It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw 300 million years old! Who built it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

yep, in 1967, Dallas Love field concrete ramp was tested to be 10,000 years old

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I love ooparts!

So far I am convinced they are the result of either

A) time travel

or

B) seriously flawed dating techniques...what if carbon 14 dating is totally bogus?

Google "uranium-lead dating". I believe that is what we use to date rocks.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs
Anyone who takes a serious look at this universe and comes to the conclusion that humans are the only life form with technological intelligence loses all intellectual credibility as far as I see it.

By my count, the probability of nonhuman intelligence existing on earth at some point is nearly 100%.

Science says it took humans 2 mil. years to go from monkey to modern. That's an eye blink. Even if intelligence only developed in the most recent 1% of time, that gives a head start of hundreds of millions of years on humans. If humanity is continuous for just another 10,000 years, then wow to that possibility.

The question is not whether intelligent life can develop, but whether it can survive...

All of the science really only considers water based life and that's probably a major flaw.

Of course, there were the DINOSAURS (dinosaurs are f*cking aswome!), most of them very intelligent beasts, maybe even as intelligent as humans but without our intellect. They also existed on this planet over a much longer period than humans did. Perhaps we're only aware of a fraction of what remains to be discovered about them.

Anyway, with the carbon dating, I understand that's possible if the rock contains traces of organic matter, like bits of coal or peat.
edit on 11-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No where in the google translation does it say the screw is 300 million years old. To me it looks like it was placed in the rock years ago but not millions of years ago. definitely interesting and will keep an eye on this

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So we have an issue with 300 million years regarding a screw found but we accept the fact that this was built some 2.000 years ago, when the common or should i say the majority of the human species was engaged in wars and farming !

In 3D

edit on 11-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
No where in the google translation does it say the screw is 300 million years old. To me it looks like it was placed in the rock years ago but not millions of years ago. definitely interesting and will keep an eye on this

Original Posting

Το καλοκαίρι του 1998, Ρώσοι επιστήμονες που ερευνούσαν σε μια περιοχή 300 χ.λ.μ. νοτιοδυτικά της Μόσχας για τα υπολείμματα ενός μετεωρίτη, ανακάλυψαν ένα κομμάτι βράχου που περιέκλειε μια σιδερένια βίδα. Οι γεωλόγοι υπολογίζουν ότι η ηλικία του βράχου είναι 300-320 εκατομμύρια χρόνια.

www.defencenet.gr...

Translated by Google

Image In the summer of 1998, Russian scientists who were investigating an area 300 th km southwest of Moscow on the remains of a meteorite, discovered a piece of rock which enclosed an iron screw. Geologists estimate that the age of the rock is 300-320 million years.

translate.google.com... %3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D50451%26Itemid%3D169

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
So we have an issue with 300 million years regarding a screw found but we accept the fact that this was built some 2.000 years ago, when the common or should i say the majority of the human species was engaged in wars and farming !

It's not as simple as that. There were multiple civilisations/societies with different levels of technological and scientific skill. The Greeks had libraries of literature on mathematics and the sciences, and the Romans had engineered effective sanitation systems while the British were still living in mud huts and picking #e off the ground.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Reply to post by cerebralassassins

Yes and does that say anything about the age of the screw? I could be blind but I think it reads "the rock is 300-320 million years."

I would like to read more about this if anymore links are found, but as of right now its hard for me to believe any of this

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

I agree with you and by no means am i being rude here, but lets all sit back and take a note of the follwoing titles.

A Cut-Iron Nail More Than One Million Years Old

A Metal Screw 21 Million Years Old

A Manmade Nail Over 40 Million Years Old

A Gold Chain Found in Coal Over 300 Million Years Old

An Iron Pot in a Chunk of Coal Dated from 300 to 325 Million Years Old

2.8-Billion-Year-Old Metal Spheres

link

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Xtrozero

The hole that it is in is at a slightly different angle giving it the illusion of it being a screw. If the look at it on a level angle you can see it is parallel. This is nothing more than Russian propaganda as usual. This is a crinoid, no doubt in my mind.

Raist

Good catch, if that's a bolt it would take forever to get the nut to tighten.

Russian science news is such a mess.

A shame because someday they might find something real, and nobody will believe them,

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Carbon 14 gives us the oldest view that I'm aware of and supposedly its only accurate up to 50,000 years. So I would be interested in finding out how they came up with 300 million years on that. Not that there is no way to do, it's just none that I'm aware of.

If it is that old, wow, what a find. It's just another piece to add to the collection of proof that there has been intelligent life here before us, or could it have been us? Hard to say. I have always believe this planet has been inhabited by many other intelligent species long before man came around.

Nice find.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is obviously a crinoid stem. It is not a screw or a piece of machinery or even metal.

This is as ridiculous as the claims of the Llano hammer.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I just want to make clear first that I am not trying to rain on your parade, but be helpful instead. I say this just in case you think I might be.

In this case the deep web and this "news" source are more than wrong. I could link this on another forum and expert and the average Joe paleontologists would laugh. I personally have very many crinoid stems. Russian science news is a joke. They want so badly to be someone special that they put out garbage and are only hurting themselves. Russian science news is like the boy who cried wolf.

Take any Russian science news with a cargo ship of salt.

I cannot say that I have or have not been on the deep web.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

There are some very tight threaded screws, mostly used in machinery. But yeah in this case it is most definitely crinoid.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
At some point, people need to be informed no matter what methods have been used from an infant stage via generations to execute perception based on criteria as to how much knowledge the public should be made aware of.

So its impossible to have any articfact dated over several 100 thousand years ago since humans did not exist, so i guess this vid also suggests weather ballons, umm, nasa's old space vehicle, umm its a video glitch, umm your imagining it.. and so on and so on.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Sensationalist, Russian propaganda science news as normal LOL.

Their science news is nothing but a joke. It would be cool if they found something but after one cries wolf too many times..............

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Russian science news is a joke. They want so badly to be someone special that they put out garbage and are only hurting themselves. Russian science news is like the boy who cried wolf.

Take any Russian science news with a cargo ship of salt.

I cannot say that I have or have not been on the deep web.

Raist

Now thats something i wasn't expecting from an educated person unless...

P.S. Its not a crime to surf the deep wb, on the other hand, if you are unable or frightetened to mention that you have or do, then i suggest you need to reaccess your values and or criteria as to how you function as a free soul upon this planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by stereologist

Sensationalist, Russian propaganda science news as normal LOL.

Their science news is nothing but a joke. It would be cool if they found something but after one cries wolf too many times..............

Raist

Hmm..seems what you have posted has hit the nail on the head, Doesn't the west do the same thing? Must i upload several million leading news articles both print and digital form, better yet, simply look over ats regarding recent photoshop editing of images and supposed news coming out from Syria. Life isnt black n white, you do realize there are shades of Gray..oops there we go..alien grays again and yet, here on ats they also use grey as a color, do i sense a conspiracy in the making.. Take a closer look at my avatar.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

to my knowledge carbon 14 dating doesn't work on rocks....and isn't attempted..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
300 million yrs old? i thought carbon dating could only go back 60,000 yrs.
looks interesting,but when people throw science out the window and basically just make stuff up, kinda takes away from the story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join