It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mass killing no one talked about

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is not politically expedient, and serves no purpose for gun grabbing liberals, much less any purpose for getting Democratic votes in November. But the biggest mass killing of all wasn't in Colorado. Nope.

On July 22, less than 48 hours after the Colorado shooting, a Mexican coyote lost control of his Ford F-250 pick-up truck at high speed on Highway 59 outside of Goliad and killed 14 of the 22 Central Americans on board. Most had been laid out on the truck bed like sardines.

The driver, 22-year-old Ricardo Mendoza-Pineda, died in the crash as well. As the responders discovered the hard way, he was the only person on the truck with ID, in his case a driver’s license from the Mexican state of Tamaulipas.

“This is coming as news to many of your viewers,” I told the show’s host. “This was a criminal act that resulted in 15 deaths. And no one wants to talk about it because it has no useful political value for the people who determine what’s news and what’s not.”

www.wnd.com...

So does a mass killing have to happen in a hail of bullets nowadays to make the news? I mean dead is dead. And illegal is illegal. Not undocumented... ILLEGAL. And this happened during the commission of a crime, just like Colorado. Die by the gun or die by the wheel, you're still dead, and dead because of crime. Well yes, I am sorry it didn't happen in such theatrical fashion. I am sorry there is no political value to the story. I am sorry it was just an accident that occurred while committing a crime.

So let's examine your excuse that "Oh, well it was just an accident...That can happen to anyone anytime."

Can it? I mean how many people's pickup trucks are overloaded with illegals besides the coyotes and construction bosses? Is yours? Didn't think so. And note that if it did happen to a construction boss, then is it legal to hire illegal immigrants in that state? Hmm. Maybe not. No, probably not. So he'd be committing a crime when the accident happened too.

So now what are you left to argue with?

I thought that was a pretty decent article by WND, illustrating again the bias of media agenda.
edit on Thu Aug 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It did make the news...

Various outlets reporting it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although the source seems to have dissapeared. Either way, it was covered.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think it is pretty well understood by the majority of people on this site, that the MSM is so completely one-sided and biased that a very large chunk of what they talk about is tossed aside like spoiled milk.

There is almost no credibility left in the talking heads, and when they do say something that means anything, it is so coded and double-spoke (speaked? spoken?) that it is missed or totally disregarded.

If we could find a way to show the folks that still cling to Channel X like it's their only hope for news, that they were in fact being shown half truths and outright lies, then I think that we'd actually have real change.

Seeing as how we (awakened folks?) don't necessarily have the resources to do such things, how would you go about alerting the rest of the masses? This site is a great start, but, I doubt many of them have heard of it, and I highly doubt they'd believe anything they read here.

So how can we show them that their cake is a lie?

ETA - I know this is a bit off topic, and I am ranting. Apologies.
edit on 9-8-2012 by RicketyCricket because: Im a dummy.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well TTTP, If you want to then, shut the thread down, but I think it's fair to say the story got nowhere near the attention the Colorado killings did. And that's a bit of an understatement. I didn't even see that thread, and this is the first I had heard of it. I did search ATS for this story's title.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If the driver intended to kill the passengers, it's a killing.

Otherwise, it's just an accident.

Apples and oranges. Thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

A death that occurs during the commission of a felony is felony murder. One can easily argue they were committing a felony, therefore . . .

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
If the driver intended to kill the passengers, it's a killing.

Otherwise, it's just an accident.

Apples and oranges. Thanks for playing.

Last I checked, death doesn't care about intent. Dead is dead. And crime is crime. If those illegals hadn't ALL been committing the crime, which is by default a conspiracy, they'd be alive today.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

And how many innocent lives were lost in this accident? None.

Again, the two situations are vastly different.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Not at all.

Your thread provides some great insight into the media and what it covers. That other thread I linked had nothing to do with that

I just wanted to point out that some outlets had covered it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It was probably that damned Roadrunner. Meep meep.

I saw it covered and there was a little segment about it on the local radio. Sad loss of life and what not. Still, poo happens and I think it odd to liken it to a shooting spree. I do like your threads though, they are always well done.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
there is many incidents/accidents that have a huge death toll
ie: plane crashes being one of the biggest
so the OPs title is correct "mass killing" = mass deaths
but the OP shouldnt be put side by side with "mass murder"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Like the snip said, what is shown in the news is orchestrated, the US government has officials directly inside each news organization's board, this is not a secret at all, but just not very well known.

People need to realize this fact, the news is all controlled by US government. The free press thingy is just rhetoric similar to "freedom", "freedom of expression" etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What about the mass killings from the USA on the countries we are supposedly at war with?? They never make the news either and we kill innocent civilians and mothers and children daily!!

You won't see that in the news either!! They only let us hear what they want us to hear.....
edit on 8/10/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I hate to be blunt, but it is pretty obvious that a man blazing through a cinema shooting up all that is within his sight is a little bit more newsworthy than an RTA.

Doesn't make it any less sad, but the priority is a little different.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

And this thinking (^^^^^^^^) is why we are where we are now!! What is the difference??

KILLING IS KILLING......PERIOD!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by binkman

And this thinking (^^^^^^^^) is why we are where we are now!! What is the difference??

KILLING IS KILLING......PERIOD!!!

youre being stubborn, hes aggreing that "killing is killing". his POINT is, there are priorities on which is "more newsworthy".

and hes right, just like the NEWS doesnt talk about kids dying of starvation or exhaustion or dehydration...

we have other orgs with commercials about it, but news doesnt cover that either. there is a hierarchy to what gets shown to the public. and an illegal immegrant runner dying and killing his "clients" isnt up there with a mass shooting... its just how it works.

but as he said, "it doesnt make it less sad", it is sad, as i think i heard there were kids in that truck. kids that may or may not have known they were commiting a crime by being in the truck, and DEFINATELY didnt know the risk involved.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

You are trying to back him up and I respect that.....

But your examples are terrible!! Kids dying of starvation is not murder!! Killing people whether it is 1 person or 40.....What is the difference?? Other than the amount of people dead??

Someone killed someone else, and that should make the news or there is a cover-up for some reason!! An innocent life being taken by another human is looked upon as not important in today's society!!

All I am saying is why are there news stories more important than others??? Just because of the attention it will get because it is 40 people instead of only just 1??

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You can call it a "mass accident" or "mass deaths" but in realty it's not murder so I don't necessarily classify it as killings even though they were "killed" in an accident...does that even make sense what I just said, lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Are you seriously trying to compare murder to a traffic accident, and that the act of entering the country illegally is on par to scope of derangement that occurred in Colorado?

Seriously, that's really funny. 10/10 would laugh again

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

All I am saying is why are there news stories more important than others??? Just because of the attention it will get because it is 40 people instead of only just 1??

How many road traffic accidents happen around the world in a day? Many thousands. If the news reported only on things like that, they wouldn't have time to brainwash us.

In any case, you are commenting with an attitude that would be appropriate only if the crash was completely ignored when actually, it was on the news.

That's it. It really is as simple as that. Any other confusion about this matter can only be blamed on your misunderstanding of the concepts surrounding notability and priority.

The car crash was sad, but not worthy of the same level of news coverage as the cinema shooting.

I expect your belligerent "but WHY was it less notable" comment shortly.
edit on 10-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join