It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Some would say god transcends duality. He is neither good or evil but rather both at the same time. That is if he even exists. I would say man created satan, so man win's hands down.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And some actually WONDER why God caused the great flood...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I thought the award went to Heath Ledger as "The Joker"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

God created a reality and all things in it. When he finished, he said that it was good. Along the way, an Angel (Servant of God's Kingdom) heard news that God would be making man free within the Kingdom and giving Him a place of honor. Knowing that Satan already had jealousy within his heart, he was placed on the Earth next to mankind. The Lord was also there. Picture this clearly. Satan AND the Lord were there. A choice was made by mankind to select their course and destiny for the education in the Garden. Who did we select as our Lord? Why does Satan rule us rather than the Lord? We selected this for ourselves and we still have the choice. Sin and death are under the power of Satan, keeping us here in this place, locked to sin and death and rebirth. While we wait, the Lord continues to point toward the door and show us that we have the keys.

Your premise is wrong. Does a good Father stop his Son from leaving home in foolishness after a great deal of rebellion? No, he can't be stopped. Will the good Father welcome him back? With open arms. Along the path, away from home, do we have any protection if we separate ourselves from the Father? No. Is the Father to be blamed if we choose to stay in the wilderness with an unloving association that only wants to destroy our Father and His house? If we choose the path of God's enemy, what do we become? If we choose to harm God's children, even if we were once one ourselves, what can we expect from the good Father? All the while, the jealous and fallen realm laughs at how easily we are manipulated.

Eventually, there comes a judgment. None of the judgment will be against the Father Himself. Also, not all of the judgment will be negative. I am sure many of the Sons of Light will be rewarded for staying faithful to the Father's Kingdom. Not all of us are running away. Many are working diligently to return.

edit on 20-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Regards
DL

The bible is full of contradictions. I wouldn't think to much into it. It ought to make you crazy if you took everything literally.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm surprised at the tack you take. A close reading of the OT leads me to ask:

Who planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden?

Who was about to destroy Israel, but Moses begged Him off from doing such an evil (more than once)?

I think the Bible says fairly openly that God made both good and evil. He has the authority to do so, and who will question Him on that? Not me. Satan is kept on a short leash from the left hand of God. I accept this. Any other position tends to put Satan on an equal footing with God.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

The bible is full of contradictions. I wouldn't think to much into it. It ought to make you crazy if you took everything literally.

A basic axiom in most philosophies is that all paradox can be resolved.

If a train engineer and a friend argue over the pitch of the whistle changing, who is right? The engineer argues that the whistle never changes. The friend sitting on his porch each day hears it change as the train passes. They can argue that the other is wrong, yet all they need is the excluded middle. The Doppler Effect fills them in. Watching the video I posted should fill anyone in. Those who are controlling your thoughts already know the story and the excluded middle. They are pretending not to believe in God, all the while, they know the truth. The enemy wants you on the island to keep the flames away. Once you are gone for good, the only thing left is fire and misery. The water is the only thing keeping the fire back.

"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering." (Luke 11:52)

"Each time they come, it always ends the same." The reply: "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Judgment is the end. Before that, progress is what man experiences by the journey. The one that is fighting God and giving us a delusion is the one that will be judged in the end. Of course, many will willingly go with him. Why? They know. Contractually, they are obligated. The sheep have the wool pulled over their eyes and are judged from only ignorance. The ones that pull the wool refuse to be sheered themselves. The ones who sheer sin from their hide will have it returned as a bright white robe.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Who was about to destroy Israel, but Moses begged Him off from doing such an evil (more than once)?

I think the Bible says fairly openly that God made both good and evil. He has the authority to do so, and who will question Him on that? Not me. Satan is kept on a short leash from the left hand of God. I accept this. Any other position tends to put Satan on an equal footing with God.

It's all in the linguistics. When a master owns a slave, he is possessed. Possession is where someone is owned. What other definitions can you use for possessed and possession? God has a Spirit he owns. That spirit is given to a soul. The soul uses what is given as a way to possess intellect and nous. Apart from this, we are an animal with instinct, but no awareness. We are God's possession and he granted us the right to use his spirit (Great I AM). We can gain it as an inheritance, but there is a requirement. Can God be just and also demand that what is his be returned in the manner in which he gave it? He possesses us and all life in the universe. Pride says that we own the spirit that gives us consciousness. No. We own our soul. The spirit is added for our ability to sense the light. It can also be taken away. Have you noticed that Father, Son and Holy Spirit somehow forgot that a family has a female? God stated that man should not blaspheme the Spirit. The female that takes care of us here is our Mother so to speak. The Father is God. She's trying to raise us, not see us fall further. Don't disappoint your mother is what I say.

1 Timothy 2

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c - SHE] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Is 'They' the children or the females? Children would be the correct answer. A spirit finds salvation from the veil if it continues to rise. The mother is the one raising the child. The Father is in Heaven, behind the image that created yours.

1 Corinthians 13

When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Your a child of God until you are no longer a child.

God can't be faulted for giving away his Wife (Spirit) and Son (First Image of Creation) for you. What else can He give? A universe, his own Spirit and His Son. I'd say we might want to start giving and stop judging. He's an awesome God.

I liked your comments very well. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Total kill count according to the bible:

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

Total souls brought back in the resurrection to see Christ return from taking our sin on Himself. 7,000,000,000 . I would say God has both statistics beat.

Total souls that deny truth? Unknown

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

2 million plus souls reborn. Inconvenient. Countless souls denied truth from the lie of evil. Untold. Seven Billion souls returned to life to see evil removed. Priceless.

Acts 24

I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Notice. BOTH wicked and righteous are brought back on that last day (TODAY!).

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

I am good with multiplication.

We can only add good by works. We can also add negative with sin. Only God can multiply our account with forgiveness. He is rich enough to do it for mankind. Imagine the account he has generated by giving Himself as a ransom for us.

Consider this example: In mathematics, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If the lenders then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you," then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = Zero.

Sin multiplied by the negative Christ suffered on the cross and His horrible death paid our debt, walking us back to a positive value. It's a gift we can refuse or embrace in faith. It's always been a choice.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I will explain why I think the people who question God, yet believe in Christianity, are morons, as well as those who worship the devil. In the case of the latter, if you believe the devil is real, why on Earth would you not worship God? Do I even need to elaborate on that one?

And in the case of the former, if you believe both are real, why on Earth would you question God? Is not that just stupid, considering that if you believe in the Christian God, you also believe that God is all knowing? Therefore does not God know what He is doing? I would think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

God - 2 million plus

Satan - 10

You do the math.

Who were the 10?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You are very correct on the short leash. Have you read this from the Dead Sea Scrolls? LINK

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I will explain why I think the people who question God, yet believe in Christianity, are morons, as well as those who worship the devil. In the case of the latter, if you believe the devil is real, why on Earth would you not worship God? Do I even need to elaborate on that one?

And in the case of the former, if you believe both are real, why on Earth would you question God? Is not that just stupid, considering that if you believe in the Christian God, you also believe that God is all knowing? Therefore does not God know what He is doing? I would think so.

Essentially, you seem to be saying that the premise people operate under is incorrect and there may be a clearer way of seeing the truth? Is that accurate? Let me know your impression of this: LINK

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There is an answer to this in the lost books of Eden (Adam and Eve).

Adam and Eve 13:18

God speaking again.

"Had I not been and spoken to thee, O Adam, concerning the tree, and had I left thee without a commandment, and thou hadst sinned--it would have been an offense on My part, for not having given thee any order; thou wouldst turn round and blame Me for it. 19 But I commanded thee, and warned thee, and thou didst fall. So that My creatures cannot blame me; but the blame rests on them alone."

Apart from the fall, man would not be able to reason with logic about degrees of difference like good and evil. Apart from experiencing a climb from chaos back to perfection, no education can take place. We are only automatons in a created reality of perfection through education and experience. What fun or benefit is that for us you ask? Confucius says, "I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand." The love of God comes to us through the pain of living out the story of our education here in the illusion of material reality. God could have just told us these stories. Instead, He puts us directly in the story, as characters in the story, to give us the experience first hand. All life experiences are archetypes of lessons we learn and we get a chance to write part of the story by our unique characters.

Who is our comforter? Eve. God left us with the Spirit that is paired with our soul. We are to love Eve. When a soul and a spirit fall in love, the two unite. Sperm and egg unit. The baby is surrounded by the Amnion and Amniotic fluid. Amnesia is what we are under in the womb. It is the cloud that overshadows us from the light. When we emerge from the womb, we have yet a second veil of Earth and matter. We are to find the last union in love for the Spirit of God. When the Spirit and soul unite, we are born again into the next transition state.

The beginning is the end and it repeats.

Read my thread on Amnion. There are two.

LINK

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
First off there is no such thing as good or evil in the natural world. It's a human concept. The satanist may believe helping someone in need is an evil act because the are selfish. The christian may believe not helping someone in need is evil.
So to answer your question what is the greatest evil and who do you think is to blame for it, you have to decide what the greatest evil is. I think causing harm, murder, and torchering anything innocent is up there. So as history has proven, in what name have these sins been done the most. Remember it's humans doing the act.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think their is only one evil which is keeping something from someone that is beneficial to them. Everything else is perspective. That being said its The God of Abraham hands down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join