It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Top Ten UFO Books?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Case For The UFO by J.K. Jessup
True UFO Acounts by David Godwin
Flying Saucers and the Straight-Line Mystery by Aime Michel
They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers by Gray Barker
The Riddle Of The Flying Saucers by Gerald Heard
Space, Gravity and The Flying Saucer by Lenard G. Cramp - Interesting read
Flying Saucers on the Attack by Harold T. Wilkins
Recently read The Day After Roswell by Col. Philip J. Corso, Millennial Hospitality by Charles James Hall, The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla has some interesting UFO stuff in it also, and the Secret Journey To Planet Serpo. Don't know what to think about some of these later ones but they were great reads. Could hardly put them down.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

yeah and the hard paperback for Passport To Magonia is pretty amazing, it's an alien changing different masks, i'm about to finish and my mind is blown.

I will try to buy more from him, amazing writer

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: angstwatcher13

Nice.
Just got a cool copy of John A Keels Operation Trojan Horse. The slip of paper inside says "Abacus 1973 first paperback edition £20" but that's not what I paid. Its got an optical illusion on the cover that's a bit hard on the eyes but its in good condition and I'm looking forward to reading that. Its about time.

Tonight I'll finish Light Years which is the Billy Meier story. So far its not been the best book I've read but Meier gets written about in so many books that give you a condensed version of events. A few pages here and there doesn't do the job for me so its nice to get the full story, at least as far as 1987, and see how it all really started.

Got a ton more stuff that I've ordered online so eagerly awaiting the postman.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

I've only read a few books about UFOs, but I really enjoyed John Keel's "Mothman Prophecies" and Jim Marrs' "Alien Agenda." It looks like there's a lot of neat recommendations in this thread. I think I might buy something by Jacques Vallee or Raymond Fowler soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Passport to Magonia sticks out for me

originally posted by: usmc0311
The first one I ever read was Chariots of the Gods by Erik Von Daniken. Intersting book. I also have quite few of Zecheria Sitchins books. The Twelvth Planet was a good read. Who knows how accurate his work is but the read it interesting to say the least.

Have to respectfully disagree. The whole ancient aliens thing, at least the way it's presented in Von Danikens book and the history series, has been thoroughly disproven. Daniken made millions pointing to weird things in the ancient world and blaming aliens.

And Sitchins work has been proven to be fraudulent. I suggest you check out the work of Dr.Michael Heiser.

edit on 3-4-2016 by LinkZelda because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

I've been scooping up as many as I can find but I could kick myself.
Saw a copy of Harmonic 695 going for sale at£6.97 but decided on a few others and put a watch on it.
Was going to buy it this week but someone must've had a word with the seller....its now £105!!!
That's a" buy it now " item not one that's been bidded up.
Shoulve just blooming well got it straight away.
That's another lesson learned.

Anyway, next up is Alfred Budden Psychic Close Encounters.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Flying Saucers--Serious Business, by Frank Edwards. Good starter book.
Mothman Prophecies / Trojan Horse by John Keel. Mothman is a classic. very thought-provoking
Gods of Eden, William Bramley interesting look at hidden history stuff
Out There, Howard Blum cool stuff like Fast Walkers and secret Government projects

lots of good suggestions on this thread

edit on 4-4-2016 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Adding Left at East Gate by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins.
Its a different account of the Rendlesham Forest Incident and a bit different to the usual lights in the trees story that the TV loves so much.
A UK UFO and an eye opener for those who never looked into RFI too much.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean. A good overview.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: liliasthesorceress

Haven't got that one yet.
Blew a fiver today on a hardback copy of John B Alexanders UFOs so waiting for the postman.
The author himself would be more interesting than the book to me but I am really looking forward to reading his (public) perspective on the subject.

Just received another for the collection called The Intelligent mans guide to flying saucers by TM Wright from 1968.
Its probably quite hilarious but it will go in the section of stuff I've bought for fun.
They're at the bottom of the list of importance for reading. A nice hardback copy of Flying saucers have landed has just gone in that section too.

One that I have read recently is The Kaikoura UFOs by Capt. Bill Startup and Neil Illingworth.
Sightings from plane, ground radar and witnesses on the ground in New Zealand in Dec 1978.
Its very dry and technical, as you might expect from a pilot, but a very interesting old case. Us oldies will remember a film crew were on board the plane to film a report on a sighting a week before and the UFOs came back.
Cue shaky, blurred spots of light with no background etc. etc....
Don't think its ever been satisfactorily explained, unless anyone can point me to something I've missed?

I'm currently re-reading Jacques Vallee Confrontations thanks to another thread and I'm hoping to keep this thread going to feed my book obsession.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliasthesorceress
www.amazon.com...

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean. A good overview.

Leslie Kean's book is a must.

A very interesting one is David Marler's Triangular UFOs: An Estimate of the Situation

A book that blew my mind was Bob Pratt’s Ufo Danger Zone: Terror & Death in Brazil

I am not the only one fascinated with Brazilian UFO cases. This book is plenty of amazing incidents investigated on the ground by Bob Pratt.

And another very intriguing and shocking read: ENCOUNTERS WITH STAR PEOPLE: Untold Stories of American Indians by Ardy Sixkiller Clarke

I would like to know your opinion on this book, guys. You will not find hard evidence in it. Just accounts. “Just” accounts, some of the most plausible, vivid and powerful accounts on UFO encounters I’ve ever read.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: valleean

Those are on my want list.
Colares is an interesting case indeed. The Bob Pratt one should be very good reading.
These books have been on the recommended lists of some pretty respectable folk.
Unfortunately I'm a skinflint and always try and buy second hand and as cheaply as possible.
My experience tells me that people don't really want to part with their best books so theyre harder to come across cheaply.
I'm watching the triangle one at the moment but £17 is a bit much.

All grumbling aside, I've ordered both the Frank Edwards books so they should arrive soon and I'm about halfway through Hunt for the Skinwalker.
The similarities between what was reportedly seen there and the Chupa Chupas at Colares is very intriguing.
Cheers for those recommendations. You've confirmed what I've heard from others.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hi all,

my names is lyndon, this is literally my first post here. closet extraterrestrial enthusiast, been lurking this site for well over a year now, just recently made an account. nice to meet everyone!

i'm currently reading "communion: a true story" by whitley strieber. amazing writer and incredible book. highly recommend. long story short, he was visited for well into eleven years of his adult life by those he refers to as 'the visitors'. the book is only like 15 bucks on amazon if you want a truly terrifying and reputable account of reoccuring contact.

- lyndon

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Only one I ever read was....

The Day After Roswell by Phillip Corso

Unless David Icke books count

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Im currently reading "The Messengers" by Mike Clelland.
I recommend it.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

Bagged myself a copy of Sky Crash by Butler, Street and Randles.

The first book about the Rendlesham Forest Incident. Its a bit confused in parts and some small details have changed due to clarification by interested parties over the years but it blew the gaff, as it were, on an important case.

My old copy was borrowed by a thieving scumbag bookrapist who shall be cursed for all time.
Don't lend your books out folks.

edit on 2-6-2016 by Tulpa because: Ooops

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join