It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mass killing no one talked about

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Either way... I find it to be extremely reflective and telling of our mainstream media.

It is much more profound than that. Is is reflective an telling of human nature, mainstream media just following it in its footsteps.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It was all over the news, yo. Plus was a traffic accident.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It did make the news...

Various outlets reporting it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although the source seems to have dissapeared. Either way, it was covered.

~Tenth

As tenth said, it did make the news. I heard about this on local radio in VA. But as you correctly pointed out, It doesn't fit the media and leftist goal of reducing guns. So it didn't gain much attention. I could actually kill more people at a parade with a Hummer than I could with a gun, but that doesn't fit the ban guns narrative.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also doesn't fit, granted, we don't get a lot of news about going on's in China but if a teen can kill 9 people with a knife there, the same thing can happen here.

The difference will be if we have a civilian with a gun that can stop him.

Too many gun Laws Increase crime, not the other way around.
edit on 11-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well I certainly don't care about it. Pretty boring news story.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Various outlets reporting it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............no there isn't actually .. there was only 1 on the link that reported it...

not sure where you're coming up with 'various' .. to me various= 4-5 minimum news agencies.........but, since they all get their news now from each other and Copy & Paste .. everyone prolly has it now.. right?

might wanna double check your wordage before posting eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14
As tenth said, it did make the news. I heard about this on local radio in VA. But as you correctly pointed out, It doesn't fit the media and leftist goal of reducing guns. So it didn't gain much attention. I could actually kill more people at a parade with a Hummer than I could with a gun, but that doesn't fit the ban guns narrative.

I has little to do with gun control. In my country guns are already controlled. The shooting was all over the news. Last year there was a similar shooting in my country, which was also all over the news. The motive for the media attention can't possibly gun control. This subject is just very appealing to many people. It shocks people, it angers people and it scares people.

Too many gun Laws Increase crime, not the other way around.

You are right, but the crime that increases is illegal gun possession. Not murder or gunned robberies.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

I has little to do with gun control. In my country guns are already controlled. The shooting was all over the news. Last year there was a similar shooting in my country, which was also all over the news. The motive for the media attention can't possibly gun control. This subject is just very appealing to many people. It shocks people, it angers people and it scares people.

You are right, but the crime that increases is illegal gun possession. Not murder or gunned robberies.

I must disagree. I do believe you are correct in that it shocks people, and they want to know more, and that is one reason it makes so many headlines. The other reason, is for Gun control, both reporters and politicians will, without fail, bring up the topic of gun control following one of these mass shooting events. They are doing this to see if it is popular enough yet, to strip away more of our 2nd amendment.
I also believe this was the whole motive for the Fast and Furious gun running scandal, and why I don't completely write off the multiple shooter conspiracy theories for both recent mass shootings.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

I don't disagree that politicians and media abuse subjects like these to forward their agenda. But my point it that they pick subjects that are popular to start with, and then start spewing their nonsense. They don't make these subjects popular themselves, they already are. Proof of that is that in my country, where there already is gun control, and no one is using such events to forward their agenda (at least not on a large scale), these subjects still get a lot of media attention. Way more than car accidents.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I heard plenty about this. It was all over the news when it happened. It just didn't stick around as long because there aren't as many questions.. like motive or "hey why did this guy kill these people" when it's an accident where a guy wrecked an overstuffed truck.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
reply to post by CalebRight14

I don't disagree that politicians and media abuse subjects like these to forward their agenda. But my point it that they pick subjects that are popular to start with, and then start spewing their nonsense. They don't make these subjects popular themselves, they already are. Proof of that is that in my country, where there already is gun control, and no one is using such events to forward their agenda (at least not on a large scale), these subjects still get a lot of media attention. Way more than car accidents.

I couldn't agree more, Star for you, because you hit the nail on the head.

That is the way it works.
edit on 12-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join