It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars photo with 3 orbs - or are they just birds flying in the distance? LOL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OK, you are ALL wrong. It's Birds...
This was after all taken in Mojave Desert, Wasn't it????

Seriously though, could be dust, could be Marvin the Martian's floating neighborhood too???

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Well you can use your browser to zoom in

With a messy laptop screen, zooming in does not help. I tried and failed. But since cleaning, I saw those little dots on the screen. Conclusion the same: dust particles messing around with the pixels.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

So I did that and the two "dots" on the left in your image appear like this when zoomed...

Don't know what to make of that actually. I read something early on about dust on the lens from the landing but couldn't find it. If it is to do with the camera it will repeat in other images. Imagine what people would say if they brushed it out?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Please Stop the Personal Sniping and Off Topic posts.

Everyone has a right to post their opinion.

Please address that opinion and not the member.

thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yeah I kinda see them now, I found one then another, then another, until I found about 10...then I wiped my screen and could only see 2
. Very inconclusive though looks like a satellite if not dust

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
all good points guys, and thanks for posting that picture of the mars surface! I can see in some parts of the shot how it looks like LIQUID water which is interesting, however in the bulk of the picture if you zoom in and take a close look you can see sand ridges and such like features which leads me to believe that this is quite possibly a chemical reaction created posibly by an unknown combination of elements, affecting the colour of the land scape.
OR it could also be ice, but lets be honest if it really is a picture of the surface of the planet no one will know until someone gets there or we at least retrieve a decent sample.

and yeah the tree thing was a joke, BUT SERIOUSLY? are you trying to tell me that a vehicle that has wheels of any number will not leave a track in the sand behind it as it moves???..................... i'm sorry mabey i misunderstood you but i have NO IDEA what your talking about, if you are saying that it wouldn't leave a track becaus the sand was wet, thats not true ,take a remote contol car to the beach and you will see what i mean.

love, light and all that crap....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I was able to see it from my phone right off, but I keep it pretty clean. But um, if it was dust particles on the lens, then these 3 dots must be on every photo taken from this particular camera, right? Or no?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Its a compression artifact.

I mean, if you ever seen two side by side images of this anomaly, it would easily recognizable.

There is dust everywhere; doesn't mean all of it is on the camera.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

The question in turn may be does the rover come equipped with an automated lens cleaner? If not, is it a pixel issue then? Or were they dust particles on the lens? Finally, could those really be birds???

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Wow, you have great vision. I had to look really hard to find those things. S & F for your eyes!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Has anyone tried to measure the distance between the dots?
Use the set provided here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The dots move with the camera and stay the same distance apart.
So it's dust or something on or in the camera itself.

just sayin

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Concerning the camera
-This is not a picture taking mission, so stop saying it is a $2.5 billion camera when rocket scientists have salaries
-The choice of camera was made in 2004, when 2mp was decent, they don't redesign and replan things just to make some pictures of dirt more pretty
-There is a cap on how much information can be sent, so there is not going to be a thousand photos of the same thing with a 15mp camera

Concerning the "orbs"
-This thing landed with rocket boosters, there was dust displaced everywhere
-Why would there be birds? There is no use for a bird in a dusty bare wasteland ecosystem. Just stop with the birds
-What are the chances that out of a few photos you would get a picture of three alien ships?
-You can't say it's a bad/unclear camera and also say it's evidence for UFOs

The one thing our government does that American's should be proud of and here come the tinfoil hats...
edit on 043131p://upWednesday by Mushroom Fields Forever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I was thinking.

Do you think that they have intentionally made the horizon look hazy to obscure any possible visitation from ET? Obviously the rover can't move so it's stuck in one place and only the camera can move. I.e. it can't hide, so do you think there was a pre-mission decision to make the horizon blurry/hazy on purpose just in case?

I will be interested to see if the horizon or pictures sharpen up when this thing starts moving?

The rover cant move????? Where do you people get this information from, because the plan is to start moving the rover already next week. What would be the point of sending a rover that cannot move?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by Bilk22

Ohh, thanks for point it out, I couldn't tell it from the dirt on my screen lol

Well, Dust doesn't have anti gravity properties, and apparently there's no birds on Mars,

So technically UFO!! Woo Hoo!

Geez Sinny Clean your monitor!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good find however I will only S&F if I see another set without the floating dots, then we have a case here. Otherwise if they show up again and in the same formation though looking at a different object it is dust.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Those same three dots can be seen on another image by the rover. This other image is a portion of the photo going around as that GigaPan conspiracy here on ATS and can also be found all over the web. Either the UFOs stay in perfect formation or to everyone's disappointment, no UFOs.

You can also see the same three dots on this image straight from NASA. Directly above the portion of the rover in frame.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

and this image- mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 15-8-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Good find man!!! 3 pictures with the same 3 dots and in almost the same formation throughout!! idk...I initially assumed dust particles but now
we must dig deeper
edit on 15-8-2012 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by 3n19m470

The question in turn may be does the rover come equipped with an automated lens cleaner? If not, is it a pixel issue then? Or were they dust particles on the lens? Finally, could those really be birds???

I am pretty sure it is a pixel issue as they seem to appear the same in different photos. If it was dust then it would be out of focus as well and change from picture to picture.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join