It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSer's I Need Your Help, Urgently!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well here's the story, in 4 week I will become homeless. The reasons why are nether here nor there. 3 days ago I went to my local council to again talk about housing. I had no luck they gave me a fobbed off story and said I would never get a council house although I have a child and a wife who too will be homeless. The council told me to look for a privately rented place which they would help me pay for as I am on a low income and the rent prices in my area are exsortionate

Ok I thought until I learnt that 99% of landlords won't accept housing benefit. Why? Because the council are terrible at paying rent (oh the irony).

So now I am stuck in house that is already overcrowded which I am about to be thrown out of.

I believe that the council rely heavily on people ignorance, so as not to house them after all it cost them money. So I was wondering if I could get help from my ATS brother and sisters in researching housing law. Don't worry though I'm not being lazy in getting help. Its just that I only have 4 weeks and many hands make light work.

Also I would like to here from others experiences.

Also I realizes I have had a similar thread on this issue but this one is far, far, more serious.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The reasons why are nether here nor there.

it would be important to know the reason to help you with housing laws. maybe it is possible to get a delay.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No way round it, I know at least 10 people in your position, one of my close friends who has 2 children is currently stuck in a violent houshold as she has no where to go, she's gone through the correct council procedures, which in Birmingham is waiting to be allocated "points" those with the most points get places first...

Although, some how that's flawed because I've seen my cousin, who is a single 30 year old immediately granted a large 3 bed place she has no need for, and a bloody teenage druggy granted his own 1 bed flat, while my close friend still waits...

The only other option she has is to take the children into a hostel, where by in about 3-4 months she SHOULD finally be offered home.

The alternative is private rented, she's viewed three properties that WOULD accept council payments, but they are not fit enough to live in..

and I'm currently sofa surfing at my other cousins.

If we were yellow skinned and had 12 siblings, now we're talkin!!
edit on 21-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Same story here,no council houses.did they not tell you to apply as homeless?My friend had to do that and it still took nine months to get offered a flat in a dodgy part of Aberdeen.
You should have told them you were Polish,seems they are the only new applicants privy to council houses.Disgusts me.
Good luck.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I turn 21 at the end of the month, I've been registered homeless since 16..

I've got jack squat! aha.

Never mind the Polish, here's something I always ask people...

Have you seen a homeless Asian lately?

probably not as relevant up in Scots Land, but in Brum, that's a key observation! lol

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

We are currently living in my wifes mum's council house (which she is currently not living in). It's a 3 bedroom which we share with her uncle and brother. My and the wife sleep in the living room, her uncle and brother have a room each too. And my daughter has a room.

My wife's mum is moving back into the house which means we must leave.

edit on 21-8-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I am sorry about your situation and I am hoping you find new housing soon.

I live in America but I do want to try and help you. Here is a website I found: www.housinglaw.org.uk...

Also I think you should contact a good lawyer or as you say in England (barrister)...are there any that will donate their time?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

There must be laws against this! We must find them!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Aha, no one over here would take on these cases! The lack of housing, and affordable housing is epidemic! But the immigration floodgates are still open!

I don't blame the immigrants, I blame the government!

They lack basic math skills it seems.

Jobs decreasing, homes decreasing, public services decreasing,

Immigration INCREASING! it makes me LOL a wee bit aha.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks this is a good start. I have been looking at solicitors but can't contact any till tomorrow.

link   

Me and people I know have been to the citizens advice, and protested as much as physically possible. We're not a concern apparently.

link   
Welcome to Britain were they screw the people that need help and help the ones that dont.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
sorry to hear this mate. it sounds like you in the U.K.,and i don't know much about the housing (low income) over there.
i'm in canada, over here you can go to welfare,and they could set your family up with temperary shelter and help with employment till you get back on your feet. and maybe find you low income housing after you are employed.
we have programs to help you here too,but like where you are,you got to ask and ask and ask again,because they sure won't tell you about them! a lot of landlords won't rent to you if your on welfare too,because they just assume your a low life drug addict.
i'm afraid i am facing the same reality as you before the year is out. i am seperated from my wife & kids, so i'm considered single,and that only gets you $500.00 / month! who can live off that? never mind pay rent!
average rent in my area is 800-1000/month for a one bedroom ghetto apt.
what about food,or bills,or child support???
worst case for me is i'll end up in a men's shelter,no visits from my children,no public transportation to get to work (the shelter is out of the way so people don't have to look at it!).
i work when i can,but can't seem to save any money,there is never enough left over.
as for you my friend,i wish you the best of luck. i truly hope things turn around for you.
peace

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
damn .. freakin disgusting
this is your house and they dont have any right to steal it from you
the foreclosure is a fraud .. the fat rich bankster wants their profit
some people know about them .. thats why they burn their house
but that will make things worst

Elderly Mother, Son Found Dead In Their Burned, Foreclosed Family Home

you need to fight them without any violence .. this is your house
dont move and keep your ground
this is YOUR house not anyone else will tell you otherwise
the economy is so ruined .. you should sue obama .. his fault and Bush
why would you have to pay for their intentional mistakes (their agenda is to screw people)

always follow your heart ALS
be safe you and your familly

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What's a council house...(your mothers)...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This may be of help its about human right to social housing.

www.equalityhumanrights.com...

link   
Hi Matey,

I do agree with icepack, housing legislation in the UK has undergone a massive overhaul over the last 10 (ish) years and is very much geared towards protecting tenants rights.

If we were to know the reason behind this or even the legislation that your current landlord is relying on it would be of great help.

I note you say you will be homeless in four weeks, has a possession order been granted by the courts?

I understand you may not feel like going into personal reasons on here, if this is the case, you can always contact Shelter on their helpline. As far as advice goes, they are actually quite good.

If I / we can help in any way my friend, just say the word or send a message.
edit on 21/8/12 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by reficul
sorry to hear this mate. it sounds like you in the U.K.,and i don't know much about the housing (low income) over there.
i'm in canada, over here you can go to welfare,and they could set your family up with temperary shelter and help with employment till you get back on your feet. and maybe find you low income housing after you are employed.
we have programs to help you here too,but like where you are,you got to ask and ask and ask again,because they sure won't tell you about them! a lot of landlords won't rent to you if your on welfare too,because they just assume your a low life drug addict.
i'm afraid i am facing the same reality as you before the year is out. i am seperated from my wife & kids, so i'm considered single,and that only gets you $500.00 / month! who can live off that? never mind pay rent!
average rent in my area is 800-1000/month for a one bedroom ghetto apt.
what about food,or bills,or child support???
worst case for me is i'll end up in a men's shelter,no visits from my children,no public transportation to get to work (the shelter is out of the way so people don't have to look at it!).
i work when i can,but can't seem to save any money,there is never enough left over.
as for you my friend,i wish you the best of luck. i truly hope things turn around for you.
peace

Taking in the exchange rate, its the EXACT same scenario here.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

No it is the same up here,Asians,Africans & Eastern Europeans.They seem to think the streets of Aberdeen are paved with gold being the oil capital of Europe.I can't seem to find any of this said gold.
My mums friend was actually told off of the record at the housing department that she'd have to wait years but it would be different if she was Asian or Polish.And people wonder why I'm intolerant!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I know what you mean, Just like that flyer in Leeds job center, advertising jobs for ethnic minorities only!!

Its really hard not to hate the player, but hate the game.

I have ill feelings towards many immigrants for this, but my humanity reminds me, its not them making the rules!

Leaves me in a moral catch 22...

I hope one of these years we blow up parliament, and the police don't come knocking on my door over that comment aha.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join