UFOs and the National Security State

The UFO Encyclopedia

Witness to Roswell

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hahaaaaaahaha
Good one.

Who do people like that post here? If you disagree with something, if you don't like something, why hang around it? If you hate Rap should you hang around Rap sites all the time telling people how stupid they are for liking it?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

Conclusion: You are Brighter than the Druid

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

The UFO Controversy in America by David Jacobs
UFOs and Government by Michael Swords et al

Here we go mate, couldn't find the 'The Missing Times' by Terry Hansen on free E-book format but am re-reading David Jacob's book at the moment and it's a classic.

The UFO Controversy in America by David Jacobs
UFOs and Government by Michael Swords

This one from Otto Binder isn't bad either.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Hi guys.

how about you guys?

The Book Of ENOCH and the WATCHERS:

www.piney.com...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I read, "The Interrupted Journey", decades ago as a youngster. This story about Betty and Barney Hill's abduction was very mysterious. Either it was true or a very well planned hoax.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

For myself this is rather easy....
"Above Top Secret" by T.Good

While there are likely others of equal value.......
For this reason this is my choice...Some 26 years ago some other material steered me toward this book resulting in the SPARKING of some sort of obcessive reaction that has lasted for a very very long time...

Great idea for a thread
edit on 25-3-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I actually don't have any UFO books.

My go to materials relative to the subject deal primarily in Human Psychology, Sociology, Meteorology, Astronomy, Optical Illusions, and other such.

I'll readily admit to having a certain bias in favor of more down to earth explanations with higher probabilities of identification and/or mistaken identity by witnesses.

Having/Studying UFO books and materials, in my opinion, risks a predisposition in favor of whatever ideas and ideals may be presented in such literature.

Fact of the matter is, we still don't know what this phenomenon is.
Tainting one's perception by assertions in UFO literature that UFOs are nuts and bolts craft, interdimensional travelers, time travelers, or other such based on whatever criteria for these kinds of assertions are made on, risks a predisposition toward considering those ideas as opposed to following independent critical analysis.

meh.

This means you already set in your belief and dont want an open minded discussion because you are afraid you will be influenced by books. Sadly this is not a rare condition among scientist nowadays, where prominent scientist bury their heads in sand and trying to ignore everything that they think not in-line with their belief.

Close-minded scientist are the ones that worship science as their religion. They are the same as those religious inquisitors centuries ago. Anything that they think will defile their belief will be deemed heretic and will be mocked/insulted/punished.

Why even post in Alien/UFO Forum if you dont want an open minded discussion but keep flinging condescending replies and insults ? i think you got a psychological problem if you cannot stand people having different belief than you.

--------------

for OP, thats a great list of UFOLOGY books. dont forget to visit this karl12's thread and get classic UFOLOGY ebooks !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi UFO fans.

?
Nobody for
PENETRATION
Ingo Swann 1998.
?

or
?
ALIEN INTERVIEW
Based On Personal Notes and Interview Transcriptions Provided by :
Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy
?

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The 95% you refer were normal people who witnessed a UFO event. The 95% does not include cases filed by Military Pilots, Commercial pilots, or military personal. Pilots are trained to spot unusual craft that is why 95% of there reports were not included in blue book. Even for laymen you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the object your viewing is not an airplane. If a large object is moving slowly past you accelerates at an extreme speed without making a sonic boom, then makes a 90 degree turn. it did not come from this planet.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

cant say as I have a top ten list but some good ones are
Crash: When Ufos Fall From the Sky, kevin Randle
Keep Out, Nick Redfern (though not on ufos its on several secret bases which are related to ufos)
Abductions and Aliens, Chris Rutkowski
Rrue Canadian Ufo Stories John Robert Coloumbo
those are some of the good ones I have read

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

cant say as I have a top ten list but some good ones are
Crash: When Ufos Fall From the Sky, kevin Randle
Keep Out, Nick Redfern (though not on ufos its on several secret bases which are related to ufos)
Abductions and Aliens, Chris Rutkowski
True Canadian Ufo Stories John Robert Coloumbo
those are some of the good ones I have read

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym

I read, "The Interrupted Journey", decades ago as a youngster. This story about Betty and Barney Hill's abduction was very mysterious. Either it was true or a very well planned hoax.

EManym, that case certainly is a mysterious one and the book's available on free format below if you want to read it again.

link

reply to post by milomilo

Thanks for linking the thread Milo
- one UFO book I would have loved to read would be by atmospherical physicist Dr James Mcdonald but unfortunately he never managed to write one
- there's a great collection of his writings here though and plenty of pdf files for a rainy day.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
New member and first post on ATS.

Just finished reading a scifi novel on alien presence on Earth. While it's in the form of a story, it includes purported factual evidence in support of the contention that aliens (the Grays) are already here. It made me wonder just how much our government knows and how much they're keeping from us. An interesting and thought-provokling read. Death Spiral, IS Earth Ready to Join the Cosmic Community? by C.L. Gregoire.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1952BTV

Welcome to ATS. I would say that there are a group of prominent people, within what I call the military government, that know all about the history of aliens on Earth. And there are hundreds more who are in on it but only know their end of the deal.

I would also say that there are 3 possibilities as to why they are trying to keep this a secret:

Money
Morals
Religion
or
Big Oil
Human Experimentation
Yahweh Diplomacy

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In chronological order (helps keep things under perspective):

1953 - Flying Saucers from Outer Space - Major Donald E. Keyhoe (51 cases straight out of the Air Force)

1969 - Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects - University of Colorado (a lot of unexplained phenomena. Plus, they deliberately didn't study some of the most amazing cases the AF had reports on)

1973 - Aliens From Space - Major Donald E. Keyhoe (explains how the cover-up was done, step by step)

1977 - Situation Red: The UFO Siege - Leonard Stringfield (Close Encounters)

1977 - The Hynek UFO Report - Dr. J. Allen Hynek (government suppression described by an insider)

1988 - Above Top Secret - Timothy Good

1997 - The Day After Roswell - Col. Philip J. Corso (fantastic, I wonder if we'll ever know the truth)

2002 - UFOs and the National Security State - Richard M. Dolan (the most complete book on the Cover-Up)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You guys HAVE to see the irony in Druscilla's post basically saying "I wouldn't touch a UFO book, after all, how could I lay my hands on something so unsubstantiated by myself? I REFUSE to read books on UFOs, instead I read books on psychology.....because after all, psychology is REAL, and UFOS are not". Of course, she tried to sound intelligent while basically stating that.

Here is the thing....UFOs are proven to exist. As the poster in here said, how can anyone doubt them? They do, in fact, exist. That is verifiable. As to the NATURE of UFOs....well , yes, all we have right now is THEORY. Theory, much like what we have in PSYCHOLOGY.

Anyone who has truly studied sociology, and psychology in an academic setting knows that these themselves can be considered psuedo-science, and there is certainly no unified theory of psychology....it is all rather subjective, much like the theories regarding UFOs.

While I agree that it might be beneficial to have at least a basic understanding of psychology while entering the domain of ufology.....to simply state that you refuse to read any works on ufology because it would somehow "taint" your own research, is beyond insane.

You can not blame the works of others for the misalignment within your own perceptions. Each and every researcher and investigator needs to have their own clear, concise, and valid methods for developing theories and validating them.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Some great books already mentioned...

"Above Top Secret" - Timothy Good.

Would be one of my top picks though.
(and no, no bias here)

Even if I disagree with certain books, I still consider them must haves, as you can't just ignore points that don't support your position.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

1.Crash When UFOs Fall From the Sky- Kevin Randle
2.UFOs in Wartime-Mack Maloney
3.Hunt for the Skinwalker(though it deals with more than just ufos) George Knapp, Colm Kelleher
4.Communion-Whitley Strieber
5.The Mothman Prophecies- John Keel
6.UFO Crash in Brazil-Roger Leir
7.The Real Men In Black-Nick Redfern
8.Abductions and Aliens-Chris Rutkowski
9.Hair of the Alien- Bill Chalker
10.Beyond Roswell-Michael Hesemann, Philip Mantle
These are what found to be good books regarding ufos, alien abduction, ufo crashes and other things related.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Keel's first book, Operation Trojan Horse, is one of my favorites. After years of ETH re-hash, Keel stood the UFO world on its ear by suggesting that we were dealing with something far weirder than plain old extraterrestrial visitors. The book freaked me out when I read it as a teenager and has had lasting impact on the way I view the phenomenon to this day.

Not sure if anyone mentioned Incident At Exeter, which was John Fuller's other best seller. For some reason, I found it more compelling than Interrupted Journey.

We should probably also mention Gray Barker's They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers. That book just about single-handedly invented the Men in Black.

V

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join