It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

agreed. there are 3 dots with some jpg aliasing compression artifact around them.

so what. falls into the category of "3 dots on a picture"; dust is my best guess.

But the point of looking for earth like flying object anomalies is well made on a (mostly)

dead planet: swamp gas, migrating geese, venus, aircraft....all can't exist there.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Try the GigaPan, OP. You can zoom in.

gigapan.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by tarkanx007

I was under the assumption that the HD cams werent going to be "turned on" for 2 weeks after landing. in fact they might just keep them protected until they have something decent they actually want to photograph. That HD cam is way more valuable than the NON-HD one. I dont know a lot about martian weather and what not, but If i was on the team, Id wanted those HD cameras covered and protected until there was a good use for em.

Since it's a "hostile environment" wouldn't they have provided some way of cleaning/clearing the lens of debris? I mean there's no one around that we know of that would have a lens cloth handy

Thats the photo technicians jobs. Can't remember his name. He will wipe the lense daily with a soft cloth. Then at the end of the mission he will get a photo standing next to curiosity for his living room wall.

Lonely job but someone has got to do it.
edit on 14-8-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
But the point of looking for earth like flying object anomalies is well made on a (mostly)
dead planet: swamp gas, migrating geese, venus, aircraft....all can't exist there.

Best example of UFO so far:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yep, my screen needed cleaning..

I reckon that'll be.. Elenin, Nibiru and... The Death Star.

edit on 14-8-2012 by VexedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I couldn't see them at first, I wiped the dust off of my screen and those three dots were still there!

Also, tilting the screen back on your computer helps too.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Was just viewing some of the raw images from Curiosity and came across this one which has 3 anomalies that appear as orbs over the mountain range on the horizon. Maybe they're just spots or dust on a $3billion dollar camera? You'll need to enlarge it to see what I'm referring to.

Full resolution image

Can anyone examine them with software to determine if these objects are on the lens? Are some type of processing anomaly? Sun spots? Dust? Lens flares? Birds? What ever?

To me it looks like dead/stuck pixels, which you often get with digital cameras.
If you are even talking about those tiny dark dots that i am seeing.
edit on 14-8-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well it's settled then. NASA sent a two and a half billion dollar camera to Mars with bad pixels.

That is just how digital cameras work. There is no real difference between expensive and cheap models when it comes to dead pixels.
Who the heck cares if 3 pixels are missing anyways? This is something that hardly anyone here even spotted until it was pointed out exactly where they were.
This is what happens when you press a bunch of pixels onto a tiny chip.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If that's the best NASA can do, time to go check cameras in best buy. I zoomed the photo and found some wierd stuff, whatever you wanna call it. Some areas had a kind of distortion. I made a circle and a square where.

Need to save it and zoom it.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Guys, not to toot my own horn, but I made a better panorama than NASA's current one, and there are no artifacts that I KNOW OF.

65 MB JPG (torrent):

You will have to do it like this, because it seems words are being messed up by the automatic sensor in the forum software.

mediafire dot com/?hgco3o9w1igml7q

And the 457 MB .TIFF. It's AMAZING:

mediafire dot com/?1s1gibqbji3rc8i

All I did was stitch it. No other processing (brightness, sharpen, etc.).

Edit - nevermind. I give up. I can NOT find one place to host a legitimate torrent!!!
edit on 8/14/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Can't view the squares for some reason. They're out of the image viewer area.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't see anything but you did make me clean all those smudges and dirt off my screen. Thank!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So are you saying billion dollar cameras cant have dust?

I found this on another photo as well

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Can't view the squares for some reason. They're out of the image viewer area.

Exactly, it's right in the left edge, like a vertical bar of distortion. Just zoom it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Where was that photo taken mate? Mars?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was thinking.

Do you think that they have intentionally made the horizon look hazy to obscure any possible visitation from ET? Obviously the rover can't move so it's stuck in one place and only the camera can move. I.e. it can't hide, so do you think there was a pre-mission decision to make the horizon blurry/hazy on purpose just in case?

I will be interested to see if the horizon or pictures sharpen up when this thing starts moving?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins
So are you saying billion dollar cameras cant have dust?

You got that right, billion dollar cameras can't have the same problem than 200 dollar cameras. That's why they are expensive, supose to be better, way better.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hahah me too dirty ass computer screen.

I also don't see anything...I do wonder though, why Mars looks exactly how I imagined it would.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
reply to post by boncho

Hahah me too dirty ass computer screen.

I also don't see anything...I do wonder though, why Mars looks exactly how I imagined it would.

When I tried to look at the first photo I couldn't see these objects in question. I had to take a cloth and wipe down my computer screen. Awful, I know!!!!

But yeah. those could be dust particles on the lens. And I highly doubt it has lens window washers like Nascar race vehicles do

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Well you can use your browser to zoom in

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join