It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arpaio's Approval Rating Sinks to 53% Amid Birth Certificate Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's support waned after the recent revelations of his investigation into President Barack Obama's birth certificate, a poll released Thursday says.

The telephone poll of 600 likely voters concluded Arpaio's favorability rating dropped to 53 percent, and about 65 percent of respondents disapproved of the sheriff's investigating the president's birth certificate.

[url=http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/2012/08/02/20120802poll-arpaio-approval-rating-sinks-amid-birth-certificate-probe.html]Source[/ur l]

Since the beginning of Arpaio's investigation into Obama's past he has always claimed the only reason he is doing it is because it was requested of him by his constituents. Yet this poll shows that his approval rating has dropped by more than 7% since 2008 and one of the chief reasons is because of his investigation into Obama's past. Could it be that Arpaio has a racially or financially motivated ulterior motive like has been suggested by his detractors since the beginning? This recent poll certainly makes that seem like a strong likelihood. I wonder how far his approval rating will drop after the current lawsuit against and the other two cases awaiting trial

ETA: For some reason the source doesn't want to link. There should be no problem just copy and pasting in the URL though.
edit on 8/7/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Racially motivated??? Obama is half white.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Your point being? Arpaio is 80 years old. He grew up in a time when it didn't matter if someone was half-white/half-black. As long as they looked black they were black.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Your point being? Arpaio is 80 years old. He grew up in a time when it didn't matter if someone was half-white/half-black. As long as they looked black they were black.

THAT is racist. Obama is just as much white as he is black.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
600 people hardly represent the nation, lol. I think Apraio is wasting his time, but I approve of him investigating it; after all, if the president is a natural born citizen, he has nothing to hide and Arpaio's findings will put an end to this nonsense. If the sheriff can prove Obama is illegible for presidency, then that also puts an end to this nonsense.

Besides, who cares about his approval rating? He's not running for public office, lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Exactly my point. Prior to the Civil Rights Act (after even) it didn't matter what a person's ancestry was as long as they looked like a certain race they were treated like that race. That's the world in which Arpaio grew up. Do you really think 40+ years of programming is going to be undone overnight? Especially when the person you're dealing with flaunts his un-PC-ness?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I bet Obama wishes he had a 53% approval rating.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Sheriff is a public office. Arpaio has a reelection coming up this Fall so he can't really afford to have his numbers slipping like this. On top of that, with the current and upcoming lawsuits, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hispanic population of Maricopa County (who live in fear of Arpaio) shows up on election day in record numbers. Arpaio's going to have a tough time of it if he hopes to keep his job for another four years.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"telephone poll of 600 voters"

Maricopa County ( /ˌmærɨˈkoʊpə/ marr-i-koh-pə) is located in the south-central part of the U.S. state of Arizona. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,817,117, the most populous in the state,[1] which ranks fourth among the nation's counties and is greater than the population of 23 states.[2] Maricopa County is also one of the largest counties in the United States by area having a land area greater than that of seven states.

en.wikipedia.org...

I understand that there are some that are tired of the investigations, but 600 out of 3,800,000 plus doesn't sound like a large poll number. Just my opinion....

We'll see this fall when he runs for re-election [6th term] where he stands with the people.
Either he's in or he's out...
edit on 7-8-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Obama's approval rating sits consistently around 50%. It may go up or down but for the most part that it sticks right around 50%. This is good for him since this is still within the levels a President wants if he hopes to get reelected.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Dear Xcalibur254,

Please allow me to pick a nit. Gallup currently has him at 45%, Real Clear Politics' collection of polls shows only one that gets up to 50% since July 1. That poll is identified by Real Clear Politics as a Democrat poll. No big deal.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Could it be that those 7 per cent are democrats and NOW don't like the way things have been heading when earlier they didn't have a dog on the fight?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If it hadnt been for his "investigation" into obama, I never would have heard of this guy, so maybe its a publicity stunt?

top topics

join