It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns Europe to Prepare for Terrorist Attacks by Iranian-Backed Hezbollah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

quote]Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by jlm912

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Iran knows it cannot defeat the US, much less NATO and hence fight their wars through proxies.

Meaning that somebody makes a war unprofitable. The Revolutinary War comes to mind, amongst many others in more recent history.

The U.S government still has to pay reparation money to the crown since the revolutionary war so i would say that was pretty profitable for the British

edit on 11-8-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

You have to watch it in context with everything else.

Beyond that, I'm not going to argue with you about it. Take it or leave it.

Maybe one day people on earth can live without fear of war or terrorism. But I do not think we will ever know peace of that order. People fight too easily. We fight because it's in our nature.
edit on 11-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So Iran gets hit with 7 Eq's in one small time frame......coincidence?
would this require aid?
Just raised a red flag in my mind....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

Originally posted by jlm912

Iran knows it cannot defeat the US, much less NATO and hence fight their wars through proxies.

Meaning that somebody makes a war unprofitable. The Revolutinary War comes to mind, amongst many others in more recent history.

The U.S government still has to pay reparation money to the crown since the revolutionary war so i would say that was pretty profitable for the British

Can ya show me the legder on that and still not be offended when I refuse to pay.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Alright slow down there, colonel.

Please tell me, what "valuable resources" that Hezbollah has reportedly attacked that would give Iran an upper hand and motive for such a proxy attack.

The tragedies I know of that have been blamed on Iran and Hezbollah recently have taken priceless lives, indeed, but in terms of wartime resources and personnel: zip, zilch, nada.

Can you point to evidence otherwise to support your war of attrition theory?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

They are directing your attention from the actual agenda. Iran wants to be, again, the predominant power within the Middle East.

Not that the people want it, but the government wants it.

But if the government gets what they want, I guarentee you that the populace will follow along.

Combating "terrorism" bleeds money far worse than a actual war would. At least war has a end goal.
edit on 11-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have made a related thread.

Hope it's helpful

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jlm912

Iran wants to be, again, the predominant power within the Middle East.

For such a general claim, I am more than willing to concede that as highly likely. However, it does not at all explain your reasoning behind asserting that Iran is trying to wage attrition warfare through Hezbollah. It gives general motive, yes, but there's still the lack of evidence behind your claim.

In fact, the only war of attrition I see being waged is by Western powers through sanctions, assassinations of scientists, and such, Those actions actually carry behind them the indisputable goal of weakening Iran into submission. I see no solid proof of similar action from Iran, only attempts at self-preservation.

So I must respectfully disagree.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

Those acts of asymmetric warfare are definitely part of the warfare of attrition. But only a part, it goes far beyond this.

To conduct any type of warfare requires deep pockets. Kind of like gambling. But on a larger scale.

Eventually, someone goes broke.

Whoever goes broke first...loses.
edit on 11-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: upon further reflecting

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo
So America warns Europe of impending attack by Iran.
America attacks Europe as Iran terrorists.
Europe declares war to Iran.
America get's in the war train.
America profits.

Wouldn't be so bad...

...if we the people could buy shares

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This isn't breaking news,

Intelligence from the U.S. and Israel whisteled to Greece that some 20K Syrian refugee's are heading towards Greece via sea and land. It's no secret that Turkey is allowing this mass move but what noone is talking about is that amongst the estimated 20K refugee's there are several thousand so called merc's who's aim is exactly as the op's opening title is. In response Greece has sealed its borders to Turkey towards all refugee's and mobilezed the armed forces and boarder police via land and sea to hault any attempts to enter its country. Sadly and once again, Turkey is aiding in the mass movemant and Europe is well aware of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
So Iran gets hit with 7 Eq's in one small time frame......coincidence?
would this require aid?
Just raised a red flag in my mind....

Finely someone who sees it.

Sounds kinda like the Japan incident except for no tsunami.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
reply to post by taccj9903

My prediction on this one, will be an attack on London at the olympics, followed by a potential attack on canada ( we aren't quite on board but it would drive the country to a bloodlust far surpassing WW1 and 2 and it will be #ing crazy.) thirdly the US or if they have the #ing balls china or Russia, just to throw a kink in their backing the intended targets. How ever I predict a MW2 type scenario playing out if that went down.

The olympics makes the most sense. It's on British soil, so it will get immediate support from the English, as well as many of the nations involved with the games. How better to set the world aflame? It's a really ballsy move how ever, and I don't know if a terrorist group would really dare try it. Too many enemies to be made.

Sentence 1 - prediction about an olympics attack
sentence 2 - back tracking of prediction

Please make your mind up will there be an attack on the Olympics tomorrow (the last day). ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

The really sick thing is that these crystal ballers end up wanting and hope these
horrible things happen....
edit on 11-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If Hezbollah attacks anyone it would be Israel, because theyre right next door, not thousands of miles away and Iran's theocracy would really love for the world to gather against Israel and take them down a peg. Iran couldn't do anything by themselves in a war, so they have to get other people to fight for them and that's where the false flags from their end would come from and we all know by now that every side of the cube employs false flags. False flags are the new propaganda.
edit on 11-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is no credible evidence that iran is now, or has ever been a threat to anyone.
Unless of course you consider these misunderstandings threatening
Nov 4 1979- iran takes Americans hostages
1980 London-car bomb
April 1983-American embassy bombing in beirut
Aug 1983-Air France hijacking
Oct 1983-Marine base bombing beirut

and the list goes on and on and on, would you like to see more

They are and have been for decades not just the enemy of America, but the enemy of people all over the world.
If you want to go play patty cake with them, that is just fine
but remember one thing
The friend of my enemy is my enemy

The time to start picking sides is nearly upon us,
You can say you do not have to pick sides, but history shows us that those who do not,
are usually the first to go.
You better decide for your self before someone decides for you

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

So you would be ok with a foreign led and supported intervention and overthrow of the United States,who have commit acts of violence globally far far worse?
and are and have been for decades not just the enemy of Iran, but the enemy of people all over the world

The kind of people i choose to hang with arn't hypocrites with double standards...
And there are many of us that prefer to walk quietly and carry a big stick

a straight answer would be nice

edit on 11-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think Hippocrates maintained double-standards at all.....The two-tier health system is a modern invention!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Well you see, those who practice islam are in direct conflict with the words...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

There is nothing I have been able to do that puts islam in compliance with this, and with iran having shown itself over the decades to operate below the minimum standards that I have set for them, I have taken it upon myself to deem them unfit for existence.
I have no doubt that some very good people will perish because of this, but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make

I will no doubt armchair quarterback the coming conflict in the middle-east, but this is something I am very good at and will strive to maintain a level of excellence that is second to none.

I have been waiting 30 years for iran to receive punishment for taking my countrymen hostage, revenge served cold they say is sweetest, I hope to find out if this is true.
I feel no love, no pity and no empathy for iran. I care not why they get bombarded, only that they suffer to the point that the fear they put in those hostages for 444 days, and the suffering they imposed on the families of those people is returned to them 10 fold.
I am vindictive and I am without mercy.
I am judge and I am jury
I am hateful and I am a bigoted
And I hold a grudge
For 30 years I have waited to see justice served and for every bomb dropped I will celebrate
For every casualty reported I will rejoice
For every mother left without a son, every father without a heir, I will be pleased
Although the reasons this will happen are not the same as mine, it matters not
I will sleep better than I have in over 30 years knowing the score was finally settled and that the iranians who think themselves the most beloved of allah's children find out the hardest way possible that they are not loved at all and abandoned in the hours they need the protection of allah the most

Evil.....maybe
Spiteful.....most certainly
I am ready to accept any label you wish to bestow on me and wear it as a badge of honor
But I am not willing to pretend that iran is not deserving of a life filled with sorrow, despair and misery

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Tell us how you really feel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join