I am going to see God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by artistpoet

How can this moment be gone? 'This' what ever you call it, will never be gone.
Presence is all.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The moment you speak of when writing has obviously gone.
By the time you read this it would have be written in the past
Yes the present is all there is but try to hold onto it as it slips into the past
How do you measure the present - A second a mili-second - How?
If all remained the same it would be a state of stagnation
The Suns Rays take 8 minutes or so to hit the Earth?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe in God and certainly you will join the source spirit we call god. But sorry heyzeus/jesus has nothing to do with it. That's man made fiction, theres just too many holes in that old storybook. It begun as a bunch of random stories passed around verbally and eventually placed in scrolls over the course of about 1600 years, then these were translated into hebrew at random many different times over into many different versions and other languages over the course of another 1500 years until "King James I" had everything redone one more time according to his wishes and many of the writers then wrote what would bring them praise and assist the king in maintaining control of the kingdom by virtue of "Gods word".

Don't get me wrong the "teachings of Jesus" are pretty valid and a very zen-like hippie peaceful way to approach life. I simply think putting your energies straight into knowledge of or belief in god is a more substantial way to do things. Believing you must go through Jesus is kinda like believing you have to have a courier carry a letter to get a message to someone when anyone knows you can call or just go visit the person yourself.

link   

Remove all belief and you will be left with truth.

Is that what you believe?

link   
reply to post by Trower

The only way your going to see god is by sleeping with Pamala Anderson and Sasha Grey at the sametime...

I'd have to argue with that and say Jessica Alba and Natalie Portman at the same time...with Tila Tequila waiting to switch in when one of 'em gets tired.

Besides, we ARE "god". The only difference between man and god is that mankind has forgotten it's divine. And you know why we forgot? Because we're lazy and didn't want to do the work.

As you can see, when you really get down to it, we really haven't changed a whole lot in 500,000 years.
edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Presence is all.

Yes the present is all there is but try to hold onto it as it slips into the past

Why not accept everyone has their own view rather than keep up dogmatically pushing your own view on to me and telling me i am wrong. If you don't accept what i say move on.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Sorry friend, but in no way am I being negative. It seems you wish I was for whatever strange reason, maybe to justify your superficial dogmas or to appease your vanity. Whatever the case, I'm not here to convince you that your assumptions are based only on the anecdotes of an ancient and illiterate time, because I think you know that already. We both know you cannot provide a shred of anything factual, when I can show you a godless world by simply pointing in any direction and to any moment time. I have what's apparent and obvious on my side. You have a poorly written and irrelevant book on yours.

Abraham Lincoln once said just after he was done traveling the country to assess the damage and horrors of the civil war. He said in a speech of which one it was evades me at the moment. Anyway here is the quote of which will likely mean nothing to you. But it says quite a lot to me.

" I can understand how someone can look around at this world and say there is no God. What I can not fathom,
is how someone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim".
Honest Abe

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

" I can understand how someone can look around at this world and say there is no God. What I can not fathom, is how someone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim". - Abraham Lincoln

This post...holy crap. Never have I heard the entire argument explained so eloquently and succinctly. It's an honor, reading those words.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Presence is all.

The moment speech happens is this moment. 'This moment' is always present when you are. The moment anything happens is this moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are there Gods?

Some simple Truths about the subject...

The Hubble deep space scan has shown us all the immense size of the cosmos...
Galaxies without number, and maybe more beyond?
Countless possibilities of worlds like our own out there...

The Cosmos is also very old... Many worlds like our own have obviously come and gone...
Probability dictates that at least one brain bearing civilizations, (like our own), would have evolved beyond the “flash” point of technology “we” are at right now...

...Survived to go on and develop an advanced technology that seeks to place “handles” on every aspect of reality...(which is in essence what science and technology seeks to do. Analyze, classify, quantify and clarify the aspects and controls of all things within reality.)

Now give that race a few hundred thousand years...or saay a few million?

The numbers point to the fact of some higher advanced race having reached a state of advanced technology that, to us mere terrestrial bound sentients, would appear angelic or even god like...beings that have an understanding and control over all the “handles” of reality...including time itself...
Once you can shepherd your own beginnings...?
Alpha and Omega?
All of Creation becomes an Akashic library accessed with Time Dialation Technology...

There are Gods and beings of angelic stature in the universe... The statistics alone would imply this, and intuitively I think we all know it....

e.t.a.:
I have an hypothesis that the true power sources for all this are the very magnetic fields of the planets and stars themselves...
Galaxies and larger...these magnetic fields are like levers large enough to move worlds...
Possibly controlled by a singular entity, at each level; or body of entities?

Remember...all it takes is one race to evolve its tech exponentially; and the size of the cosmos makes that probability just about a foregone conclusion...

(On a personal note: I have seen enough paranormal in my life to attest to the existence of the supernatural and supernal forces in reality. I cannot prove it to you, they don't allow that kind of thing unless it is planned, but I can offer my sincere testimonial to the fact. I also know for a fact time travel is possible, but once again cannot prove it.)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

All power comes from gravity, pure and simple. You want to see "God"? Look to the weak field. Examine the subatomic particles until there is nothing left to discover. Study the physics of that smallest of all playing fields...study until you know the smallest interactions of this reality like the back of your hand. Then study even deeper to find out how that affects the other planes of existence, and how those planes affect ours.

Then, when you look at it from just the right angle, if you are one of those rare fortunate seekers of light, you will find the sign saying, "Here is God." And then half the world will argue with you, and you will never "know" for a "fact" unless you have faith. Note the quotation marks, as I am using these words in the way they have come to be defined by this world of inaccurate expression.

We as humans can never hope to really understand "God". We can only simplify it, which of course sacrifices true understanding for something that is expressable in our horribly insufficient spoken or written language. "God" can never be expressed in the way that we are used to expressing things, in the way that we describe the world, and that is why we don't understand divinity. That's why we keep getting it wrong.

Have you ever tried to describe the color red to a man who was born blind?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Presence is all.

The moment speech happens is this moment. 'This moment' is always present when you are. The moment anything happens is this moment.

So what of the thought to speak - is that not before you actually speak
The moment anything happens is the moment it happens but is not the cause of it happening
What cause the Moment?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Because Jesus Christ died not for my sin, but for me, a sinner.
And the thought of seeing him, disintegrates all fear of death. Yet there are many who fail to understand the simplicity of this positive concept. For in their own carnal reasoning, they declare that such a silly belief, ( belief in Jesus Christ ) surely must reside with men because they do indeed fear death. Seeing no objective evidence, where only objective evidence makes up this material ( perceivable to the five senses ) world.

There is so much wrong here, I almost don't know where to start! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for spirituality, but spirituality doesn't equate to a man in the sky sending his supposed son to be murdered by an angry crowd as some sort of sacrifice for the mistake that said guy in sky made in the first place. Your beliefs are rooted in a book, not in true love, at all!

Let's look at the story your book is trying to sell us!

First we are introduced to 2 fully developed humans who are immediately expelled from the divine for falling for a trick, out of naivete. We have no history of a loving childhood or a relationship in a loving family setting, which we would emulate in adolescence and pass on to our children in adulthood. The Biblical God provides no positive role model for humanity.

So we start out with a generational curse, separated from the divine and at the mercy of the rest of god's creation, fallen angels. After a collective trauma, of the flood and all the previous rape, we are given a list of rules to follow, if we want to reclaim our relationship with divinity. These laws are flawed from the get go.

Then this supposedly loving God sends his son to be murdered by an angry mob, to cleanse our "sins" if only we believe the story. We are promised the 2nd destruction of the world, by the return of a vengeful God, who is to separate the good people from the bad, who are doomed.

Yeah, God is love! Please show where, in the Old Testament, it says that God is love. It doesn't! It says God is Jealous, wrathful and angry. You can't have Jesus without the Old Testament and the Old Testament God was retooled for the New Testament. The God of the Old Testament is not God, and this is the failure of all the Abrahamic religions, including Christianity. They are all dangerous, way more dangerous than atheism.

The real God is untenable and doesn't require worship or blind faith, and certainly doesn't need a dusty old book or preachers or missionaries. The real God doesn't use fear or urge people to simply believe in stories to avoid a Hell that never existed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I have a question for you. Which is more beneficial, the productive lie or the destructive truth? When you are answering this question, factor into your logic processes the reaction humanity has to each, and what that would look like 500 years in the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Agreed.

The weak field is the One God.
The Creator...The Mind Sea of the Cosm itself...
Our progenitor...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Presence is all.

So what of the thought to speak - is that not before you actually speak
The moment anything happens is the moment it happens but is not the cause of it happening
What cause the Moment?

Is not the thought to speak, speech? Have a good look and see where your next thought comes from? See if you can see it arise.
Are you putting it there?
Can you hear it before it is present?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm sorry to break the news, but you're beginning to sound off-topic. You may wish to steer your discussion towards the actual topic of this thread, because I, for one, am sincerely interested to know how your argument fits in with the theme.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by windword

I have a question for you. Which is more beneficial, the productive lie or the destructive truth? When you are answering this question, factor into your logic processes the reaction humanity has to each, and what that would look like 500 years in the future.

Are lies ever productive and if so what do they produce
Is the Truth ever unproductive
Intention and the reason behind telling lies or truths is key I think

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by randyvs

I can appreciate your religious convictions, though I'm not religious myself. I do believe in God....I'm just not sure who that God is.

I was wondering, is there any particular defining moment that stands out for you that made you just KNOW that God existed? I asked simply out of curiousity, and partly because I feel I am somewhat on a spiritual journey myself....though admittedly I'm not sure of it's ultimate destination. As of late I've become very interested in the subject of religion, and I really love reading about WHY people believe in a particular God. I think it helps me to sort out my own mixed up feelings on the subject of theology.

There are many things actually. First of all the fact that Christ went to his death believing in what he was doing makes him my hero for all time on every level. The realization that he done what no other man could do. And Genesis Ch 6 had a big effect as I found out it was possible for us to break Gods heart. That still truly crushes me and brings me to tears at the same time it amazes me....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm sorry to break the news, but you're beginning to sound off-topic. You may wish to steer your discussion towards the actual topic of this thread, because I, for one, am sincerely interested to know how your argument fits in with the theme.

The theme being seeing God.
This moment is all there is. It is seen by God so God cannot be seen because God is seeing.
God is all seeing, all knowing and everpresent.
This moment is presence, it is all there is.

This moment is being all there is.
Humans however imagine the rest. Humans have more to deal with than this and so they suffer.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Lies can indeed be productive. Allow me to iterate two examples to you. One is fabricated, the other a true story.

There is a man and a woman, and they have been happily married for 30 years. However, long ago before they were married but were seeing each other, the man had cheated on her. Only once, and never again. He tells her finally, because he's been carrying the guilt around for all that time. This marriage would have lasted until death, but all of it was destroyed in the moments it took to confess. Had he not told her, those last years of his life would have been spent with the love of his life. That skeleton was the only thing that ever went wrong. Should he have not told her?

The true story goes thus. There is a boy who was born to a woman who was seeing a man. That man was not the boy's father. However, he thought it was...until the boy was a teenager. Finally, the mother came out with the truth. The result? The boy was disowned. No, that boy was not me; however, a friend of mine told me about the boy because we were having a discussion very similar to this thread. The boy was cast from his family because of the truth. Would it have been better to lie by omission?

These are the cases I present to you, as proof that sometimes the truth does more harm than a lie. Now I ask that you answer my question: which is better for the world, a productive lie or a destructive truth? Remember, the productivity and destruction are simply our reaction to each.

What do you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join