It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Warns They Will Shoot down Israeli Jets in an Iran Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Alahkbar English
Via, American LiveWire

In a surprising report, Saudi Arabia warns they will shoot Israeli jets in an Iran attack.

According to Alakhbar English News, Saudi Arabia has threatened to shoot down any Israeli aircraft that flies over its airspace in a unilateral attack on Iran, an Israeli newspaper reported on Thursday. In a report issued by the Israel newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth, Riyad relayed its warnings to the US, who then delivered those messages on their numerous trips to the controversial country.

According to the same report, Israel officials are taking the warnings as at attempt from the US to ensure that there will not be a unilateral strike on Iran nuclear facilities by Israel. However, while Saudi Arabia gave its warning, they also stated that they would support an attack that utilizes their airspace if it was coordinated by the US

Uh oh.. sounds like everyone is really starting to pick sides on this! Between the powderkeg in Syria and the whole Israel/Iran thing, its getting more heated by the day with others jumping in and defending Iran.. More so they, IMO, dislike Israel so much that they will do whatever to impede their ideas of attacking Iran.

At work so sorry short post, but

Thoughts?!?!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That puts the US in quite a spot in terms of providing support. The US has interests in both Israel and Saudi Arabia.

I agree that this news may effect the US willingness to support Israel, and by extension effect Israels willingness to persue armed conflict without their support.

edit on 10-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ummm the Saudis hate the Iranians. Im sure this is for doemstic consumption OR a false flag to give Iran "confidence" that israe wont fly over Saudi territory when in fact they may do just that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Seems wierd then eh? Do you think they hate Israel more than Iran?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think the last line of the OP article is the most telling here. The rest has nothing to do with anything other than posturing. What this boils down to is that the Saudis want a dog in this fight and access to some level of protection as well as treasure. With US coordination, they get the safety of being protected from any Iranian retalitory strikes (or at least some level of it) as well as the ability to dictate terms in both strike sites as well as post-action benefits.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
saudi arabia next in line after iran to become an coca-cola /mc donalds democraty???????

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I read this as Saudi playing all sides and hedging. They were put in a very bad spot awhile back with rumors of Israel having a fuel dump in the middle of their Empty Quarter. I'm SURE Saudi has no love whatsoever for Israel, but Shiite Iran is far more a threat, IMO. Israel can't threaten the Saudi Kingdom in any physical way.....Iran can and Saudi hates them, is the impression I've gotten.

We'll see how it goes but I definitely don't think Saudi is willing to take that all the way if it started...not over Israel going to attack the one people on Earth the Saudi Royal Family hates most. We'll all get to learn together. It may not be too much longer now.

I'll bet we see several alliance AND enemy situations become apparent that no one had expected.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would say the hate for both Iran and Israel are pretty similar however Saudi Arabia has lived with a nuclear Israel for 40 years but will NOT live with a nuclear Iran so in this case they may very well turn a blind eye to Israeli jets flying overhead to bomb Iran. SA has cooperated with Israel in the past.

Originally posted by Nspekta
reply to post by princeofpeace

Seems wierd then eh? Do you think they hate Israel more than Iran?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Agreed, hell couple years back there was talk/rumurs/reports they would look the other way if IDF jets used their airspace.

I think there was some reports that IDF jets were actually AT a remote airfield in Saudi. The Saudi's want Iran as a threat gone. The Saudi Arabs and the Persians can't stand each other. Same with Sunni and Shiites (same same as the previous). They just want a piece of the action or are trying to keep the populace happy. Or keep Iran guessing on how they will play out. Or posturing to make sure we put lots of Patriots in Saudi to protect vital infrastructure. They have no love whatsoever for Israel, but they know they have the better chance of taking out the Iranina program

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I don't think this is an act in defence of Iran If any strike is to happen there will be a lot of play and bankrolling going on to use other countries airspace, if you think you have Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Syria whom Israel is Still technically at war with and Turkey none of whom are on to friendly terms with Israel, Iran would have ample warning of any strike coming from Israel, which is where I believe the US would come into play in a 1st strike on Air defences missile sites radar and communications and command sites leaving the nuclear sites to Israel.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The last line is the most telling. They believe just like about everyone else on Earth that Isreal can't do a good enough job on their own. So the Saudi's are saying, look we don't want Iran with Nukes either, but we don't want a job half done. If the big boy comes to play (cover our back) it's OK.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Saudi warning is BS stance... if there were 30 some Israeli aircraft flying over Saudi airspace
the incident would be 'lost' in a mumble-jumble of excuses from Saudi that the radar sites were 'down' in a brown-out of electrical supply or some such lame excuse.

the 12th Imam sect of Revolutionary Guards in Iran (Persia) have a prediction that at the time that King Abdullah dies is exactly whats is needed for the Mahdi to appear.

in the last month or more--- 2 of the heirs-of-succession to the Saudi Kings throne have ~went to their reward~

the Saudi kingdom sees themselves as the predominant regional power there in the ME and the Eur-Asian region with the likes of both Iran & Turkey as their subordinates...
just wait till mid 2013 or 2014 when the Saudi led gulf states coins their own Gold Dinar to supplant the petro-dollar,,,, so
my thinking is that this warning to a unilateral Israel expedition is maneuvering the USA into a battle it does not want at this time but will eventually lead to a distinct disadvantage of the USA, full-spectrum, hegemony in the area...including the USD
edit on 10-8-2012 by St Udio because: A

i return to the prophecy that in Daniel... theres a verse where it relates: the two kings resolved on evil will sit at the table and exchange Lies... this sounds like any combination of nations -> Iarael-USA
USA-Saudi Arabia, Saudi-Israel.... with Persia being involved as an antagonist rather than being a King-of-the-North, or the King-of-the-South
edit on 10-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
May all be wise to discern that all these are only HYPOTHETICAL situations, just as hypothetical as Iran having nuclear weapons, HumanSlayer Assad is an angel whose bombings upon civilians is no crime.

Posting this so that the Iranian apostate propoganda teams need not spew their filth here further.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
May all be wise to discern that all these are only HYPOTHETICAL situations, just as hypothetical as Iran having nuclear weapons, HumanSlayer Assad is an angel whose bombings upon civilians is no crime.

Posting this so that the Iranian apostate propoganda teams need not spew their filth here further.

Damn... Feeling a little hateful today? I sure don't get intimidated about posting. I'll be writing a new thread and trying to have the first one as the Apocalypse is upon us. Heck, someone has to rate the horses they ride in on and take pics, or it isn't happening right?

Kinda harsh for people who are new though... One might even feel like posting isn't something wise to do if the opinion doesn't fit. There has been a couple topics in the last week or more where people have outright posted that if the opinion isn't right, people can shut up or leave (or a nicer version)....that's getting very disturbing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am wondering exactly with who's Army is Saudi Arabia going to shoot down anything?
Having not been there in about `12 years, did they buy an Army? Grow an Army? Make an Army using magic?

somebody help me out here!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Israel will fly over Saudi Arabia anyways and I doubt Saudi Arabia will even be able to do anything about it. But it is pretty interesting. Unless the US says its ok for Israel to attack Iran they aren't going to allow it over their skys.

Could be a attempt to make Iran think Saudi Arabia is neutral. Keeping themselves out of the fray. THey could be giving tacit support to Iran. They could be saying this because they have a secret deal with the US and Israel where they will let them fly over their country. That way Iran will be looking the other way when the armada of aircraft fly in to take out their radar and Ground to Air stations.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Saudi is no Super-Power....and I doubt they'd take Israel even if both could dedicate everything they had at once, which neither could because of other threats each have. Having said that.. Well, as I understand it, Saudi has a real troop problem. As in, they don't really have much with discipline as ...any modern army might know the term.

They do have hardware though. No one can fault the shakey house of Saud for buying dozens of something when a few would do.

Military Strength of Saudi Arabia

Now they just need the manpower that could make all that do something useful.. Anyway, I do think Saudi will yell and scream in public while very private sending Israel a thank you note.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Israel will blackmail the US!

'' you go in and do it with us, or we go in alone with nukes.. and we'll make sure you get a bloody nose for your disrespect! ''

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

just how can Israeli jets pass through the Saudi to reach Iran ! Israel is in north. and Saudi is in south of Iran. moreover such sentences does not go with their policies and Jihad in Syria !

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

It's a tangled web they weave when first, they learn to deceive. Wise words..even if I did change one or two.

Israel pretty well HAS to cross Saudi Arabia or, they better have some nifty Naval assets down along the Coast of Yemen that no one has connected to them. The reason is real simple....as much as I focus in my own material on this being about Tehran/Qom and that region and NOT the Gulf region being the heart of the action and where it all has to be for this....it's also very fair to say that the Gulf cannot be ignored either.

They both need handled and at the same time. Same day. Heck, same HOUR would be nice, or Iran can use the strength of no damage in one those two areas to obliterate whatever attacked them. In the case of the Gulf..Iran has always fancied Bahrain, if the opportunity presented itself on a platter as a gift, IMO.

As for Syria... Oh.. there is where it's one of those Webs so complex they shoot pictures of them and put 'em on nature magazine covers. Israel has to worry about BOTH, because when the balloon goes up on this show..IF Syria is still functional..They'll be right beside Iran, hitting Israel with everything they have. I'd look for Syria to be supplying ground and air forces while Iran's job would seem to be Missiles and raising 10 forms of hell in the Gulf so America and other nations are almost 100% dedicated to just keeping the World Tanker fleet moving and not being sunk on whims of the shore battery commanders.

It's gonna be a wild one!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join