I'm not too sure why this is in the prophercies forums, but hey i'll bite.
I'll take this in the two standard parts as i usually do:
1. "All Australians 'hate' Americans"
- So here goes, Not all Australian's hate Americans, I dislike the minority of Americans who believe the following:
1. That we ride kangaroos
2. That we have "Drop Bears"
3. Think we are mostly like Steve Irwin
4. Think that the rest of us are like Crocodile Dundee
5. That Australia itself is apart of Europe geographically (yes, this comes up)
6. That we speak good English
7. You can walk from one side of the country to the other in a "few days"
Pretty much most of the "hate" is generated by ignorance of our culture(s). You know how sick of answering "So, whats your pet kangaroo's name?"
and if i ride him/her/it to work each day? Couple that with the recent activities in Iraq and Afganistan, having "patriotic" Americans boucing up
and down about how the Australian Defence Force (ADF) has done "nothing", is also pretty grating and I'm sure your marines and other American
military personal on the ground over in Afganistan and Iraq would beg to differ.
I'll use this ONLY as examples from international printed press, many countries spin the line that we are "mini-America" or we are a country full
of drunk, lazy louts or a bunch of racists, that also gets on our collective nerves.
The last thing that cracked me up recently in a debate about world war 2, apparently Australian troops where getting slaughtered until the Americans
re-enforced us, yes i was told this was fact despite using my lovely tablet to prove otherwise.
In the end its how we are perseved in other countries, some TV personalities certainly do us no favors, and of course people remember people like
Steve Irwin, yet forget the true patriotic Australians who helped shape this country into what she is today.
2. "The picture" - LOL! Love it, shame we have no space program, and we could say that NASA uses us to relay things like the Apollo program and the
Mars rover program? So perhaps the image should be NASA borrowing our phone?
(note, this is intended as a joke, not as a realistic view)