It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Assumptions, and blind conviction in those assumptions, are dangerous.

That's exactly why you can't say God is not love when the Bible says it is so. Your negative conviction upon your own assumptions are indeed dangerous. In the face of an object piece of evidence that carries far more weight and holds more authority over these matters than you ever could.
edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Sorry friend, but in no way am I being negative. It seems you wish I was for whatever strange reason, maybe to justify your superficial dogmas or to appease your vanity. Whatever the case, I'm not here to convince you that your assumptions are based only on the anecdotes of an ancient and illiterate time, because I think you know that already. We both know you cannot provide a shred of anything factual, when I can show you a godless world by simply pointing in any direction and to any moment time. I have what's apparent and obvious on my side. You have a poorly written and irrelevant book on yours.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Druid42

Say hello?

And hope you're on his good side?

And then?

It's all peach gravy?

Sigh! I thought it'd be an eternity of worship. Whew!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
S&F Randy. I loved your OP and love the fact that you aren't ashamed to write it for the world to see. You have been here long enough to know what was going to happen, yet stepped up and did it anyway.

Thank you for that and for sharing something so personal to you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

lol...

Perhaps you might read this thread... Kinda ties in to your line of thinking

Christians... Riddle me this!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can appreciate your religious convictions, though I'm not religious myself. I do believe in God....I'm just not sure who that God is.

I was wondering, is there any particular defining moment that stands out for you that made you just KNOW that God existed? I asked simply out of curiousity, and partly because I feel I am somewhat on a spiritual journey myself....though admittedly I'm not sure of it's ultimate destination. As of late I've become very interested in the subject of religion, and I really love reading about WHY people believe in a particular God. I think it helps me to sort out my own mixed up feelings on the subject of theology.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
If you don't want to wait until death before you see God and would like to see God whilst you are still alive, spend the next six months studying God's mathematical nature at:
smphillips.8m.com...
Make the effort to see God in this world.
As you will discover if you study this website, others have.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by randyvs

I can appreciate your religious convictions, though I'm not religious myself. I do believe in God....I'm just not sure who that God is.

I was wondering, is there any particular defining moment that stands out for you that made you just KNOW that God existed? I asked simply out of curiousity, and partly because I feel I am somewhat on a spiritual journey myself....though admittedly I'm not sure of it's ultimate destination. As of late I've become very interested in the subject of religion, and I really love reading about WHY people believe in a particular God. I think it helps me to sort out my own mixed up feelings on the subject of theology.

I believe after years of thinking and reasoning, faith just sort of happens. It is like a eureka moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No one will ever see God. You will only ever see the glory of God.
God is all seeing, all knowing and everpresent.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.
The truth is hidden in the act of seeing.

"We are looking for what is looking."
Saint Francis Assisi.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You never see the negative side of your beliefs.

How does all of this relate to people who have never heard of christianity?
by your reasoning it's all peace and love unless you were born in the wrong place in which case it's all fire and brimstone.

Bottom line is, it's just plain egocentric and arrogant to say that you know all of this for certain.
It is so very irritating reading the conviction in your words, you seem to hold these things you call truth up like a shield against the fact that you and everyone else ever to have lived simply do not know.
I've said it a hundred times now, so here it is one more time.

you have faith? Great! But that's all it is, faith.... if it were science it would be a hypothosis, not even a theory.
NO ONE TRULY KNOWS.

No one truly knows how many incarnations the current holy books have been through or how close to the original text they still are.

And for the record, The current general understanding of who and what Jesus is makes him sound like a pretty cool guy, but i have a life to live and it's up to me and me alone how well i do living it.

Jesus (possibly) was far too nice a guy for people to go loading all of their own failures and faliabilities on him.

But when all is said and done, the void is scary and if you can focus hard enough on an illusion to get you through it then good for you.... just keep in mind that everyone has their own illusions for the same reason and if your so willing to tear theirs down then you have no business taking offence when someone does it to you

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

And what exactly does all of that pseudo philosophical pap mean?
Explain it. spell it out... or are you just regurgitating something you read somewhere?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

And what exactly does all of that pseudo philosophical pap mean?
Explain it. spell it out... or are you just regurgitating something you read somewhere?

Contemplate it. Or don't. If you 'think' it is pap it is because you have not heard the words written.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

And for the record, The current general understanding of who and what Jesus is makes him sound like a pretty cool guy, but i have a life to live and it's up to me and me alone how well i do living it.

He offered ideas on how to live happily though... Virtually eliminating Karma if said plan is followed...

Buddha was a "cool guy"... lol

Jesus was "the man"

edit on 8-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

you have faith? Great! But that's all it is, faith.... if it were science it would be a hypothosis, not even a theory.
NO ONE TRULY KNOWS.

"No one truly knows"

Well, does that statement include or exclude itself?

If it includes itself - then it must mean that no one truly knows that no one truly knows ... leaving room for the possibility that someone may actually, truly know.

If it excludes itself - then it's an absolutist statement that assumes itself as an exception ... which then unravels by definition.

Which one is it?

Regards,

FTE
edit on 8-8-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you do not need to die you can also see the God through yourself while alive!
you speaks simply about death, did not you do something wrong in your life to be fearful or ....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If there are people who truly believe you have to believe in God to be loved or love something then I will cry. I am literally tearing up at the thought that someone would not be able to love their life without investing in a higher being. That is sad and I can see clearly why you believe in that higher being.

You are human, not a goddamn animal. You can love everything this world has to offer without believing in a damn thing.
edit on 8-8-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

You can love everything this world has to offer

IF one can keep that in mind... "belief" in God doesn't matter...

Some things exist regardless of ones belief

edit on 8-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The word 'belief' means to believe in something. I believe that one should not believe. One should find the truth and stop 'believing in something'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
God is the no thingness that sees the some thingness. The somethingness (appearing presently) is the glory of God and God is the seer and knower of the somethingness
The thingness is always changing and moving but the no thingness is constant and never changing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Love is love but what is love
God is God but what is God
We each understand through our own experience but who truly sees the whole of what is

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You are the whole of what is. Know thyself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join