It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks - I'm having a censorship problem all over the web regarding my high res Curiosity panorama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think it may be the grinning rock monster peeking over the berm there in the background.

For the last hour or so I have been cruising this site looking at pics of Mars. Thanks to the OP for bringing the gallery here for me to ogle at. How weird to sit here on my but and see another world so far way and yet so close...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have combed the Martian desert using the High-res picture OP provided.
Sure, I have seen a couple of strange things that made me jump a little bit, but after calming down, I do not really think it is anything else than stones.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The reason why NASA will not listen to you and deletes all your post's is because they already hide many secrets about past occurrences.. They lie about everything twisting the truth! Don't Forget NASA is NAZI run as the Rocket Scientist from WWII Run NASA! WAKE UP! CIA SUCKS NAZI ASS FOR INFORMATION

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Just spotted some strange objects!!!!!

edit on 15-8-2012 by bluloa because: picture

Oh look!

A dislocated martian weiner!

THERE IS LIFE!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reflected
I don't understand why your having a censorship issue.

I found this today which is far superior to the one you made (I'm sure you will agree), and is being promoted by New Scientist.
360 Mars

Sorry, you seem legit... anyone else might be accused of attention seeking for the hard work they had done.

I like this one. Though I like to look at anomalies posted on ATS, I normally don't post anomalies, but this one even I got a wtf moment. How about this panorama view. Anyone see what I am seeing?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Seems that you touched a nest of wasps with SOL 3....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

I see a mountain...and shadows..

again.

Its VIRTUAL,
Mike

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Probably not what you are thinking about, but it looks like it is bubbling to the left.

Edit.
Well more between the middle and the left.
edit on 15-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Also seems to be two light sources over the mountains.
edit on 15-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa

edit on 15-8-2012 by bluloa because: picture

Here are the rocks in question, taken from the OP's link:

As you can see, they look like plain rocks. Not different from any kind of rock you could find anywhere.
Hope it helps

edit on 15-8-2012 by PlanetaryStorm because: Finally found out how to post images. Removed direct link and help request

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Did you use the raw images for your project?

Maybe they saw something and is now trying to cover it up.

I told him about the ufos in the background and he didn't want to trust me.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Wow. Excellent work on the gigapan. It looks like the pictures you were using show an active or recently active hydrology, least it looks that way to me. As other posters already said, that 'river of mud' looking thing is exactly what curiosity was looking for. Maybe they censored your gigapan because it shows proof of water on Mars, and NASA don't want to announce that just yet.

....or they need more time to airbrush out the winding road coming down from the hills in the very top right of your gigapan. Maybe they should call the next rover 'Anomaly' and have live streaming pictures.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Outfoxed because: removing anomalous lines of text. concealing the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflected
I don't understand why your having a censorship issue.

I found this today which is far superior to the one you made (I'm sure you will agree), and is being promoted by New Scientist.
360 Mars

Sorry, you seem legit... anyone else might be accused of attention seeking for the hard work they had done.

Thanks for the link. There's an interesting spot on the panorama that appears to have been artificially blurred. If you zoom in to the fullest and swing around you'll see that there's no blurring except here. Wonder why ?

Blurred area on Mars panorama

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

Of course it is. I see such and such, but at the same moment I know it isn't. That's the fun of anomalies is it not, using ones fantasy and all?

reply to post by LiberalSceptic

That is why I did not include what it was I picked up Just to see if others see the same thing. I guess not for I see a river from left to right, complete with rapid. (the thing you picked up left-middle.

At least it aint the next odd shaped rock ey.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

It does look different from the mountains or the ground around it. It has got more of that fluid feel to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
(I haven't even really scrutinized the image too much myself - more focused on getting it out there).

ohhhhh ok I see now. you said they were artifacts and I should just trust you, hunh? but you never really looked into it? I wonder who the disinfo agents around here really are??????

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

One possible "natural" and simple explanation for it could be that that patch of terrain was "clean" by a dust devil (we know those are kinda common in mars), revealing the layer under the brighter dust/rock top layer.

It sure looks like muddy tho.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
No - I am not crazy, and I don't care if I get on a watch list. This is RIDICULOUS.

It's easy to see your frustration, but it's even easier to see what a great job you have done, congrats, Smurfy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

The image also contains several "balck specks" mostley on the mountains, some "hovering" in the air.

Another chap posted a few the other day, we ruled out birds and flying mud, and concluded they were UFOs.

As you do

wait where did that happen? I mentioned them earlier and the op concluded offhandedly that they were missing data artifacts and that I should just trust him on him knowing that and then find out he never really looked. Who's trying to trick who here?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah I would make a thread about it if I believed what I saw.Even if I convinced myself there was a river near the lander. I would be debunked rather rapid.

But I can enjoy a wtf-moment once in a while.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
just thought i'd let you know, links are automatically deleted/censored in yahoo comments to reduce spam from bots/keyloggers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join