It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants in Disguise Fool Iraqi Police and Brutally Murder them with silencers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

WARNING....Don't watch if you can't handle it...

"Iraqi security forces believe that those attackers drove all the way down from desert areas close to Bayji, about 200 km (124 miles) north of Haditha," Salman said.

When they arrived at the first police checkpoint on the northern outskirts of town, they ordered all local police officers to turn off their cell phones, Salman said.

"The attackers told local police at that checkpoint that they have arrest warrants issued from Baghdad against two senior police officers in Haditha," he said. "All seven local police at that checkpoint were convinced after the attackers showed them forged arrest warrants, and they agreed to switch off their phones -- and later, all were killed in cold blood."

The gunmen then headed to the Haditha police station, where they convinced officers they were an official force sent by the federal government to carry out the arrests, Salman said.

Later, the attackers went to the home of the commander of Haditha's SWAT force, Captain Khalid Daham, and killed him, Salman said.

The former commander of emergency police in Haditha, Mohammed Hassan, was also killed inside his house along with two of his bodyguards.

articles.cnn.com...:MIDDLEEAST

Title edited to accurately reflect story...
edit on Sat Aug 18th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Seriously, what the h### is going on? I thought it may have been mercs or those Blackwater goons, but this is completely different. Are they government officials or posing as such?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I have no idea, but it looked like police with all the red/blue lights on the cars...whoever they are they clearly have the gear and military weaponry.

I am sorry, but there is just no excuse for that...that is war crime, plain and simple. There was no resistance at all, and they....just MURDERED those people in cold blood.

:shk: Is THIS the training we are giving over there? Cause really, I have to ask the question.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The link on the targeted page tells what it is quite clearly.

Gunmen pretending to be an official security force opened fire on police at numerous checkpoints in Haditha, Iraq, early Monday, killing 27, authorities said.

Three of the attackers were killed in shootouts with officers, according to Khalid Salman, head of the Haditha local council

In addition to the 27 killed, three officers were wounded, Salman said.

At least 14 black SUVs with more than 30 gunmen disguised in SWAT-style uniforms entered the town at about 2 a.m., Salman said. The gunmen were carrying forged arrest warrants for senior police officers.

CNN Source

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
OMG that is horrendous, who are these killers and who are the victims? The middle east is becoming like the old wild west.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would withhold judgment on this until there is more information. Maybe the police have been abusing their positions? Maybe the police are doing a great job, and these criminals want them out of the picture? Either way we will probably never know any truth except what the MSM prints.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What a friggin mad mad world!

If there was ever a time I'd call for Blackwater it would be now to eliminate these animals. Those silencers must have been new models, because I have never heard one's that just 'click.' How come there was no pleading or screaming? Did the victims get told to be quiet, thinking their lives may be spared?
Well maybe they can trace the plates back, or were they covered/missing? So who do you guys think are behind this atrocity? Mujahedeen?
edit on 18-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What the hell did I just watch?? Horrible...

Who the hell would make a video like this anyways??

I wonder if we can get someone to read the arabic writing in the video...
edit on 18-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hmm, ok, I was still reeling from watching the video, my head too clouded to think straight enough to visit the link.

So where did these people get that gear? Iran? Al-queda? Silencers?

Man, that was rough.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
LiveLeak site is down.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
LiveLeak site is down.

wow... that video was taken down that fast... crazy, just watched it 5 minutes ago..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Pretty sure those were .22s. Theyre pretty quiet suppressed. Looked like they were having issues with the slide too. Impressive tactic. Go in as police, quietly kill people so others nearby think nothings wrong. Brutal video. Im suprised they could do this with so many people and trucks. I wonder where the cash came from.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
..whoops, werent meant to let that little vid leak...

that was pretty intense, all those lives, history and pasts.... all wiped out in a split second flash.
How can the guy doing the executing sleep? this mans family was probably inside that house with him.. you just cut that line.. ugh that was yuck..

No doubt its been financed through means of the US occupation.. they have intel, comms and immunity.. and by the looks of their efficiency they have experience.

We should know, we trained them..

www.thenation.com...#

"All these guys want to do is go out and kill bad guys all day," he says, laughing. "These guys are # hot. They are just as good as we are. We trained 'em. They are just like us. They use the same weapons. They walk like Americans."

Im interested to know if we used them between 2005 and 2009 to sustain our power?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by XeroOne
LiveLeak site is down.

wow... that video was taken down that fast... crazy, just watched it 5 minutes ago..

The whole site is down, maybe a cyber-attack?
Not to sure, never seen LL down within my 2 years of going there.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
wow liveleak is down..

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

just did a test..
its down

edit on 18-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wish I could un-watch that. Sick bastards, cowardly too.

Yeah, they snuck that gear in from another country, or it was stolen from us.

Tac lights, laser sights, suppressors, trucks decked out in modern law enforcement emergency lights.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Cell phones? They got duped with paper orders and had nothing but cell phones they obediently turned off when ordered??

The rest all came from the failure of the first...and it's not that hard to see. After the first checkpoint died of terminal stupidity...then next would have been good assuming the first one HAD been doing their job and so, more relaxed than they should have been.

You know, in some backwater Africa or Asia bush war among local sides, this wouldn't surprise me much. However, this isn't some backwater. This is a place we..the US..our children's children on the DEBT....paid 10's of billions of dollars to train, equip and prepare the security forces in. 10's of BILLIONS to equip security in a nation of 31 million people.....and they are fooled and killed by forged pieces of paper and had only cell phones to rely on.

No one need ever ask me why I am against war...as it's pursued and fought in the modern times. What the heck was it all even for? Iraq better start equipping their people like they mean to keep their little country. There is still a war there and we aren't the problem ...or their solution...anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So, how many militias can afford a convoy of 14 SUVs? What kind of weaponry were they using - AK 47s or Gucci stuff?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I watched the video literally 5 minutes before I came to ATS to look for the thread.

The only thing running through my mind watching that is if I knew it was happening, i'd be stalking them from a kilometre and a half back in wait...

I have a few theories.. part of me feels like they are connected through some foreign network, presumably Saudi intelligence to engage the chaos. I say Saudi because of the Sectarian interest they have in the region.

If not then they are just a local militia that got their hands on spoiled government inventory..

Leaning towards a foreign fund though since an operation like that would require planning and technical abilities beyond a ragtag group of 20 somethings.. a level of competence was measured...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
2nd page of CNN article makes sense. Apparently sending in cops to arrest other cops without notifying anyone happens. It wouldnt be all that odd for a swarm of trucks to rollmup and take someone. They need to sort that s out right quick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join