummm..

They probably already drive illegally, so I guess it rewards those that actually want to immigrate or never had a life in their parents country of origin.

Can't help it, but my mind wanders to all the SUV/Truck accidents with illegal immigrants being killed that have been reported recently.
Noting that none of them happened in California...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

I'm not mad at all, i have found truth in a lot of this nonsense, but you have to admit there is a lot of BS being tossed around from people who don't understand how hard it really is to find work in California (look at my introduction, i am a new member and admit i am a struggling laborer). People come to this awesome state because there is more opportunity potentially. I do not judge anyone wanting to see their future and their family's future benefit from California's fast paced labor market.

Yes. People come here illegally. Are they coming here with nukes? With UFOs? With c4's on their chest? No. But here we go again with categorizing....it is never-ending.

There is no free pass involved.....I ask you this, who on this planet hasn't received a free pass? You?
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: edited

Also that gandening and painting shi*f*t was laughable, i do both as a living as a laborer. i speak Spanish as a second language as I'm sure most others from California do....
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: lawl

You paint a pretty picture of illegals. You do realize that thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations and our laws not being enforced rght? Many due to a drunken illegal driver.

People from all over the world want a better life, but they don't just waltz over a border and demand things. All we hear about are the 'poor' illegals. If you can afford stolen identities and fraudulent documents, you are not poor. With millions of unemployed citizens, we don't need millions of illegals taking jobs.

When you have such high uncontrolled numbers of illegals that we are now forced to speak a foreign language in many places in order to get hired, there is a problem. We have people who come here with great respect for our laws and language. No illegal should jump to the head of the line and shove others aside.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

reply to post by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

I'm not mad at all, i have found truth in a lot of this nonsense, but you have to admit there is a lot of BS being tossed around from people who don't understand how hard it really is to find work in California (look at my introduction, i am a new member and admit i am a struggling laborer). People come to this awesome state because there is more opportunity potentially. I do not judge anyone wanting to see their future and their family's future benefit from California's fast paced labor market.

Yes. People come here illegally. Are they coming here with nukes? With UFOs? With c4's on their chest? No. But here we go again with categorizing....it is never-ending.

There is no free pass involved.....I ask you this, who on this planet hasn't received a free pass? You?
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: edited

Also that gandening and painting shi*f*t was laughable, i do both as a living as a laborer. i speak Spanish as a second language as I'm sure most others from California do....
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: lawl

You paint a pretty picture of illegals. You do realize that thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations and our laws not being enforced rght? Many due to a drunken illegal driver.

People from all over the world want a better life, but they don't just waltz over a border and demand things. All we hear about are the 'poor' illegals. If you can afford stolen identities and fraudulent documents, you are not poor. With millions of unemployed citizens, we don't need millions of illegals taking jobs.

When you have such high uncontrolled numbers of illegals that we are now forced to speak a foreign language in many places in order to get hired, there is a problem. We have people who come here with great respect for our laws and language. No illegal should jump to the head of the line and shove others aside.

The illegals waltz over because unethical people would give them the incentive to come here by hiring them. Look at the cause of the problem not the symptom.

Getting fraudulent papers is not difficult at all. At a factory I worked at during my college years there were a few guys using the same documents to get work in a few different plants. Some people even let other people borrow their identity. It is not that hard. I learned quite a bit about how illegals work that year.

You claim that "we" are now forced to speak a foreign language to get hired. ....The illegals cannot get those jobs you speak of either since THEY DON'T KNOW A FOREIGN LANGUAGE as well
So how are they taking jobs??

Also if Americans have a difficult time in the job market competing against under educated non english speakers then we have a bigger problem on our hands.

Illegals were encouraged to come here with job opportunities without having to go through the proper channels to come here legally. Some illegals did take advantage of this to become legal residents. There are many which did not take advantage of these opportunities either because they cannot afford it, they do not know how or they just did not want to. The later should be sent back since they do not want to be part of this country but the others should be given the opportunity to stay.

If you disagree then I will point out how it was okay for many decades to allow immigrants to come here illegal for the benefit of those who profited off illegal labor, but now that illegals are considered an inconvenience "we" just want to toss them back. That is pretty messed up.

IF this goes as planned then all those people given a license will become citizens who will end up paying into the system all of you pay into today.

On a different note I would really want to know how many of you actually have experience with legal immigration. It is quite a beast to deal with. If we did uphold immigration laws the only ones who could come here would be the ones who wouldn't need to leave their country in the first place hahahah.

edit on 23-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Gentlemen. If I may help.

He didn't mean that their houses were literally dirty. He was using a metaphor to suggest that if their country was so bad, they should stay there and try to fix it and change things rather than going to another country only to engage in the same decision making processes that made living in their original country untenable.

met·a·phor/ˈmetəˌfôr/Noun: 1.A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2.A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I thought illegals were already allowed licenses? If not, then what the heck is up with the DMV always being packed with a bunch of hispanics who can barely muster a word of English?

I'm pretty sure illegals were already allowed licenses here but I may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You claim that "we" are now forced to speak a foreign language to get hired. ....The illegals cannot get those jobs you speak of either since THEY DON'T KNOW A FOREIGN LANGUAGE as well
So how are they taking jobs??

Also if Americans have a difficult time in the job market competing against under educated non english speakers then we have a bigger problem on our hands.

Illegals were encouraged to come here with job opportunities without having to go through the proper channels to come here legally. Some illegals did take advantage of this to become legal residents. There are many which did not take advantage of these opportunities either because they cannot afford it, they do not know how or they just did not want to. The later should be sent back since they do not want to be part of this country but the others should be given the opportunity to stay.

If you disagree then I will point out how it was okay for many decades to allow immigrants to come here illegal for the benefit of those who profited off illegal labor, but now that illegals are considered an inconvenience "we" just want to toss them back. That is pretty messed up.

IF this goes as planned then all those people given a license will become citizens who will end up paying into the system all of you pay into today.

On a different note I would really want to know how many of you actually have experience with legal immigration. It is quite a beast to deal with. If we did uphold immigration laws the only ones who could come here would be the ones who wouldn't need to leave their country in the first place hahahah.

You can't possibly believe that illegals are only doing the jobs that American citizens won't do. When ICE would raid companies of thousands of illegals, thousands of citizens would quickly take up those positions.

We allowed seasonal workers for the fields, we don't allow millions of people to blatantly disregard our laws, take jobs in many areas of the workforce, live here, recieve benefits etc.

You can't just give illegals an easy way out and allow them to cut to the head of the line. With millions of unemployed citizens, this is foolish, unfair and just plain wrong. We have people who have to decide between food or life saving medicine. We have people who are struggling deperately and need to provide for their families and themselves.

We have existing laws and you can't just pick and choose which ones you wish to follow.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Don't all you supporters know that if you know an illegal, knowingly they are from a different country, and you do not report them. You are committing a crime? You are aiding a fugitive of the law.

One day I will become a part of immigration services. And I will be one of the few who actually do their job.

I have said enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join