It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Mother, Son Found Dead In Their Burned, Foreclosed Family Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Elderly Mother, Son Found Dead In Their Burned, Foreclosed Family Home

www.huffingtonpost.com

Two people found dead in a home that burned in an upscale Reno neighborhood had heavily fortified the foreclosed house, apparently anticipating the sheriff's deputies who came to evict them, police said Wednesday.
They have not been positively identified but were believed to be Therese Christenson, 83, and her son, Gary "Axel" Christenson, 46, who had lived for decades in the house that was sold at a foreclosure auction in June.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is just the sick reality we live in today ....
the economy is affecting everyone...
many famillies lost everything because they are continuely harrassed by the banks and the feds ... tax tax tax impot import import and all the insurances we have to pay
of course the big corporation with the banks will not allow themself to loose any penny ... so they go take from a normal good, honest, citizen their only things that have little values to them...but big values to a century/decade familly generation house.

life today is unlivable ... its like they are doing this on purpose and hoping that they will commit suicide ... THEY DO NOT CARE....this is a sad story that they died because of that ... but no money will go to the #%?%?$ banks

there is no more egual rights anymore between people today... the rich are the rich and the poor are the poor
THEIR GOD IS GREED ...
they dont have any shame when money is in their minds
they will rip a familly appart without any shame just to have their money ... the banks are the most perfect scam of all .. because they succeed at making ILLEGAL to LEGAL ...

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Police SWAT teams surrounded the area, pointing guns at the house while firefighters poured water on the flames from a distance for about eight hours.

"It had been heavily fortified," Reno police Lt. Robert Nuttall said about the home, which sits in a gated community near a finely manicured golf course designed by famed architect Robert Trent Jones Sr.

you cant tell a familly that they have lost their house
and if you dont remove yourself we will remove you by force ...

i want to know HOW MANY ON ATS would accept to be removed from their house by force because the economy crashed you and you cant pay taxes anymore...

i beleive this is happening in a sick rate today... its going by random i think so they will not be caught up by the MASS PEOPLE
the media of course will rarely report it

if we know what really is going on with this economy and those house being stolen by the banks ... we would have NEVER ACCEPTED THIS
in the past REGIME CHANGE would have been possible
now they really control everything + almost our minds

[edit on 7/23/2010 by Ben81]

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act

[edit on Sat Aug 21 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of that story of the "loner" that rigged his house with explosives out of precaution.

Sad that people are putting their property over their lives....

I would rather be homeless than die in a fire. On the other side I understand it from a human perspective but still I think it was a bad decision.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Reminds me of that story of the "loner" that rigged his house with explosives out of precaution.

Sad that people are putting their property over their lives....

I would rather be homeless than die in a fire. On the other side I understand it from a human perspective but still I think it was a bad decision.

i do not approve suicide... its a sin .. to suicide yourself
i beleive those people didnt want to live watching everything they got flying away with this unjust unfair digusting greed act .. no one will come saving them ... the banks will profit of the house auction money and new people will come habit the house ... they knew that .... they were so depress they didnt accept it ..
many martyr are quoted like this : I WILL DIE BEFORE ALLOWING THEM TO ....

is it some kind of a setllers scam or what .. its almost radical as in whats happening in the ME(i will not name the country because this is not the subject)

in their place its hard to tell what a human mind can do if they are cornered and bad people wants to take your only value

if a theft try to enter your house and you have familly members inside ... you will defend yourself at all cost.. even if you die at the end...

we need to do many spiritual reflections on this ... it was hard for them ... IT WOULD BE HARD FOR US
maybe we can prepare with this story to ask ourself what would we do ...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sincere condolences to any next of kin they left behind.. Truly disgusting that money and material property mean more than human life there..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Sincere condolences to any next of kin they left behind.. Truly disgusting that money and material property mean more than human life there..

Greed is one of the four horsemen of hell

i see GREED ACTS like never before ...
not just in USA its everywhere

NO GOOD MEN/WOMEN WOULD ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN

you have it just there ... its the SYSTEM who allow this to happen

the system is 100% corrupted
i wish kindness would be more strong than greed itselft today
BUT ITS NOT .. if that dont change .. we are really doom

but somebody quoted : it has to worsen to get better
i beleive this to be true

KEEP HOPE

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
if i have readed that correctly im just :O

JULY 2010 in USA

2,070,784 Foreclosure Homes | $178,000 Average Foreclosure Sales Price

realtytrac foreclosure trend center

on CNN today while speaking to a professor/analyst of economics
he said that it would be worse or egual compared to the 1930 big depression
with these foreclosures and the massive 14 trillions in depts the USA have .... this system will soon crash completely

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
faces test..

[edit on 8/21/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The story saddens me.

People often get attached to things in life so much that the thought of that thing being taken away becomes worst than death.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
test edit

[edit on 8/24/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
On Australian tv the other night, following the Federal elections, an independent MP, Bob Katter, brought to people's attention that at the height of the destruction of much of the rural industry, farmers were killing themselves at a rate of one every four days. That's from a population of approx. 21 million

We'd forgotten. We'd forgotten the human cost of corporate-greed. So good on Bob Katter for reminding people

I do not believe suicide is any form of sin, let that be said

Suicide is many things: despair, protest, throwing in the towel, anger, etc.

And I do and can understand why people would choose suicide rather than be thrown out of their home

But the OP is correct when he says the banks simply do not care

And he's raised a very interesting point when he suggests the foreclosures are deliberately random, in order to evade attention

Not everyone has the wherewithall to pick up a cardboard box containing their life and move on. Some do not care to do so. They are too old. Too tired. To wearied by life. Too ill. Too gentle. Too timid. Too inexperienced to dream of tackling the outside world

Death by fire is an appalling way to die. I very much hope the people in the OP had access at least to sleeping pills or similar to blunt the worst of it

These tragedies fill us with despair and anger. But what can we do with it for the better good ? How can we use it ? We can't, really. And it's this impotent rage that accounts for much of the anger people say they're seeing in ATS currently

Of course, when we no longer have any anger left in us -- we're dead anyway, aren't we ? Because the banks, for example, are legally empowered to eject people from properties in debt.

Very sad. We can imagine the discussions held between the elderlyf woman and her son. We can imagine their overwhelming sense of helplessness and hopelessness. Pride would have prevented them from going to their neighbours, just as the thought of being thrown out on the street and forced away from their home and refuge would have been more than they could bear

If there's a God, I hope he's gentle with him in the afterlife. The world he allegedly created certainly wasnt

top topics

join