It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a motion introduced to place a ban on cigarette sales to anyone born after the year 2000?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by GAOTU789

same here, but think of it this way.

in 20yrs, you'll be 32 and you will not be able to buy cig's.

its going to stamp out smoking!

Hahaha. No it wont

Look. The military has tried to ban smoking completely and failed. THE MILITARY!!! He'll. The navy couldn't even do it by removing smokes from the ships store and on he sea that is the only store. Only thing it did was create a very lucrative black market. VERY lucrative.

When will you people realize you can't legislate everyone to abide by your personal beliefs? Jeezuz. Just to to your home and live life your way. Don't worry about what people do I. Their own homes or SIG their own lives. Stop being such a busybody.

And I would hazard a guess that you prefer the liberal party in your region eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What if the big problem with tobacco wasn't lung cancer?

The native Americans held it as being sacred, and used it in diplomatic and religious ceremonies, and healings.

IE Peace pipe

What if....what if the big reason for hating tobacco had nothing to do with lung cancer, but had something to do with that it caused people that smoked it to have a bit of an expanded consciousness, awareness, or desire for peace?

I grow tobacco, but I don't smoke it. However, there is something very special about these plants.
I really hate that it - and the people that smoke it - have been so demonized.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Nothing personal, but thats just being stupid.

Red meat? really? thats the argument you present?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poopooplatter
reply to post by boncho

Ever walked behind a smoker? Waited at a street light with the windows down behind a smoker? I feel imprisoned.

The old "I don't like something so ban it". Charming.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Thats a good point im glad you brought it up.

See, I wouldnt have a problem with someone that grew tobacco in their backyard and enjoyed the occasional pipe in a personal sanctuary

But for a mega corporation to engineer this stuff so it makes you addicted is a completed different kettle of fish.

They want you to be hooked, its not just tobacco in that cig.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

I shouldn't have to breathe stinky ass cigarettes that are harmful if I'm not a smoker. It infringes upon me. If people weren't so rude and considered others this wouldn't be an issue. Smoke at home.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by hadriana

But for a mega corporation to engineer this stuff so it makes you addicted is a completed different kettle of fish.

They want you to be hooked, its not just tobacco in that cig.

Booze, the million drinks that now contain caffeine etc These would all need to be banned to if that is your reasoning.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Its not a personal belief but,
Its a sociological problem.
Your smoke, affects me.
Your addiction to smoke, clogs up the hospitals
Smoking doesnt give you anything, there's no pro's, no advantages, your doing it because your addicted and if you deny your addicted your also not very bright.

I am all for smoking being banned in pubs, clubs, public transport, shopping centres, you name it.
Because maybe my baby is close enough to breathe it in?
Maybe im a recovering addict and your disgusting habbit blowing into my personal space is a extreme invasion of my health?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I shouldn't have to breathe stinky ass cigarettes that are harmful if I'm not a smoker. It infringes upon me. If people weren't so rude and considered others this wouldn't be an issue. Smoke at home.

First of all check out the many sources regarding the propaganda surrounding second hand smoke. Secondly I hate the smell of mushrooms being cooked. Ban them!!!

link   

Well, if your drunk, you cannot buy booze.
You cannot drink booze on the streets.
You cannot drink booze on the trains.
You drinking booze, doesnt put alcohol in my mouth, its personal. Smoke drifts!

link   

I use common sense when exercising my freedoms and the majority populace doesn't. That's the difference. You have to put laws in place so the mongoloids don't hurt themselves. This doesn't actually take my freedom, because I'm not dumb enough to smoke. In fact, banning cigarettes gives me freedom to not breathe second hand smoke. You can't turn this into a freedom argument, because it infringes on others. Ever walked behind a smoker? Waited at a street light with the windows down behind a smoker? I feel imprisoned.

You don't value freedom very much mate and nice, mongoloids.

I don't like it or do it so ban it!!!

Ya that's the answer.

Common sense eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well, if your drunk, you cannot buy booze.

I don't understand where you are going with these but

1) Yes I can and do
2) You can in some places
3) You can't put your feet on the seat on a train either
4) If you were near me while I was drinking, you would probably smell my double scotch.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm so glad I couldn't care less about liquor. In fact, imagine being an addict to booze, and there it is, freely available everywhere. How would one ever quit the deleterious effects of the solvent?

Oh, I know, let's make it illegal....just like in jail.

You really should have your own country, and please, stay there. Kiss all the girls you want, just stay there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally poste
d by Poopooplatter

First of all check out the many sources regarding the propaganda surrounding second hand smoke. Secondly I hate the smell of mushrooms being cooked. Ban them!!!

Lmao now I know why these morons don't care. Second hand smoke is harmless. Thanks for that unnecessary observation on mushrooms that doesn't even come close to comparison. Mushroom smell is hazardous I forgot... Pathetic I'm done arguing with morons. Basic logic. If smoking a cigarette is harmful then smoke from it is harmful. No science experiment will change this information unless cigarettes all the sudden aren't harmful. Nice try. Goodnight dumby.

So you didn't read the link that is full of verifiable facts?

Common sense indeed lol

In case you decide to use that common sense you so proudly announced you have:

www.davehitt.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Orite dude, let me break it down

1) Yes I can and do
- No, under Australian LAW no one is allowed to sell anyone who is drunk alcohol.

- No, it is illegial in Australia to drink in a public place unless it is a designated drinking area which is fenced off with security. AKA concerts

Yes, but your feet on the train wont impact my lungs

4) If you were near me while I was drinking, you would probably smell my double scotch.
I have no problem with that, infact id probably be convinced to buy one for myself.
However, your smoke is going into my lungs and doing damage, it is also stoking the addiction chemicals.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Orite dude, let me break it down

1) Yes I can and do
- No, under Australian LAW no one is allowed to sell anyone who is drunk alcohol.

- No, it is illegial in Australia to drink in a public place unless it is a designated drinking area which is fenced off with security. AKA concerts

Yes, but your feet on the train wont impact my lungs

I have no problem with that, infact id probably be convinced to buy one for myself.
However, your smoke is going into my lungs and doing damage, it is also stoking the addiction chemicals.

So they were all pretty much pointless things to bring up???

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Just be careful with this one as alcohol causes cancer, clogs up hospitals and costs society a great deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally poste
d by Poopooplatter

Lmao now I know why these morons don't care. Second hand smoke is harmless. Thanks for that unnecessary observation on mushrooms that doesn't even come close to comparison. Mushroom smell is hazardous I forgot... Pathetic I'm done arguing with morons. Basic logic. If smoking a cigarette is harmful then smoke from it is harmful. No science experiment will change this information unless cigarettes all the sudden aren't harmful. Nice try. Goodnight dumby.

So you didn't read the link that is full of verifiable facts?

Common sense indeed lol

In case you decide to use that common sense you so proudly announced you have:

www.davehitt.com...
edit on 21-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)
[/

quote]

Lmao wow glad I saw this. Now I have it!!! The study that debunks the study! Who cares? First of all an out dated article from 1993 is your evidence? Let me break this logic down once more.... If smoking a cigarette is harmful and it releases smoke, then it is harmful for whoever inhales this smoke. Not difficult to grasp. The study will never be shown because they were non-smokers, but common sense tells us otherwise. Get real man quit trying to convince yourself.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well no,
You brought booze up saying its bad and therefore should be outlawed.

I disagreed, because:

If your drunk, you cannot buy booze.

therefore, you drinking booze doesnt affect me.

but your smoking does.

Your the one who argued about it!
but a good debate it was fair squire!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join