It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Australian's Hate America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I never thought that Australians hated Americans. I believe most Americans would speak very highly of our friends 'down under'. America likes Australia!

There may be several very vocal and occupationally-challenged individuals on ATS who delight in constantly ranting against Americans on a regular basis, but in reality, they are merely an obsessively locquacious minority...similar, in fact, to the propagandized-ranting Assad and Ahmadinejad fan clubs here.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I never thought that Australians hated Americans. I believe most Americans would speak very highly of our friends 'down under'. America likes Australia!

There may be several very vocal and occupationally-challenged individuals on ATS who delight in constantly ranting against Americans on a regular basis, but in reality, they are merely an obsessively locquacious minority...similar, in fact, to the propagandized-ranting Assad and Ahmadinejad fan clubs here.

let's face it, with us yanks, and you aussies, kiwis, brits, and canucks, we're all pretty much the same, it's just that our governments cater to the wealthy in each of our countries, and we regular laugh-a-lots get screwed in the process...one thing i DO KNOW, rupert murdock is one mean S.O.B. that created alot of these "you versus us" mentality in our countries...maybe you aussies can one day, take him and his sons down to the ocean and introduce him to some nice big great whites.
edit on 10-8-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I have but one question:

What is it with the American obsession with the word "hate"?

And here's some fun:

I don't know about the last one being an example of racism. But, it is clearly a generalization and everybody who generalises is an idiot.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
uhhmm...what is a "drop bear" ...i have never heard that term before...is that some kind of racist name for the aboriginals?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
uhhmm...what is a "drop bear" ...i have never heard that term before...is that some kind of racist name for the aboriginals?

No there are other terms for that use. Drop Bears are like the Koala Bear's fictitious evil cousin.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Wrong. I'll post the evidence if you want. People in opposition to America are not in the minority, no matter how much you say it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have said this before and I'm sure I will again after this.
I dislike this countries government as well. I love the people in the USA (for the most part) but I loathe what we have come to stand for. I don't like getting lumped in when I hear people from other countries talk about expletive Americans. I take offense because I don't hold the values that people think ALL Americans hold. I don't value money over everything. I am not mesmerized by the media, I hate politics and think American politics are the most corrupt of any nation and I greatly value other cultures and viewpoints. So when I get viewed as a worthless American I get a little pissy. If you want to bash our government go for it. Join the club but get in the BACK of the line because us Americans get to bash first. We have to live here.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
I have said this before and I'm sure I will again after this.
I dislike this countries government as well. I love the people in the USA (for the most part) but I loathe what we have come to stand for. I don't like getting lumped in when I hear people from other countries talk about expletive Americans. I take offense because I don't hold the values that people think ALL Americans hold. I don't value money over everything. I am not mesmerized by the media, I hate politics and think American politics are the most corrupt of any nation and I greatly value other cultures and viewpoints. So when I get viewed as a worthless American I get a little pissy. If you want to bash our government go for it. Join the club but get in the BACK of the line because us Americans get to bash first. We have to live here.

Which is part of the problem. You've been indoctrinated to defend America at all costs, even when you know other people are right.

Generally speaking Americans are idiots. Why take offense if it's true? When people talk about expletive Americans they're not talking about you, so why are you offended?

When people insult English people for something that doesn't apply to me I'm not offended. If someone says "eh you #ing poms are always whinging, and you have a superiority complex", that doesn't offend me. I'd imagine it offends someone who whinges alot and has said complex, but it doesn't apply to me and therefore doesn't offend me.

Why are good Americans, such as yourself, so quick to defend the idiot majority?

That's why you come in for so much flak, you do it yourself. If I want to bash your government I will, and if I want I'll also bash the typical American for promoting such a system.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Big deal who doesn't hate us nowadays?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

You obviously didn't read my post. Try again.

I, in no way, defended America. I am NOT indoctrinated. I DISLIKE my country as it is at this point in history. I cannot defend the actions of the psychopaths in charge nor will I try. What I said, if you would have read the post, is that I do not like being lumped together with the rest of the idiots in my country. I have NOTHING in common with the flag waiving, bible thumping, warmongering dips**ts that I have the misfortune of being in the vicinity of. I am an American by accident. My parents conceived and birthed my here and I am poor so I am stuck. The end of the post stated that I, being American, get first whack at complaining about this country because I have to live here. I have to watch my people go around burning and pillaging brown people all over the planet with no way to stop it. I get to be considered part of the psychopathy. And no matter how loud I yell or how compelling my argument is that I am not like that I STILL get crap like this.

STOP ASSUMING ALL AMERICANS ARE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE TELEVISION. YOU ARE BEING LIED TO.
I see on this site every day posts from people harping about how the media can't be trusted and they lie about everything yet you still form opinions about people you do not know from what you see on it. Talk to a normal American. Hell, talk to me, I am confident that you will see that we aren't ALL money hungry, violent, blubbery, morons. Most of us (at least the ones I know) are some mixture of conservative and liberal, we like being able to afford comfort and to be able to pay our bills, we enjoy hanging with people we care about and can live perfectly peacefully with any reasonable human being. I don't care what country you come from, what color your skin is, what religion you subscribe to, what music you like or what sport you watch. If you are nice to me I will be nice to you. There is plenty of room for all of us.

So, what was that about indoctrination??? Maybe you better think before you speak next time.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am an American and I have been to Australia 12 times, on both coasts (Perth and Sydney). I have never had a bad experience there, in fact I would love to live there. Australians are very kind and proud people, and they have a great sense of humor, and the women are GORGEOUS. I think you are generalizing. You should ask "Why do Australian's on ATS hate America?" I think it is safe to say that ATS attracsts the extremists from all sides in every society. Most normal, average people don't come to ATS. I have been all over the world and the common denominator I find is that people from other countries don't hate America... they hate our government. They hate how our military is used to police the globe and they wish that we would mind our own business. They are usually shocked to find that I agree with them.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You obviously didn't read my post. Try again.

I, in no way, defended America. I am NOT indoctrinated. I DISLIKE my country as it is at this point in history. I cannot defend the actions of the psychopaths in charge nor will I try. What I said, if you would have read the post, is that I do not like being lumped together with the rest of the idiots in my country. I have NOTHING in common with the flag waiving, bible thumping, warmongering dips**ts that I have the misfortune of being in the vicinity of. I am an American by accident. My parents conceived and birthed my here and I am poor so I am stuck. The end of the post stated that I, being American, get first whack at complaining about this country because I have to live here. I have to watch my people go around burning and pillaging brown people all over the planet with no way to stop it. I get to be considered part of the psychopathy. And no matter how loud I yell or how compelling my argument is that I am not like that I STILL get crap like this.

STOP ASSUMING ALL AMERICANS ARE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE TELEVISION. YOU ARE BEING LIED TO.
I see on this site every day posts from people harping about how the media can't be trusted and they lie about everything yet you still form opinions about people you do not know from what you see on it. Talk to a normal American. Hell, talk to me, I am confident that you will see that we aren't ALL money hungry, violent, blubbery, morons. Most of us (at least the ones I know) are some mixture of conservative and liberal, we like being able to afford comfort and to be able to pay our bills, we enjoy hanging with people we care about and can live perfectly peacefully with any reasonable human being. I don't care what country you come from, what color your skin is, what religion you subscribe to, what music you like or what sport you watch. If you are nice to me I will be nice to you. There is plenty of room for all of us.

So, what was that about indoctrination??? Maybe you better think before you speak next time.

No. You misunderstood me.

I'm not lumping you in with the idiot Americans I speak about, you're lumping yourself in with them. When I speak, generally, about Americans, I do not refer to you, unless you're an idiot American. You're the one putting yourself in with the idiots.

What's so difficult to understand about that? I know there are good Americans, I have many American friends online, I have friends IRL that are American. I'm not against all Americans, I dislike Americans generally.

You seem to think that a general slight on Americans is a slight on you. Because you're brainwashed. You've been trained to think that somebody slighting Americans then they're slighting you. I'm not slighting you. Maybe now I might slight you because you are proving yourself to be a git. But before that when I say "Americans are stupid" or "Americans are greedy" or "Americans are brainwashed" or "Americans are warmongers", I refer to the general majority who are stupid, are greedy, are brainwashed, and are warmongers. Any Americans that are not are therefore excluded.

I still cannot understand why you're offended. Why are you offended on behalf of the idiotic majority in America?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'm calling troll.

I specifically said I do not lump myself with them. YOU said that. You WANT me to be brainwashed so you can make some silly little, uneducated point. So, again, You are a troll and will not be get a further response.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm calling troll.

I specifically said I do not lump myself with them. YOU said that. You WANT me to be brainwashed so you can make some silly little, uneducated point. So, again, You are a troll and will not be get a further response.

You might say that you aren't lumping yourself with them, but by taking issue with someone having qualms with the average American, that's in fact exactly what you're doing - whether you know it or not.

As for trolls. Dismissing somebody with a different opinion as a troll is rather trollish, if I do say so. I suppose it beats being called a "hater"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

I have Aussie buddies who don't give a **** about where you're from. If you're not an absolute idiot, they're cool with you. As for Spruk: I don't know who you've been talking to, but I'm thinking you should stop hanging around mentally deficient uneducated morons...

Because most of that stereotyping and assumption crap you just posted was debunked by 5th grade.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
It breaks down to this.

Aussie Footballers play without helmets.

American Footballers play with helmets.

Aussies think they are more manly because of this.

American Football is more popular than Aussie Rules.

That's it.

Yup.

It's that simple.

Yeah, but they are both crap games....................

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Thank you for the fiction. Now here is the real reason The US entered WWI :- The US had huge economic investments with the British and French. If they were to lose, then they would not be able to pay the U.S. debt back (amounting to about two billion dollars while Germany only borrowed a mere 27 million). If the Allies could not pay back all the loans made to them by the American bankers, the US economy could collapse. France and England were financing their war with US loans. In addition, they were buying massive amounts of arms from the US on credit. The US wanted to make sure that it got paid back. Germany also purchased arms, but in a much more limited fashion.

You do realize that Germany declared war on the US on December 11th, 1941. The US never declared war on Germany. So your whole basis is faulty

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

Well I would not say you could speak for the majority of a country you may have made some Aussies upset. I am pretty sure ive managed to upset someone from nearly every country with an internet connection on xbox live dont sweat the small stuff man keep an open mind and be yourself you cant please the masses always.

Im not Australian however some things I do know Fosters isnt Australian for beer according to some its Australian for a bodily function. All Aussies do not drive a Subaru outback have "shrimp on the barbie" nor do they all own the Crocodile Dundee collection.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

After the last hate-fest, I thought everything was cool with our aussie cousins down under.

What the heck?

Why can't we all just come together and despise the french?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

No. I do have to wonder though, why your mind immediately went there?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join