It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw 300 million years old! Who built it?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Good to know. I do live near a university. What I really need to do is get contact information to the paleontology professor there so that she can help with the ID of some of the specimens I find.

Raist

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
reply to post by stereologist

How do u know they never had computers?

And metal IS a liquid, so is glass, You take a fresh slice of glass, put it into a frame for a window, come back 10 years later, and the base of that window will be thicker, b/c the glass it self is still liquid but not like water, so it takes time for it to droop so to say. Find any old building thats 30+ years old that had absolutely no maintanance and tell me what shape is the glass in, the metal and concrete, not stone, but concrete.

No one KNOWS why the pyramids were built, if it is a tomb then why was it earthquake proof? If people were building it with sticks and stones and some rope, how did they make it to be x-ray proof, it has lead lining inside the stone to prevent x-rays from being taken, how did they do that with rope and sticks?

seriously, why do u have an account on ATS if your only gonna mention text book theories and not FACTS.
Do you not at least have your own conlusions or ideas about OP's picture or the ancients civilization.

And one question for you, do u not believe that 10 000 + years ago, there was a global civilization? and what facts do u have to prove that there was no global network, language and civilization with technology far more advanced then ours?

Because NONE was ever found. As Harte says, absence of evidence is the ONLY evidence of absence

If a global civilization existed more than 10k years ago, "far more advanced than ours", as you stated above, then it is the easiest thing to prove it, look in SPACE!! Where is their evidence of existence?? We do have scores of satellites up there, satellites that "reside" in geosynchronous orbits (that's 36,000 Km away from Earth's surface and NO opinion can deny that!) and NOTHING that can affect materials on Earth can reach them. so, WHERE is a single spec of evidence of this so-advanced-global-civilization from more than 10,000 years ago?? Careful, I am NOT talking low earth orbits here, these object do decay with time and in a few decades tend to return to the surface of the earth. I am specific, GEOSYNCHRONOUS orbits!!

Another question, while we're at it. Why only 10,000 years ago? Why so "conservative"? Can't you be bold enough and stretch things? After all, there is NOTHING to limit you since ALL scientific knowledge is questionable, to say the least, no? You said it, "they this, they that" so why trust ANYTHING "they" said?

So, to top your "bet", I say a global civilization existed 100,000,000 years ago. How do you explain the abundant references to dragons otherwise? Those people MUST have seen live dinosaurs at some point to incorporate them to their folklore, no? Want to include the famous "screw" and take it up to 300,000,000 years ago? No problem, I can go tenfold and say 3 BILLION years ago AND use the same arguments to base my point.

Are up for it or just full of ****??

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Link

Same article?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The path of least resistance leads me to option B.
I want option A...but what I want and what is are two different things...completely...kinda like A and B.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

They do not come in peace, they have no concept of peace as you and i have been taught.

Whether 'they' came in peace or otherwise (or ever at all) is moot now.

With the universe expanding as it is, they likely can no longer reach us anyway (it may, to some extent, explain why all the UFO conspiracy stuff is become less credible as time goes on). Our own galaxy will be the only one we will ever have 'contact' with in the future; the rest of space will be just a black void, in millennia to come. So, unless they're our next door neighbours (i.e., are in the Milky Way), we won't be able to make contact.

Wait a sec. So you think the Hubble Expansion has something to do with the frequency of UFO reports?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Actually there is evidence. It is in the form of no sign such a civilization ever existed. There are no parts laying about indicating that civilization existed. Our civilization has produced materials that will be on Earth for hundreds of thousands of years, maybe millions. Had there been such a civilization it would have been discovered by now.

Try hundreds of millions/billions of years. The most robust industrial objects, such as carbides (carbon+tungsten/titanium), are essentially indestructible up until they are exposed to incredibly high temperatures. That means that outside of areas where the Earth's crust is pushed below the mantle or into a magma pocket they will survive. If we came back in 200 million years and found sedimentary rock that had been pushed up or otherwise exposed we would find loads of evidence of our civilization (the rest would be deep underground).

That means that if an advanced civilization inhabited the Earth 300Ma(million)-1000Ma, they either were either very sparse or they chose not to use extremely tough industrial materials. Going back to about 4100Ma it gets dicier and dicier though because there's so little of the original crust from that period exposed.

I could see an advanced civilization inhabiting Earth 3.0-3.5 billion years ago and it not being apparent to us now simply because the minor amount of remaining evidence not destroyed by geologic/volcanic processes would be so deeply buried. There are very few places on earth where you can even find rocks that old.

TLDR Version: It has less to do with the survivability of industrial objects and more to do with the fact that the Earth's surface is in a continual state of geologic change.
edit on 26-1-2013 by jsipprell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jsipprell

If there were a group back then, say 3Bya, then they would not be from Earth. A visitor from another world would not be the same as a group that evolved here on Earth from life on Earth.

That means that if an advanced civilization inhabited the Earth 300Ma(million)-1000Ma, they either were either very sparse or they chose not to use extremely tough industrial materials. Going back to about 4100Ma it gets dicier and dicier though because there's so little of the original crust from that period exposed.

You are suggesting from 1Bya to 300Mya when part of that time the entire Earth was frozen over. Life on Earth was simple for most of that time. Life on land was uncommon for the bulk of that time. You've even excluded the Triassic which gave rise to dinosaurs.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by jsipprell

If there were a group back then, say 3Bya, then they would not be from Earth. A visitor from another world would not be the same as a group that evolved here on Earth from life on Earth.

You are suggesting from 1Bya to 300Mya when part of that time the entire Earth was frozen over. Life on Earth was simple for most of that time. Life on land was uncommon for the bulk of that time. You've even excluded the Triassic which gave rise to dinosaurs.

I wasn't contemplating the possibility that an advanced civilization evolved here in the distant past. I thought that would go without saying.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cerebralassassins

Yeah, OOPARTS (Out Of Place Artifacts) are always fun. But you've got to be careful of photos that come out of Russia. They are masters at plastic and fiberglass fakes.

listverse.com...
MYSTERIOUS ALIEN ARTIFACTS

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join