It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Wide Open on Good and Evil - Dead Sea Scrolls 'Instructor' Document - AMAZING READ!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What follows is something that is not fully found on the Internet. One of the first documents found among the Dead Sea Scrolls was this account of the origin and meaning of Good and Evil in relation to God's plan for Mankind. The first time I read this, I was amazed at its clarity and lack of hidden symbolism. It is straight to the point and easily understood.

My aim in presenting this text is to allow anyone to verify what is presented by scripture. Also, if any points can be denied, free free to list scripture as your reasoning. Please keep opinions to a minimum and simply approve or deny from a biblical perspective. From my own point of view, I cannot fault what I read if the light of salvation in Christ is assumed by the grace and mercy of God on the Sons of Light. The Bible makes it clear that we are already known by God. My other assumption is that we have been given the opportunity to do two things in this existence. 1) Reveal our true nature as a witness to others. 2) Show a desire to move to the light. Here is the document.

At the time of God's appointed visitation to Earth and Mankind, Christ will be the advocate for all who call on that name. Taking the name requires the character, otherwise, it's taken in vain. This document shows that a changed heart is necessary. The Holy Spirit is given to anyone who demonstrates this love for God and the desire to follow the one law of love for others above self.

SOURCE (p. 120-122)

----------------------------

A Text Belonging to the Instructor

A text belonging to the Instructor, who is to enlighten and teach all the Sons of Light about the character and fate of humankind: all their spiritual varieties with accompanying signs, all their deeds generation by generation, and their visitation for afflictions together with eras of peace.

All that is now and ever shall be originates with the God of knowledge. Before things come to be, He has ordered all their designs, so that when they do come to exist—at their appointed times as ordained by His glorious plan—they fulfill their destiny, a destiny impossible to change. He controls the laws governing all things, and He provides for all their pursuits.

He created humankind to rule over the world, appointing for them two spirits in which to walk until the time ordained for His visitation. There are the spirits of truth and falsehood. Upright character and fate originate with the Habitation of Light; perverse, with the Fountain of Darkness. The authority of the Prince of Light extends to the governance of all righteous people; therefore, they walk in the paths of light. Correspondingly, the authority of the Angel of Darkness embraces the governance of all wicked people, so they walk in the paths of darkness.

The authority of the Angel of Darkness further extends to the corruption of all the righteous. All their sins, iniquities, shameful and rebellious deeds are at his prompting, a situation God in His mysteries allows to continue until His era dawns. Moreover, all the afflictions of the righteous, and every trial in its season, occur because of this Angel’s diabolic rule. All the spirits allied with him share but a single resolve: to cause the Sons of Light to stumble.

Yet the God of Israel (and the Angel of His Truth) assist all the Sons of Light. It is actually He who created the spirits of Light and darkness, making them cornerstone of every deed, their impulses and premise of every action. God’s love for on spirit lasts forever. He will be pleased with its actions for always. The counsel of the other, however, He abhors, hating its every impulse for all time.

Upon Earth their operations are these: one enlightens a man’s mind, marking straight before him the paths of true righteousness and causing his heart to fear the laws of God. This spirit engenders humility, patience, abundant compassion, perpetual goodness, insight, understanding, and powerful wisdom resonating to each of God’s deeds, sustained by His constant faithfulness. It engenders a spirit knowledgeable in every plan of action, zealous for the laws of righteousness, holy in its thoughts, and steadfast in purpose. This spirit encourages plenteous compassion upon all who hold fast to truth, and glorious purity combined with visceral hatred of impurity in its every guise. It results in humble deportment allied with a general discernment, concealing the truth, that is, the mysteries of knowledge. To these ends is the earthly counsel of the spirit to those whose nature yearns for truth.

Through a gracious visitation all who walk in this spirit will know healing, bountiful peace, long life and multiple progeny, followed by eternal blessings and perpetual joy through life everlasting. They will receive a crown of glory with a robe of honor, resplendent forever and ever.

The operations of the spirit of falsehood result in greed, neglect of righteous deeds, wickedness, lying, pride, and haughtiness, cruel deceit and fraud, massive hypocrisy, a want of self-control and abundant foolishness, a zeal for manifestation, a reviling tongue, blind eyes, deaf ears, stiff neck, and hard heart—to the end of walking in all the ways of darkness and evil cunning.

The judgment of all who walk in such ways will be multiple afflictions of God’s furious vengeance, never-ending terror and reproach for all eternity, with a shameful extinction in the fire of Hell’s outer darkness. For all evil, and dark happenstance, until their utter destruction with neither remnant nor rescue.

The struggle for good and evil, and good’s ultimate triumph.

The character and fate of all humankind reside with these spirits. All the hosts of humanity, generation by generation, are heirs to these spiritual divisions, walking according to their ways; the outworking of every deed inheres in these divisions according to each person’s spiritual heritage, whether great or small, for every age of eternity. God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the earth. Sullied by wicked ways while perversity rules, at the time of the appointed judgment truth shall be decreed. By His truth God shall then purify all human deeds, and refine some of humanity so as to extinguish every perverse spirit from the inward parts of the flesh, cleansing from every wicked deed by a holy spirit. Like purifying waters, he shall sprinkle each with a spirit of truth, effectual against all the abominations of lying and sullying by an unclean spirit. Thereby He shall give the upright insight into knowledge of the Most High and wisdom of the angels, making wise those following the perfect way. Indeed, God has chosen them for an eternal covenant; all the glory of Adam shall be theirs alone. Perversity shall be extinct, every fraudulent deed put to shame.

Until now the spirits of truth and perversity have contended within the human heart. All people walk in both wisdom and foolishness. As is a person’s endowment of truth and righteousness, so shall he hate perversity; conversely, in proportion to bequest in the lot of evil, one will act wickedly and abominate truth. God has appointed these spirits as equals until the time of decree and renewal. He foreknows the outworking of their deeds for all the ages of eternity. He has granted them dominion over humanity, so imparting knowledge of good and evil, deciding the fate of every living being by the measure of which spirit predominates in him, until the day of the appointed visitation.

---------------------

Where do I put myself on this list? I would consider myself a sinner, just as Paul considered himself chief among sinners. How do I know I am saved? While I was yet a sinner, Christ died for such as me.

edit on 8-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

S+F thank you for that it was pretty awesome. I agree with most of it, on a spiritual level, although I disagree with the names. I would like a link to the source used please. The best sources are always in the original language so that you can get multiple translations and go forward from there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Holy cow! That was intense and man oh man does that describe the times we find ourselves in now. It's as if the evil, hard of heart individuals have no choice in opposing all that is good and right and true. They serve Soley as the counterpart of good people.

They are as an integral part of the reality as God himself for without them we would know not the true value of charity. And it is for that reason that I must find in my heart the capacity for forgiveness. For if the evil man did not walk his earth and challenge me on a daily basis I would not have a good heart tempered by fire.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't think there is a listing of this in total on the internet. I searched for it but only found parts. The book I took it from is this one. Most major book stores sell this version: L ink

Originally posted by subject1145

S+F thank you for that it was pretty awesome. I agree with most of it, on a spiritual level, although I disagree with the names. I would like a link to the source used please. The best sources are always in the original language so that you can get multiple translations and go forward from there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Holy cow! That was intense and man oh man does that describe the times we find ourselves in now. It's as if the evil, hard of heart individuals have no choice in opposing all that is good and right and true. They serve Soley as the counterpart of good people.

They are as an integral part of the reality as God himself for without them we would know not the true value of charity. And it is for that reason that I must find in my heart the capacity for forgiveness. For if the evil man did not walk his earth and challenge me on a daily basis I would not have a good heart tempered by fire.

Especially this part:

"God has appointed these spirits as equals until the last age, and set an everlasting enmity between their divisions. False deeds are thus an abomination to the truth, whereas all the ways of truth are for perversity equally a disgrace. Fierce dispute attends every point of decision, for they can never agree. "

This part is so true. We see it in every discussion of religion on ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"It is actually He who created the spirits of Light and darkness, making them cornerstone of every deed, their impulses and premise of every action."

Now, I ask... Why did He do it?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't usually comment on posts of a religious nature on ATS, but this is pretty astounding. Comes across in pretty much the same vein as solid Reformed theology, I think. Answer well to the Calvinist BACON...

Bad people
Already elected
Completely atoned for
Overwhelmingly called
Never falling away.

I like smoked meats better'n flowers.

edit on 8-8-2012 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ive read a couple of huge translations in the past, mainly skimmed through because it was hard to read. It seems like I remember Jesus not being referenced, however there was a " righteous teacher" mentioned over and over again.

I wish there was a way to habe an easier read without any references being made..... Like let the reader just read the translations and come up with their own view.

No doubt in my mind Jesus was a free thinker, not even sure I would want to lable him with the essenes. My opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I could not of said it better myself. Thanks for the read!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thank you for presenting the material - I had never run across it before.

I will leave the interpretative discussion and debate amongst others.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
"It is actually He who created the spirits of Light and darkness, making them cornerstone of every deed, their impulses and premise of every action."

Now, I ask... Why did He do it?

He states the reason: "A text belonging to the Instructor, who is to enlighten and teach all the Sons of Light about the character and fate of humankind: all their spiritual varieties with accompanying signs, all their deeds generation by generation, and their visitation for afflictions together with eras of peace."

Free will requires that we choose our destiny and character. For there to be a choice, we must have an equal thing to choose. It's our decision in the end. The light merely reveals what's there.

There is a loop hole. Christ died for our sins. He is the propitiation for our iniquity. He took what we deserved and nailed it on a cross. For this benefit, we must take His name. In the Bible, the name is the character of the one named. Jesus was love for others above self. We take the name when we take the character and confess our own iniquity to God.

Does he need our testimony?

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

They were coming to him, yet he does not entrust Himself to them yet. Why? "You must be born again." It's a process. Baptism is our immersion into reality. The root of the symbol is our chance at a new life so we can rise. The question is, are we rising or casting ourselves further down the harmony of truth into disharmony with error?

The realization of our own failure and sin is our faith that God can give us hope. Grace is unmerited favor. We can NEVER deserve it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Ive read a couple of huge translations in the past, mainly skimmed through because it was hard to read. It seems like I remember Jesus not being referenced, however there was a " righteous teacher" mentioned over and over again.

I wish there was a way to habe an easier read without any references being made..... Like let the reader just read the translations and come up with their own view.

No doubt in my mind Jesus was a free thinker, not even sure I would want to lable him with the essenes. My opinion of course.

This was a text outlining the government of the Sons of Light. Most of it is instruction to those who will be saved by a coming military leader in Israel. It's very detailed on how they should abide in a community of believers until the coming of the Lord in Glory. Jesus was called Teacher many times. In fact, the Bible says others should not be called Teacher because there is only one. Jesus is the Word and I assume that the Logos as the master storyteller is the one that created the destiny that cannot be changed.

"All that is now and ever shall be originates with the God of knowledge. Before things come to be, He has ordered all their designs, so that when they do come to exist—at their appointed times as ordained by His glorious plan—they fulfill their destiny, a destiny impossible to change. He controls the laws governing all things, and He provides for all their pursuits. "

The fact that history is set and we are not is a reminder of how this works. The story we live through is set by destiny. Our own destiny is set by our own free will. We become a Son of the Light if we choose. Some are already there. I have an idea that, "you must be born again" figures into this a great deal.

We are destined to live as a person once, then judgment (Hebrews 9). There is a final judgment so I assume that the soul lives on in another personification of that soul.

Acts 24 alludes to this when Paul says that both the righteous and wicked will be here, raised, on the last day. This is called the resurrection. Revelation 1:7 then says that every eye will see and every knee bow, even those who pierced Christ. The ones that pierced Christ are the wicked generation that lived in the first century. They are here now. 7 billion souls is no mistake. This is approximately all the souls that have ever lived on the earth. That's my view.

In Isaiah 24, we get this:

21 In that day the Lord will punish
the powers in the heavens above
and the kings on the earth below.
22 They will be herded together
like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
they will be shut up in prison
and be punished[a] after many days.
23 The moon will be dismayed,
the sun ashamed;
for the Lord Almighty will reign
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
and before its elders—with great glory.

This chapter in full is a description of the Day of the Lord. The end is a description of the Sons of Light being hidden away while the Earth is purged of the wicked. I cry when I think about it. I would rather than nobody suffers, even for their sin. It's hard to think about, but for the victims of crime and injustice, the thought might be on justice. There are some pretty wicked people walking this earth.

Here is the 2nd description of new life.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

S&F. The text you provided on your OP is coherent with all of the Book of Enoch and teachings of Jesus.

Also confirms one of my conclusion upon seeking the truth that currently, evil spirits are on the same league as the Holy Spirit. They can do every miracles and manifestations of the Holy Spirit, even offer protection from danger/losses of course, under a different leadership, the fallen angels, the polar opposite of God.

Often, the blessings of the false God is worldly opportunities, and promise of happiness with the good things in the world. Jesus and the Book of Enoch would tell exactly the opposite and goes on to tell the good things in this world are built on the misery of others, that's what makes it so bad. God hates them for no reason.

The fact that the devil was able to tempt Jesus and carry Him all over the place, tells you, we are facing an enemy that doesn't cower the first sight of anything about Jesus. The enemy is powerful and incredibly smart to masquerade as the real God and deceive many. The only thing that would limit their power is time. The expiration date called 'The Judgement Day'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

S&F. The text you provided on your OP is coherent with all of the Book of Enoch and teachings of Jesus.

Also confirms one of my conclusion upon seeking the truth that currently, evil spirits are on the same league as the Holy Spirit. They can do every miracles and manifestations of the Holy Spirit, even offer protection from danger/losses of course, under a different leadership, the fallen angels, the polar opposite of God.

Often, the blessings of the false God is worldly opportunities, and promise of happiness with the good things in the world. Jesus and the Book of Enoch would tell exactly the opposite and goes on to tell the good things in this world are built on the misery of others, that's what makes it so bad. God hates them for no reason.

The fact that the devil was able to tempt Jesus and carry Him all over the place, tells you, we are facing an enemy that doesn't cower the first sight of anything about Jesus. The enemy is powerful and incredibly smart to masquerade as the real God and deceive many. The only thing that would limit their power is time. The expiration date called 'The Judgement Day'.

Great points. I've not found the incredibly smart part to be true, although I do see what you mean. They are crafty and this makes it dangerous for the sheep who simply trust out of the goodness in their heart. If you observe Obama, he continually becomes his worst enemy. He is the oppositions best hope for success. This is the fate for those who think they can hide their sin and that people do not care. We care deeply when someone lies about our children going to wars that Daddy Warbucks started in the first place. These things matter and Liberty, Truth, Justice and Freedom will always trump tyranny at every turn. Equally true for us on the other side who realize that our own sin will be openly known. We are all sinners, equally charged as guilty. The gift is knowing that God will love us, even in our sin and shame. Of course, we must acknowledge that sin. As for me, I am guilty as charged, yet my advocate paid my debt. The hope comes from knowing that we are loved this much and our own changed hearts reveal the truth that with God, anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I read your post out-loud to my wife because it meant a lot to me, and it gave her chill-bumps. It obviously meant a lot to her as well; thanks.

off-topic:

I happened to like your "Life is an inside job" statement, and the "Faith>fear" mood (I lower-cased the 'fear' for that reason BTW)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This is the first time I've seen this as well, and it stirred some things in me. I'll try to keep up with the thread to see what it stirs up in others... thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Any links for the source language by chance?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Who is more a Son of Light: the child molesting Catholic priests or the Atheists who get out there and try to make the world a better place?

Who is more a Son of Darkness: a Pagan who tries to fill the lives of others with love or the people from Westboro Baptist?

What if perversity is not what you think and wickedness is not what you dream?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This portion of the text is huge in its revelation:

He has granted them dominion over humanity, so imparting knowledge of good and evil, deciding the fate of every living being by the measure of which spirit predominates in him, until the day of the appointed visitation.

This relates directly to the eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge and the expulsion from Eden in Genesis.

Adam and Eve, then, possessed an actual sanctuary from exposure to evil within the garden. Once they sought to know both good and evil, they were expelled from this sanctuary and into the wider world where they and all of their offspring would have to choose their alliances.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Who is more a Son of Light: the child molesting Catholic priests or the Atheists who get out there and try to make the world a better place?

Who is more a Son of Darkness: a Pagan who tries to fill the lives of others with love or the people from Westboro Baptist?

What if perversity is not what you think and wickedness is not what you dream?

You are constructing your own premise apart from other context and comparisons. The Priest is what Jesus condemned as the High Priest. He also condemned Peter by saying, "Get behind me Satan." Peter denies Christ three times. Jesus says this to Peter:

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Petros is a small stone that is moved. It's the same stone that was rolled away to reveal Christ. Who is the Church built on, ROME? No. It's built on the foundation stone (PETRA). That's Christ. Jesus also condemned the Builders for rejecting the chief cornerstone. The Builders and the Masons. The NWO is built on the movable foundation of the Mystery School Religion and Babylon. Jesus also condemned the moneychangers and turned over their tables. A table is a financial balance sheet. Are the tables turned today? That system of Babylon will be destroyed soon. Peter and the church of Rome have always been the harlot. I can discount your premise immediately on this shaky foundation. This is not to say that there are not many good Christian Catholics. There are.

The second premise is that a Pagan can fill anyone with truth. The Mystery School Religion is based on taking rather than giving. It's built on the will to take rather than the will to receive from God or the will to give to others. Duplicity is seeking God for reward. What is really desired? Duplicity is seeking God to avoid judgment. What is truly desired? Paganism is built around the selfishness of the inner desires for power and wealth. This can only take from others. True Christian faith is built on good for its own sake. The will to receive from God is then paid forward by the will to give to others above self. You can only find this narrow path in one place.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join