It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Arrow Businessman Says President Obama Can Kiss His...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They made a marker of when Barack and Michelle first kissed.

I wonder if the'll put a marker where Obama was asked to kiss someones ###?

edit on 16-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

They made a marker of when Barack and Michelle first kissed.

I wonder if the'll put a marker where Obama was asked to kiss someones ###?

edit on 16-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

There would be a lot of those markers.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
...nor did the Government build any roads...in the case that everyone missed that fact. The Government operates as a contractor or project manager to build the infrastructure, PRIVATE industry builds all that, with our money. States and Cities can (and often do) bid out such jobs without any involvement from the Federal Government (if you ignore the fees (tribute) required by such oversight bodies such as the EPA). Private business built this country; get over it.

The infrastructure is in place in the "support of commerce" as laid out in the old, tattered, barely read and often completely ignored document called the Constitution.

[Flame retardant suit on] Commence...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
He was talking about roads and bridges. What the hell is everyone talking about.

Was he Really,,,, I don't think Obama or Biden every know What Their Talking About.
Much like Obamas 57 states comment.

The state of California Contracted out a bridge and road project and do you know who they contracted out too and why?
Contracts to Build US Roads and Bridges Go to Chinese Firms.

www.youtube.com...

How many American Jobs did these contract but to work?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

Well, you just about caught the idea I was coming back to make. I'll say I agree then and add to it with one thing.

In this part of the country, Main Street can be many things. It can be the city connector for State and Federal highways, for instance, making some on this thread at least partially correct.

However, in this case, Main St isn't connected to a State or Federal highway, it's a city street for Broken Arrow. That tells me that his city taxes definitely did go most directly in paying for this street to be built and kept up. Rebuilding has surely happened at least a couple times for sewer and more. In fact, I'll bet he's been reminded..quite recently...of who IS paying for that specific street he's on.

It seems he was blocked in by just such work in the not too distant past. Whenever the Google car was last down his street, anyway.

The point is, Obama didn't do a thing. Perhaps this Business Owner didn't build it all by himself, but Obama had 0 to do with it..so why am I hearing about it from him anyway? Doesn't he have something solid to say about what he HAS or WILL do in a direct way?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetsGoViking
...nor did the Government build any roads...in the case that everyone missed that fact. The Government operates as a contractor or project manager to build the infrastructure, PRIVATE industry builds all that, with our money. States and Cities can (and often do) bid out such jobs without any involvement from the Federal Government (if you ignore the fees (tribute) required by such oversight bodies such as the EPA). Private business built this country; get over it.

That seems a bit contradictory... private business wouldn't have so much as cleared the first tree if the tax appropriations weren't there to pay them to. So the sword cuts both ways. Without the taxes, there'd be no roads. So while private businesses did and do build the country - our taxes also contribute and fund the process.

Originally posted by LetsGoViking

The infrastructure is in place in the "support of commerce" as laid out in the old, tattered, barely read and often completely ignored document called the Constitution.

[Flame retardant suit on] Commence...

Article 1 - Section 8 of the Constitution covers a lot of ground - but never specifies that roads be exclusive or preferred domain of commerce. In fact in the same sentence as roads are mentioned, so is the Post Office. It does not state that roads exist for the "support of commerce"

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Originally posted by LetsGoViking ...nor did the Government build any roads...in the case that everyone missed that fact. The Government operates as a contractor or project manager to build the infrastructure, PRIVATE industry builds all that, with our money.

Not all all contradictory, I did say that the Fed acts as the contractor or project manager with our money (taxes). As far as your statement that the first tree wouldn't have felled with the appropriations in place, not true at all. Most, if not all, of the early rail system was build and funded by private concerns because the ROI was there. They didn't need the Government; nor was the West opened by in place appropriations (unless you are going to counter with the Louisiana Purchase; the LP was to avoid future conflict with an Imperial Power (Russia) since the population was moving west and would have occupied it anyway. If you have doubts about this, ask Mexico who lost Texas due to expansion).

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetsGoViking ...nor did the Government build any roads...in the case that everyone missed that fact. The Government operates as a contractor or project manager to build the infrastructure, PRIVATE industry builds all that, with our money.

Not all all contradictory, I did say that the Fed acts as the contractor or project manager with our money (taxes). As far as your statement that the first tree wouldn't have been felled without the appropriations in place, not true at all. Most, if not all, of the early rail system was build and funded by private concerns because the ROI was there. They didn't need the Government; nor was the West opened by in place appropriations (unless you are going to counter with the Louisiana Purchase; the LP was to avoid future conflict with an Imperial Power (Russia) since the population was moving west and would have occupied it anyway. If you have doubts about this, ask Mexico who lost Texas due to expansion).
edit on 17-8-2012 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Beginning in the early 1870s, railroad construction in the United States increased dramatically. Prior to 1871, approximately 45,000 miles of track had been laid. Between 1871 and 1900, another 170,000 miles were added to the nation's growing railroad system. Much of the growth can be attributed to the building of the transcontinental railroads. In 1862, Congress passed the Pacific Railway Act, which authorized the construction of a transcontinental railroad. The first such railroad was completed on May 10, 1869. By 1900, four additional transcontinental railroads connected the eastern states with the Pacific Coast.

Four of the five transcontinental railroads were built with assistance from the federal government through land grants. Receiving millions of acres of public lands from Congress, the railroads were assured land on which to lay the tracks and land to sell, the proceeds of which helped companies finance the construction of their railroads. Not all railroads were built with government assistance, however. Smaller railroads had to purchase land on which to lay their tracks from private owners, some of whom objected to the railroads and refused to grant rights of way.

Source

Seems to me like things were a joint effort between tax dollars and private business.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What part of the Federal Highway Trust Fund confuses you? Reread my previous post.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It's so dumb when people blame obama for stuff as if it's his fault. It's not. But since it's about him I'd rather not risk explaining myself.
edit on 17-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Heff, I stand corrected! It is a poor man who fails to learn from a good discussion.

I do think it's rather a chicken and egg argument but I still stand by opinion that the land grants were in support of commerce, thence higher tax revenues from a wealthier nation. But I freely admit that I learned something new.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The downside to it all is that many of those land grants had nefarious intentions regarding relocating and dispossessing land already ceded, by treaty, to Native American tribes.

That fact isn't directly on topic, but it is a sad fact and worth studying.

For the record - we're all here to learn I think. I get schooled on something just about daily! It's why I love ATS!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

not to derail the thread, but I agree completely with you on this point. I work as a PM in a liaison office that sits between several InterTribal Organisations, their respective State Governments and the Federal Government. Knowing the history of what happened to each of the Tribes, and how so many of them are now utterly dependent on the Fed makes me ill if I think about it too long. It certainly doesn't help my confidence in the Fed...(flashback to previous career:: "Hi, I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help. Can I see your logbooks?"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Most amazing thread ever , once again another anti Obama thread on ATS which leads to an ATS political agenda from someone somehow.......registered not long ago but have been lurking noticing every time on the "new topics and ATS live is full of Obama is evil, Obama did this, Obama is a murder, Obama is anti anti anti."

This is the president and we have the free rights to discuss our president but it's extreme hate and you definitely see 10 million more anti Obama threads than Romney or any other candidate...

Manners and decorum in the Aliens's and UFO forum yet Obama is the main target for discrimination, racist discrimination (yes ATS even supports members with an Obama avatar as a white man yet you can't use profanity on the forum, can you say ats supports racism?) Okay I don't mean all the owners on ATS but really am I the only one noticing?

I did not not vote Obama and I didn't get the chance to vote Ron Paul! because I missed the states elector college voting..........Obama is still President and the behavior is rediculous attacking Obama and I didn't even vote Obama, wtf?

Manners and decorum......Jeez sorry but everywhere I go Obama is attacked even more than Bush during the Iraq war! The economy has really made you people MAD.

I'm just shocked ATS supports this and I can't use use cuss words/profanity on the bored, huh? Awesome I guess Romney will save us all...(according to all the Obama haters)
edit on 17-8-2012 by corporateslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I hate quoting Hillary - and so I'll claim this particular phrase as my own and not hers... but it does take a village.

Nah, no worries, Heff......she didn't invent that phrase. Its source/origin is still debated, but several indigenous cultures have used it as a proverb for a long, long time.

She also said, "We came, we saw, he's dead." Nice. She scares me. Monster in pantyhose and heels -- the worst kind of human being. And I used to be a Clinton fan. When she made that statement and wrote her book, I believed in her; now I see her as a warmonger and tool.

Good for Broken Arrow's owner. I approve his message, too. "Write-in candidate"? Anyone?

edit on 17-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by burdman30ott6

That tripe being perpetuated by OBama and his supporters seem to leave out the fact that the majority of roads, and bridges in this country were built long before there ever was a US of A government and before States ever became states.

Meh.

Wrong!! The main highway systems that business's use was built by the federal government. There were no major highway systems before there was a America. Unless you consider a dirt road a major highway.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I insist why not let the talk,but also at the same time they should present proff of their postulates,not only put up a show, of ignorance and despise against the people,because is we the people who make a business succeed,or fail,we had the experience before with CEOs that become presidents (bush) AND only show favoritism for the private sector,in texas theres some of his legacy where the majority of the gubernamental body dot pay taxes for the big business they own.......BUT THE SMALL BUSINESS are in the watch ,by preying eyes...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What built my small buisness was my reputation for quaility, honesty, fair prices and making every customer happy. I don't get complaints, only compliments. Customers will wait for months for me to work for them. Customers or anyone else did not build my buisness, I did. And we all know what Obama meant. Fact is he is the one who has everything handed to him. He knows nothing of work. Just my worthless opinion

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's right people! If the United States government didn't exist there would be no roads or bridges on American soil! LMAO!!! And everyone would be completely helpless. We'd all be naked living in huts with no electricity either!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join