It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I already have. It's a group of people postulating and presenting hypotheses. Some leave silly comments, but all in all, it's an interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was having fun w/ your pic and I found a rock in the shape of a fish...

Before anyone says it....I know it's a rock
I know about matrix...
I do not feel this is a conspiracy to hide a fish....

I just thought it was cool!! lol

There's a half of an aliens face to the right of the fish too

Great job....it will be cool to figure out what's up w/ the deletion of your pic
edit on 15-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The jet-pack exploded about 2000 feet away, so the parts would have landed this close to the Rover?

Edit:
Well why not.
edit on 15-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

That "fish" was one of the things I reacted to, when combing Impaired´s picture.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OP stay away from landlines,cell phones, cameras, and be on the look out for black vans!
It is a bit weird they decided your awesome gigapic wasnt worth the timr nor day of coverage..and the face that torrents were taken down is even weirder??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Can't believe you missed the frogs head sticking out in front of the fish

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Leave it to NASA...

Something is always "FISHY".

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just fyi

the mars curiosity rover is in Gale crater, and the "river" like dark stain

can be seen in its entirety here

from their orbiting view.

the rover is the little green dot.
edit on 8/15/2012 by drphilxr because: added

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Pity Nasa removed the high res subframes - they sure love creating a buzz and feeding conspiracy theories when they upload and then replace with lower quality thumbs. Good catch OP and the gigapan is awesome. I wouldn't get too paranoid, most of the instances you report are probably related to bots removing content either too large or links spammed across the mulitple boards. You may have grabbed something in your high res downloads that Nasa don't want people to see but I highly doubt it. I'm sure the thread will continue to pick out unusual rock formations and ground colouration but for the time being admire the beauty of being able to stitch such high resolution images from another planet

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I too was messing about/taking a look at the Mars picture and found a rock that looks like a tiny face.

I did label it for all to see.

gigapan.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is it possible with Mars thin atmosphere to have flowing water? The picture that OP put on gigapan is incredible and it really looks like a river or atleast an old river bed in the distance in front of the mountain.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsyMike91
reply to post by impaired

Your IP got flagged dude. "Yahoo!" just doesn't want anything to do with it. Believe me, it happened to a close friend and his got flagged for almost a year.

He went out and bought a laptop and only used it when he was not at home, and used a scrambler. I would give a scrambler, they change the IP constantly, but i believe that undermines the T&C. He was perfectly fine tho. Idk how long you'd be flagged for as it varies with the extent of what information you could've stumbled across, just lay low and stay OFF of ATS. Not to be mean, but don't parade things like this around. YES it must be an AMAZING find, im not discrediting you on that. Just make sure you take care of yourself and your privacy.

And run a scan to make sure you didn't get an infection/virus of any sort. They like to do that also.

My advice...
stay off of websites that could potentially be viewed as "a threat to our National Security".

Take it easy,
Mike

Thanks for your post.

I've been having some strange anomalies, but I wasn't going to post because *I* think they're coincidence... But sometimes I wonder.

For the past 2 days, my cable modem has been "down" for like an hour at a time - a few times.

And then I just got a weird error from Norton about an hour ago. I got an Error 3048,3 message from Norton Autofix.

Strange things. But who knows.

Oh wait, folks. I have something I forgot about. This came up in my IP blocker 2 days ago when I was torrenting the NASA image. What's this all about?

Cable modem went out AGAIN. Right when I uploaded the image to ATS. This is really annoying! COINCIDENCE?!

(Modem is still out, but window is open). Will send when my internet connection comes back on.

What the hell is going on here? WHY am I getting DDOS'd???
You know - I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for things like this happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is CLEARLY A ROAD IN THOSE HIGH RES PICS!!! a F*ING ROAD! ON MARS! The F*k?!

Many people have been saying it all along, this is the Mojave Desert, Im sticking with that. That road and the white parts taking out says enough for me. There shouldnt be ANY anomolies on Mars. No one lives there, nothing is there right? Have we even seen Mars for real damnit!?! Sick of this NASA coverup crap.. and all these "anomolies".

If you lie about landing a rover on another planet, when your actually playing games in the middle of a desert, OFC there will be "anomolies". Until the public realize they have been messed with by these people! Yes we all WISH that really was Mars, because it would mean so much that $Billion went to snapshots of rocks and desert.. but that isnt the reality.

This is EARTH, fixed cameras, smart ass men and women trying to trick the people again.

$3Billion = Robbed.

Thanks for sharing the OP, obviously someone is preventing you from doing your thing..goodwork my friend

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi all, what do you think of these strange things I have found in the op's panorama?

and

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh crap - look what I started - everyone's gettin' down with the GigaPan and finding things!

I'm laughing and crying (not literally crying, but you know what I mean) at the same time.

And I didn't intend for this thread to go this far.

When I woke up this morning and saw it on the front page after only hours, I was like, "S##t..."

edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Last time i heard, "DoD Network Information Center" referred

to the Department of Defense.

What is that doing on your ip list?

....a quick queck of whois for the first DoD IP address yeilds an imposing

set of buildings labelled 'DSCC' on google maps if you use this data:
Query terms are ambiguous. The query is assumed to be:
# "n 29.191.13.23"
#
# Use "?" to get help.
#

#
# The following results may also be obtained via:
# whois.arin.net...;q=29.191.13.23?showDetails=true&showARIN=false&ext=netref2
#

NetRange: 29.0.0.0 - 29.255.255.255
CIDR: 29.0.0.0/8
OriginAS:
NetName: MILX25-TEMP
NetHandle: NET-29-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: Direct Allocation
RegDate: 1991-07-01
Updated: 2009-06-19
Ref: whois.arin.net...

OrgName: DoD Network Information Center
OrgId: DNIC
Address: 3990 E. Broad Street
City: Columbus
StateProv: OH
PostalCode: 43218
RegDate:
Updated: 2011-08-17
Ref: whois.arin.net...

Again - what is a military IP doing on your torrent list?
edit on 8/15/2012 by drphilxr because: more whois lookup

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Really interesting images whatever your own personal viewpoint is.

A couple of things caught my eye in the first few seconds of looking...

Is that a NUMBER on the base of that rock? (I had to rotate the image 90 degrees)

Looks like someone dropped their teddy bear

and What was that really annoying character in the Star Wars movies (from Part1 (the 4th movie) on)

GTD

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Oh crap - look what I started - everyone's gettin' down with the GigaPan and finding things!

I'm laughing and crying (not literally crying, but you know what I mean) at the same time.

And I didn't intend for this thread to go this far.

When I woke up this morning and saw it on the front page after only hours, I was like, "S##t..."

edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

Your going to be getting a visit from the Men in Black I think lol

www.acronymfinder.com...(DoD-NIC).html

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I dunno if this is coincidence or not but my laptop is acting very strange whilst i'm viewing this thread, a lot of images are not loading and my screen keeps freezing

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Holosapien

That said..'BLACK' spaces, these are white..sure it could be indicative of the same exact thing but if they specifically say black, its possible white means something else?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join