It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of Time Travel and Parallel Universes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Why do you need to be so condescending? It’s really quite annoying considering, and no doubt you would be this condescending to my face.

Also, I have read your other post and besides from still being condescending, again talking like you know more that people who have studied this there whole life and trying to relate space-time to a CPU and super Mario bros you haven’t really said anything besides everyone is wrong but you. Where’s you Nobel Prize in Physics? Hmm let me guess you don’t have one, I’m sure that’s not a surprise to anyone.

But maybe I was really clear in what I was trying to get across, mainly because I just had a thought, wrote it down and didn’t expect to have some wannabe time travel expect on my case claiming that time travel is impossible because you says so, even though many serious physicists would disagree with you.

And considering time passes every second isn’t that a form of time travel? I know I’m being pedantic. My bad

So my idea around time being circular is that ridiculous to you considering that theory’s on time have changed with each new great mind that brings there ideas to the table,.

So first Newton thinks time is Linear, Einstein famous law of relativity, Stephen Hawking 3 pronged approach to time, Prigogine where time precedes creation so what’s not to say a theory around circular time is not possible? Because you say it is or?? Ever Hawking, one of the greatest mind of our time (Excuse the pun
) has thought up the chronology protection conjecture which prevents time travel to anything greater than sub atomic particles, which would mean time travel is possible for sub atomic particle and thus time travel is possible. Granted it’s not proven, and is only a conjecture but Hawking’s is hardly going come up with some nonsense for the sake of it.

The theory of faster than light travel could lead to time travel, granted that the energy need to propel even a 1kg object at the speed of light would be astronomical, however with the latest discoveries on the Higgs, this would neglect all formulated equations which depend on the mass of the object. Reverse the Higgs boson effect and you have zero mass.

Also, theory around tachyon particles which travel faster than the speed of light, which travel backwards through time. Granted that again this is a theory but these particles are not forbidden to exist within the framework of relativity.

I could keep going on about this, and how many theories out there like wormholes, closed-curved time lines, alternative time lines, parallel worlds the use of quantum entanglement but I honestly can’t be bothered, because I’m going for a drink. I would say you can go Google all this and have a read, but no doubt you already know all this and it is all nonsense.

So having now explained quickly some time travel theories, I’d like to say that my little circular time theory is as valid as any other, because it’s a theory and new theory’s and new science if discovered every day which make previous suggestions theory’s possible. Oh and the existing out of space-time to observe – Prigogine theory where time precedes creation – if true then space-time are not link and you could travel through time which space remains same.

So again most of the comments you made about time being well defined, time travel not being possible etc have just been discounted by the theory’s I have just given, by people who know what they are talking about.

So I guess you will know reply with little sarcastic comments to each section or you could be really surprising and actually not be condescending. Only time will tell (Again sorry about the pun

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20
Why do you need to be so condescending? It’s really quite annoying considering, and no doubt you would be this condescending to my face.

Again, my purpose is not to be condescending. If I say something that totally "flattens" what you have said, I have said it to clearly point out what the problem with that statement is, or why I have a problem with it.
The reason for this is that you could react to it in two ways:
a. "Oh, woops. Hmm.."
b. "You are wrong because.."

I do not wish to read things where I see holes and "live with" that things seem a bit iffy for the reason that if I don't say it, you might think I agree with you which gives all the wrong signals. I want to know when I'm wrong, that's how I learn. Don't you?

Also, I have read your other post and besides from still being condescending, again talking like you know more that people who have studied this there whole life and trying to relate space-time to a CPU and super Mario bros

Excuse me, I am talking like I know more than who, exactly?
The Super Mario thing was a visual representation that seemed to help the person visualizing something that seemed to be a problem. Why do you have an issue with this?

you haven’t really said anything besides everyone is wrong but you.

Ah, but answer me this: If you select a random side of a debate and read the content, isn't it highly likely that that side is claiming to be right? The probability of that happening is quite close to 100%, is it not?
You might also reflect on the fact that I might find it quiet pointless to join a debate where my standpoint is "Me too!". Not wouldn't be much of a debate. would it?

Where is your nobel prize?

This is at least the second time you have told me something to imply that I would be something like the greatest thing since the invention of the saying "greatest thing since sliced bread". Why this sarcasm?
Clearly you think that I have such high thoughts of myself, when in reality all I have been suggesting has been things well-known to science. I won't get very far with getting a Nobel Prize if I haven't presented anything new, would I? That makes me quite an average Joe.

And now this Average Joe will go to bed, like any other Average Joe.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Please join us tonight on ATS LIVE RADIO where we will be discussing this topic as a Turbo Topic! Please visit THIS THREAD for the schedule of topics!

We would love to have you call in and voice your opinion regardless of what it is!

ATS Live Is Broadcasting * Today @ 9:00 PM EST

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Isn't there a difference between time travel and interdimensional travel? I don't understand why if one were to travel in time, certain things would no longer exist. The way I look at "time" is that everything is actually one giant loop i.e., the end is the beginning is the end - alpha and omega

The problem is that if anyone interacts with anything in the past, then the future is changed. But, if infinity exists then there are an infinite number of points inside of the circle, or even an infinite number of radii (timelines). So in my mind if anyone were to successfully build a time machine they would also have to be able to build a machine capable of interdimensional travel; it would require the ability to jump from timeline to timeline, or from one radius to another.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hey, just wonderin if you archeive these live sessions anywhere
to download and listen

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

When you invoke time manipulation, you automatically invoke
interdimensionality, however navigation thereafter is of essence
and not many will know how to do it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Most of you time travel daily and dont realize it. You can travel back into time but as yourself in the past. So in some ways you possess your past self or become a voice to your past self which would be the present You cannot visit yourself but become yourself ( i think) But the funny thing is that what usually happens 9.9 times out of 10 is that when you travel to your past you forget you traveled and relive many 'memories'. Ever had a dream that you completely forgot the second you remembered you had a dream?

You can also communicate with your past and future you because time does not exist but the perception of time limits your mind. Practice contemplating your day and how you could of done today or yesterday better. Think hard on it. As you develop this habit. you begin to have inner thoughts of wisdom or voice of direction telling you which way to go in your day. That is your future self.

We have all done something and regretted realizing that you were telling yourself not to do it while you did it. Well that present thought of regret is the previous voice telling you not to do it.. Its a beautiful thing, time, that is.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join