It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
You lost me at "torrent sites deleted my torrent and banned my IP" ..

Unless you're using some lame torrent sites, I just don't buy that ... The US government desperately wants to get rid of sites like The Pirate Bay and they can't .. if you had posted it there or at any of the top torrent sites there's simply no way it would get removed... credibility for me was lost right there.

Besides you're making a panorama out of images released BY nasa .. it's all public so it makes no logical sense either.

You missed the OP where I said the missing high-rez images were there for a few minutes but were taken down.
But anyway - not like this is going to matter:

PAINT IS OPEN SO I COULD PASTE A SCREEN-CAPTURE. No - I wasn't "altering the image".

So, wait - haha - let me get this right - You think this is all contrived?

I have wasted too much energy and time making and trying to distribute these images. Posters were right about Yahoo deleting the comment because it contained a link, but everything else is just strange. I am not going to waste my time trying to explain myself. If you don't believe me, then move along.

The pursuit of truth. That's what I'm all about. If I'm wrong about something, I will ALWAYS admit it - especially online. But I am not lying. Maybe got a little too excited, but then again - what happened happened.

And I agree with your last paragraph.

Can we stop working against each other and and worth WITH each other?
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by D.Wolf

Where did you find that original picture?
I have so far not found any that is possible to zoom in that much. Except OPs panorama pic.
Please do share.

I believe the images are here:

edit on 15-8-2012 by Holosapien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I gotta say, GREAT job on that panorama, I was amazed at how I can zoom all the way into the mountain ranges in the distance and still see then with a fairly good amount of detail. I would like to ask why there are white empty spaces in the middle of the image when it really doesn't make sense there would be.. thoughts?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

dude they black listed you....but that should be illegal on certain sites...ie .org sites.....

why would they do that...its only crappy desert!.....

i think the future of the internet...is going to be for the rich and PTB....while the rest of us cant use most sites and have a limited use...like my child lock lololol

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holosapien

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by D.Wolf

Where did you find that original picture?
I have so far not found any that is possible to zoom in that much. Except OPs panorama pic.
Please do share.

I believe the images are here:

edit on 15-8-2012 by Holosapien because: (no reason given)

In the middle tword the bottom, that second picture has something that has spokes like a wheel in it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

What i said...

Thank you

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Lol, I've no idea, just zoom in on the pik and see for your self, In the mean time, I'll attempt to retrace that thread for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arikra
I gotta say, GREAT job on that panorama, I was amazed at how I can zoom all the way into the mountain ranges in the distance and still see then with a fairly good amount of detail.

Agree. Great job on that panorama OP.

Originally posted by Arikra
I would like to ask why there are white empty spaces in the middle of the image when it really doesn't make sense there would be.. thoughts?

The answer:

Black spaces typically mean partial data has arrived, but Curiosity will fill in the rest of the data as soon as possible.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Fossil? or probably just a weathered (sand blasted) rock in the red box?
Great panorama OP!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Both, plus the whole exploding the jet pack onto the surface part....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Just went and checked our your handi-work on gigapan and it spurred me to jump on here and say nice job. Thanks for the time you spent putting that together, it was worth the time to check out your link.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hey impaired-
I loved your gigapan image,I saw the other thread.
This is very perplexing-I hope they are only temporarily jamming your work while they discuss if they should give you a job.

You did make that panorama before NASA after all.
They are probably embarrased.
Imapired for a job at NASA I say!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

D. Wolf - you have found more water.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It looks like only the larger thumbnails are already coded with an 'E' when you open the full resolution, if the thumbnail is small, there is no alternative resolution. You might think that some pics are being held back for full resolution, or they are just behind.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

no it's not...

the post above your reply proves that. My cell phone takes better shots!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Off topic I know but anywyas.

Futurethinker, from this day forward, I will refer to the( news sources formerly know as main stream media) as " the news show, or TNS for short.

Thanks for the great gigapan OP I thought it was amazing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Not really sure about what is so "retarded" about this post. The OP made a great panorama of Mars that rivals Nasa and he is having trouble with posting this panorama on other sites. So explain the "retarded" part to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join