It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Pakistani girl may face death penalty for allegedly burning Koran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I don't believe any of this. Islam is the religion of peace and all this is lies.

Yeah? Then explain why the koran calls for the death of all nonmuslims?
Religion of peace...DEFINATELY NOT

That is actually false, they call for self defense and death of the enemy in wartime and combat situations, not plain old killing.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

It's a backwards country that would execute a mentally disabled girl

Girl should get the Medal of Honor.
edit on 20-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I am the parent of a child with Down Syndrome, and believe me the are not always happy and loving...epic battles with her.

Anyhow, if this is true, and she is sentenced, I think that any hardliner muslim better hope to not cross my vengeful, grudge holdin azz. I will not be gentle,

And to add, as i have now read more posts now, Damn all the religious B.S. Do away with it once and for all, nothing but a tool to control or a crutch for the week minded and intolerant.
edit on 20-8-2012 by magilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

right with you there on that one homer
good on ya bloke

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I don't believe any of this. Islam is the religion of peace and all this is lies.

Anyway, Marvin Wilson has stopped replying to my PrisonPal letters. I hope nothings happened to him whilst he's in that Texas prison.

Of course you do not believe it. Islam IS a religion of peace...BUT they fail to mention that it is PEACE for all Muslims after establishing a global caliphate. SO technically its not a Lie but its one of Omission.

PRO-TIP: Once you've finished watching your V for Vendetta DVD for the 30th time, google "sarcasm".

Here's a tip. Learn to troll harder Oh wait...Nevermind I'll just ignore you from now on how about that? You didnt argue the point though and did the typical move of trying to Irritate someone with a differing opinion. My point still stands above. But since you cant have a conversation without insulting someone you get no more from me.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Yeah? Then explain why the koran calls for the death of all nonmuslims?
Religion of peace...DEFINATELY NOT

That is actually false, they call for self defense and death of the enemy in wartime and combat situations, not plain old killing.

Does anyone actually take this SERIOUSLY?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Mutual respect is the only way forward, otherwise all you get is a spiral of violence.

I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals. I think they should be supported, not alienated. There has to be a constructive way forward.

For the most part this is true; but at the same time, why should people show mutual respect towards a religious institution that enshrines intolerance, bigotry, and outright savagery? I respect those who don't: oppressively impose their beliefs, infringe on the liberties of others, brainwash children using violence & mortal/spiritual threats. This world is already brimming over with conflict; the last thing we need is a tyrannical cult executing children for damaging a book that was written by a senile pedophile over six centuries ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the religion of peace... Everyday there is a headline that should wake people up.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the religion of peace... Everyday there is a headline that should wake people up.

and funny thing is that some would say these people are misinterpreting Islam....and yes, there are thousands upon thousands of examples where Muslims are "misinterpreting" - seems to me that there are awful lot of Muslims that are misinformed about their religion.
edit on 20-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Serious question: If a Pakistani Muslim is freezing to death...and all they have is a match and a copy of the Koran...would they be allowed to burn it to stay alive?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Serious question: If a Pakistani Muslim is freezing to death...and all they have is a match and a copy of the Koran...would they be allowed to burn it to stay alive?

Girl held in Pakistan, accused of burning Quran pages

The legislation makes it a crime punishable by death to insult Islam, the Quran or the Prophet Mohammed.

www.ketknbc.com...

So better get used to the cold....."but" at least this guy gets it:

Imran Khan tweeted: "Shameful! Sending an 11yr old girl to prison is against the very spirit of Islam which is all about being Just and Compassionate.

edit on 20-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I believe that extremism is the last bastion of the old gaurd holding onto their moral power in the middle east. It is possibly only a matter of time before women will rise up and throw off the weight of suppression holding them down. It is only in really backward places on the earth that extreme religious intolernace exists. In a couple of decades, technology will allow all people to see the different ways of life that are possible for people to live and extreme religios anger will subside. I believe it is when and not if, this happens. It is very sad what is happening to this girl, but the people doing it to her would be fairly backward, with a superstitious middle-ages feudal mentality. It will take a little while linger for these people to grow up, but when everyone does the world will be a better place for it

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Funny thing....you just reminded me how much I despise wannabes.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The govt. is quite hardlined, more 'liberal' people are standing up for election now in Pakistan.

Like Imran Khan who tweeted: "Shameful! Sending an 11yr old girl to prison is against the very spirit of Islam which is all about being Just and Compassionate".

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The US executes juveniles all the time

1944;

Current day;

All of the 22 executed individuals were males. Twenty-one of them were age 17 when the crime occurred; one, Sean Sellers (executed on February 4, 1999, in Oklahoma), was 16 years old when he murdered his mother, stepfather, and a store clerk.

en.wikipedia.org...

and the mentally retarded

[

We also sentence juveniles to life in prison

Lionel Tate, the 14-year-old boy who said he was imitating professional wrestlers when he killed his 6-year-old playmate, was sentenced today to life in prison without parole.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 20-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
If anything happens to this girl then we should all burn a copy of the Koran in protest

Yeah that will help.....

Sigh if (and it is IF) this is true, it is a travesty. However pouring parifin on the fire (by advocating buring a book) is a somewhat fascist idea. Only fools burn books.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
whether she did or didn't death penalty is ridiculous, and obviously trumped up charges because they are christians, anyone person, culture, country, or government that would allow such a thing is disgusting, was it some sacred 5000 year old hand written family heirloom etched in gold or was it probably mass produced piece of crap like all the other piece of crap religious books, if ones religion is so strong, it should be just as strong with out a book, if you have to have some physical attachment for your religion to exist or have meaning, its a crap religion
if they are truly calling for a death because they are offended? then looks like they need some anger management classes and a course in understanding, because obviously that neighborhood has more serious mental problems than this child

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

There are people who would get upset at the burning of Harry Potter books. Look up the vitrol on book banning.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
First of, it was apparently "Alledge" which means said without proof. In islam , if you punish someone without proof is a henious crime and its against islamic law. This incident doesn't make sense at all. Let me clarify something here about law.

Let us examine two Hadith.

O Son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me ascribing no partners to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.

2) Prophet (SW) has said:

A certain person had committed 99 murders. He went to a scholar and asked, is there any chance of my being forgiven? The scholar said no, you have committed too many crimes. The man killed the scholar too, but his heart was restless, so he went to another scholar and asked the same question. He was told yes, but you must leave this town of bad people and go live in the next town in the company of good people.

So the man set out to the town he was told to go to. On the way he died. A man passing by saw two angels arguing over his dead body. The Angel from Hell said, 'His body belongs to me as he had not done any good in his life.' The Angel from Heaven said, 'His body belongs to me as he had repented and was set out to be with good people.' The man who was the passer-by said, 'Let us measure the distance of his body from the town he left and the town he was going to.'

This was done. He was found to be nearer to the town he was going to. In another version, the earth was ordered by Allah to shrink and make the distance smaller, so that he was admitted to Heaven.

How does Allah forgive us?

When we commit a sin, four witnesses are established against us.

a) The place we did the crime (i.e., scene of the murder).

"On that day, the earth will reveal all its secrets." (99:4)

b) The organ we used to commit the crime. "When their ears, their eyes, their skin will testify against them." (41:21)

"That day we seal up mouths, and hands speak out and feet bear witness to all that they did." (36:65)

c) The Angels who record the deeds (Kiraman Katebeen).

"The honored writers know what you do." (82:11)

d) "We record that which they send before them, and their footprints, and all things we have kept in a clear register." (36:12)

Now, with four such strong witnesses, how can we present ourselves to Allah? So He (the Al-Wakeel--the Defender), like a smart lawyer, removes all the witnesses against those whose repentance has been accepted, so that we present ourselves with a clean record. Case dissolved due to lack of witnesses. Hadith is like this. "When Allah accepts repentance and forgives His servant, then recording angels erase their records, organs lose their memories, and earth removes its stains of evidence so that when that person appears before Allah, there is no one to be a witness against him.

How to ask for forgiveness when Adam and Eve realized they had done wrong but did not know how to ask for forgiveness:

Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of forgiveness, and his Lord turned toward him, for He is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful. (2:37)

What were those words taught to Adam?

They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged our souls and if you forgive us not, and bestow not upon us your mercy, we shall be losers. (7:23)

How did the Prophet Muhammad (AS) teach Aisha (RA) to ask for forgiveness in Ramadan?

O my Lord, forgive me, because you love to forgive, thus forgive me, O you Merciful!

Remember, asking for forgiveness is not just for our sins, but also for our needs as well.

And I have said! Seek forgiveness from your Lord. Lo! He is oft-forgiving (if you ask for forgiveness). He will give you plenty of rain, He will give you wealth and sons, and assign you Heaven and Rivers in the Heaven. (Surah Nuh:10-12)

Thus after repenting and asking for forgiveness, we must mend our ways and not go back to Kufr and fall prey to the tactics of Satan (Iblis) again. While we expect Allah to be kind and merciful and forgive our major and minor sins, we are unforgiving towards our fellow human beings!

So, how is it possible to punish someone where there was no witness to proof the case? Funny news.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Zionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This makes it even worse, you mean to tell me there was an angry mob that was going to kill an eleven year old?

Yeah, because there all deranged in the head. Since when is a book worth more than a life. Just like over there if a 11 year old gets raped she gets punished for being a victim. Now has anyone ever heard of a 11 year old overpowering a grown adult, i havent.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join