It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns Europe to Prepare for Terrorist Attacks by Iranian-Backed Hezbollah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
To tell you the truth... as a british citizen.
I fear america more than Iran.

Just look at what has gone down in the past, attacks on other nations soil, threats, sanctions... america is the one to fear. And i think if something did happen it would be more than likely that america was behind it, as we've come to learn in recent history.

When a country cry's wolf 24/7 and blames everything on certain nations, you cannot take them seriously.
If america claims that Iran is behind a future "terrorist" attack, i will be more or less pointing my finger at the states.

EDIT: ... and just to clarify. I am referring to the governments policies on the international level, i am not an anti-american or an american-hater. I simply hate and cannot trust anything the US government says anymore.
edit on 12/8/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I simply hate and cannot trust anything the US government says anymore.

You make some valid points - but can you honestly say that our, the UK's, government is any better?
As far as I can see our politicians are as equally corrupt, amoral and self-advancing.

In fact I don't really know of many governments around the world that are much better - and it's a sad reflection of the human race that we allow these people to govern us.
edit on 12/8/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
To tell you the truth... as a british citizen.
I fear america more than Iran.

Well done! May your forefathers ( if indeed you are a brit), whom had suffered under Hitler's aeiral onslaught, and begged for USA's help, which was given at the cost of countles thousands of brave americans together with courageous troops from the free world, to INVADE NAZI Germany to end the war, not cry when they heard you said that.

While it is not necessary to show gratitude, for the past is gone, it does wonders if one could just reflect upon the terms and purpose of 'INVASION' or the 'INTERVENTION', and not based opinions upon lies or falsehoods. An error in Iraq does not mean every intervention will be errors. If so, then the intervention in nazi germany can also be considered as a mistake too.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

BINGO! They are CIA trained and commit terrorist acts inside Iran so do NOT doubt what they can do in other parts of the world......thats what they are trained to do.

I already suspect their hand in bomb attacks in Syria, India, Thailand and MAYBE Belgium of which Hizbollah has been blamed. Not that I'm sticking up for that lot either.

Most people are unaware of who MEK is and who trains them in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Neat little scheme I see.
It's always Iran is rumored to be the future aggressor.
Let's look at this critically, who has the most to gain from Iran being destroyed.... Hmmm...
More saber rattling and lies is what I see.
I know where "real terrorists" come from too.

(Edit)

To fight some propaganda, I'm wondering which group will claim this future attack.
These bomber types almost always claim their attacks as they are badges of pride to them.
edit on 12-8-2012 by g146541 because: propaganda kills

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Translated: We want an excuse to attack both Iran and Lebanon?

Indeed.
Change the record US. More and more of us can see through the BS.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

If so, then the intervention in nazi germany can also be considered as a mistake too.

Don't want to derail this thread and turn it into a UK /USA bitch fest, as happens far too often, but got to say; the USA didn't intervene in anything during WWII, Germany and the Axis powers declared war on the USA.

Back on topic.
I really don't understand why so many people refuse to acknowledge the possibility that Iran could be responsible for terrorist attacks in Europe and the apparent obsession that everything is a USA / Israeli master minded false flag operation.
The simple facts are that Iran HAS sponsored terrorism in the past, Iran HAS used Hezbollah before and there is a certain amount of evidence to suggest that Iran could still be doing so.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

What evidence do you have that Iranian or Hizbollah terrorists sponsored by the Iranian Regrime are running around blowing up people outside the Middle East? No doubt they may but at the end of the day all these terrorist groups are probably on speed dial with the higher ups in Western Intelligence organisations. If the USA want a job done inside their country (for arguments sake) - who do they get to do it? a foreign organisation so there's no trail back to the Govt. Thats how it works.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

There is evidence to suggest that Iran and more specifically it's Quds Force are activelly involved in recruiting and training terrorists.
It is also alleged that they have been actively involved in the sectarian conflict that is blighting Iraq and they have been accused of being involved in terrorist acivities in placed like the Kashmir, Kurdistan, Yemen etc.

Iran has funded and guided Hezbollah for quite some time.

Hezbollah were responsible for the vast majority of kidnappings during the Lebanon Hostage Crisis - it is undisputed that Iran was actively involved in the kidnappings and murders etc, exactly to what extent is still open to debate.
At the same time Hezbollah were also responsible for various bombings / hijackings / assassinations etc in places like Beirut, Argentina, Saudi Arabia etc.

I'm not saying Hezbollah are about to start a new terror bombing campaign in Europe - but to dismiss the warning outright could be folly given the history between Iran and Hezbollah and their objectives.

And I'm not totally convinced about all the false flag accusations or the complicit involvement of Intelligence Agencies in domestic attacks etc - some maybe, but not all.

Of course the interactions between all these groups / nations / agencies are complex and pretty much self-serving - Iran-Contra is evidence of this - and I doubt very much we will ever be privy to the true goings-on and dealings.

I don't know how much you know about the Lebanon Hostage Crisis and related issues but I'd thoroughly recommend reading up on it all - apart from the hostages themselves no-one comes out of it with much credit at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

The Olympics finishes today btw..... closing ceremony to come later.... I am predicting that NOTHING will happen tonight then all you doomsdayers who have been saying something nasty will happen in London will have to come out and admit you were wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by ronnieray123

@:
The kind of people i choose to hang with arn't hypocrites with double standards...
And there are many of us that prefer to walk quietly and carry a big stick

a straight answer would be nice

edit on 11-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Hows hanging out all alone working out for ya??? Because the people you describe do not exist, and you know it.
Each one of us are all of those things, to deny this as fact is declaring yourself on par with God himself.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

What evidence do you have that Iranian or Hizbollah terrorists sponsored by the Iranian Regrime are running around blowing up people outside the Middle East? No doubt they may but at the end of the day all these terrorist groups are probably on speed dial with the higher ups in Western Intelligence organisations. If the USA want a job done inside their country (for arguments sake) - who do they get to do it? a foreign organisation so there's no trail back to the Govt. Thats how it works.

I have no proof.......except the fact that they stand up and proudly claim I DID IT!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't think it is the point of whether Iran could or has carried out Terrorist attacks...I think the point is more to the fact ...they are already being set up as patsy if some attacks do occur...Iranians are not some angelic do gooder peoples...but Blaming for something that has not even happened is a prelude to them being the ones that become accused whether or not it was them who may have perpetrated the said act of violence....so they are already set up to take the fall.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I don't think it is the point of whether Iran could or has carried out Terrorist attacks...I think the point is more to the fact ...they are already being set up as patsy if some attacks do occur.

Because Bin Laden needed to be set up as a patsy beforehand.

Again - why I think stuff like this shouldn't be public. People like to believe they know things or have some kind of insight into the situation.

Which... is unfortunate that I feel this way because I do believe in the freedom of information and knowledge. I've just had too many personal experiences with events to later see the way the general population discusses them ... and it's disheartening.

In the course of my deployment, I've been near to a few incidents that have been aired on the news and I've watched quietly (for a number of reasons) the discussions about them. I don't chime in because I don't want to unwittingly reveal identities of individuals involved in specific events (whether they were correct or incorrect in their actions - people will think they are incorrect or just want to bug them for an interview)... and because there are Secret Squirrels who like to bite on opsec violations.

I've seen how, bluntly, ridiculous the discussions get and the opinions expressed over issues that will never affect the individuals involved. The airing of the events does nothing but stir controversy where there often is little to be had and provokes the spread and adoption of popular (but ignorant) opinions.

As much as I believe people have a right to know what their government does... I find my experiences to conflict with this ideal in a most disturbing way that I have not personally found a settling answer to.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I cannot conclude to know things...but one thing is certain...no matter what side of the picture one looks at in any situation, there is and always will be propaganda to sway public opinion on any given circumstance...which is why people should always try to look at things from all sides of any given scenario....I myself have been in some interesting real life situations which i have had to just talk my way out of trying to use reason...but it is hard to get people to just be diplomatic when assessing what they are being told by the Media...Iran is not innocent in what they do....But,do i believe them to be the center of evil to which they are portrayed....Afraid not...I believe the Zionist movement is the center of evil and the ones that all the world should be keeping an eye on...and not be swayed by the Zionist controlled Media that seems to be the black mass that is moving us further and further towards a totalitarian run world government.

Bin laden was blamed immediately by The Israeli government...Iraq was said to have huge amounts of WMD....but none of this was true...but it was useful to use to justify wars to the people and to sway public opinion enough to be swindled into such a belief.

I myself have looked into a lot of the Al qaeda propaganda...and it seems to me it was formed as part of the CIA backed stay behind army after Russians had given up their fight in Afghanistan....Also if one looks into heroin production It has risen 10 fold from the time after the Taliban...because IMHO you need unaccountable money to run black ops...and if the Taliban were actually getting an upper hand at reducing the heroin production it would have to be stopped as it was cutting into CIA black ops funding.....These are just things i have gathered from my researching....just as in the Vietnam War....the opium production was dropping....Therefore the war had to be sold to the public ....well yet another success....no one cared whether the wars themselves were a success all that matter was that the drug production was re-established....Success is not in the winning...the success is in the maintaining of the status quo.
edit on 023131p://f54Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Aim64C

.Iraq was said to have huge amounts of WMD....but none of this was true...but it was useful to use to justify wars to the people and to sway public opinion enough to be swindled into such a belief.

quo.
edit on 023131p://f54Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

Are you saying the recordings of sadaam ordering his troops to move the WMDs around was an Israeli trick to get us to attack??? The recordings he himself admitted were a ploy to make the Iranians believe it would be unwise to attack him.

I find you guilty of 1 count of falling for the same propaganda you told others not to fall for
and hereby sentence you to a life of ignorance with no hope of parole.
May God have mercy on your soul
This court is adjourned

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

wow I have no idea how you got that out of what i said...that is amazing...All i said about Iraq was to justify the war there is was a propaganda exercise....Amazing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

...they are already being set up as patsy if some attacks do occur...I

That may or may not be true but the fact remains that no-one would have been able to credibly set Iran and Hezbollah up as patsy's if they hadn't previously involved themselves in real terrorist activities that resulted in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands, of innocent people - you reap what you sow.

...but Blaming for something that has not even happened is a prelude to them being the ones that become accused whether or not it was them who may have perpetrated the said act of violence....

No-one's blaming them for anything, yet, that they haven't actually been involved in - and it makes perfect sense to take precautions against and monitor the activities of nations / organisations who have previously been involved in terrorism - imagine the criticism if Iran / Hezbollah carried out a terrorist attack on mainland Europe and it was revealed that no-one was monitoring their activities, accusations of incompetence and probably complicity would be all over the place.
Damend if they do and damned if they don't.

so they are already set up to take the fall.

Maybe so - and I don't for one minute condone that - but they haven't exactly helped themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Sir I quoted your own words, and now you deny saying them, or that what you so plainly had written means not what you said. I did not Read anything into your words, I merely read them.

Sadaam himself claimed to have these WMD, and you claimed it was all fabricated to justify a war.
We have a man who used WMD on citizens.........this alone is reason enough, on a human level, to not allow him the ability to remain alive....let alone to live in mansions and enjoy total luxury.
Now the reason that war was actually declared may not have been as noble, but that is not nearly as important as insuring he never does it again

You can deny what you posted. You can even say I miss interpreted your words if you like. But do not tell me Sadaam did not deserve the punishment he received. The entire machine he operated was inhumane and for what ever reason it took, needed to be dismantled.
Even Jesus tells us there are times to trade our plows for swords, and if stopping someone who has shown such disregard for life by using chemical weapons on people from ever doing it again is not one of those times, I can not imagine what is

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I simply hate and cannot trust anything the US government says anymore.

You make some valid points - but can you honestly say that our, the UK's, government is any better?
As far as I can see our politicians are as equally corrupt, amoral and self-advancing.

In fact I don't really know of many governments around the world that are much better - and it's a sad reflection of the human race that we allow these people to govern us.
edit on 12/8/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

I agree with you, the UK is also bad when it comes to government policies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join