Because I have not done this so far... I would like to make some suggestions regarding this very topic of this thread. Well, here we go.
Many people can't stand the thought of giving something for "nothing". So they reject the idea of a basic income for everyone because they tend to
think that they then have to work for people who do not want to do anything at all and still get the money. Although I believe this way of thinking is
not altruistic but purely egoistic I want to give you some suggestions.
The following list of ideas could help to fix our society (open for debate):
- Companies shall not have any corporate body. This world is about real people and not virtual ones! Corporate body are only applied to abuse the
- Companies shall not make any "profit". Because this profit does NOT benefit us all but only a few people. The "profit" (money left after paying all
operational costs) of a company shall be returned to the society as a whole. Always without any exception. Streets, schools and hospitals shall be
build from it or new companies shall be founded with this money.
- Companies shall NOT be owned by individual persons or individual groups of persons. Companies shall belong to us all. They are there to create stuff
that helps the society as a whole. So we all shall own them.
- There shall be NO debt at all. When something needs to be done and there is no money for it - it will not be possible. I am very convinced that when
all the "profit" of companies is used to pay our common needs there will virtually NEVER be a situation where more money is needed than exists!
- All wages shall be paid using a unified / equalized payment system which also takes into account the usefulness (for the society) of the work being
done! So worker A who does job C somewhere will always get the same amount of money than worker B who also does job C somewhere else in the world.
Also the prices for goods need to be the same everywhere (the price of course depends on the abundance of the affected good). With this system a
constant growth or rising of prices is NOT necessary at all.
- No patents are needed anymore as there are no owners of companies who need to be protected. All inventions of the whole world can now be exchanged
freely and a successful invention will always build the foundation for new inventions. The pace at which we are able to develop new things would
- Machines shall be build and replace workers everywhere where this is possible and reasonable. The more the better!
- Everyone is being paid a basic "life" income that is enough to have a single + simple appartment, normal food, enough energy for daily use, water
etc. This basic income shall be enough to "survive" on an acceptable and reasonable healthy level but not enough for any luxury like always getting
the newest TV or a big car etc. No one HAS to work at all for receiving this very basic life support and if one thinks it's enough - he / she will not
be forced to work ever.
- MOST people will not be satisfied with this very basic income as they always long for more than just basic living stuff. So they WILL work -
guaranteed - to get some extra bonus for what they do!! When they work they will receive a reasonable bonus income on top of the basic income which is
payed in accordance to the success of their work. If something does not sell or work well the work will also not be rewarded as much as when the
product is selling / working very well. However all wages must be limited to reasonable levels which all people need to agree on (maximum income
possible for any given job no matter how successful it might be).
- Medical care shall ALWAYS be free for everyone at the highest possible level!
This is a "patch" solution in order to try fixing our current system. There is potential for an even more radical system which is growing in my mind.
Maybe I will start a new thread some time soon to present you my ideas in detail.
The important part here is this: we know that the current system is flawed and disfunctional. Let's look at the main reasons why it fails and try to
fix them. This is what any good system engineer would do when he / she finds "bugs" in a system. Let's do it!
edit on 16-8-2012 by mrMasterJoe
because: (no reason given)