It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
All I have to say is from a man who claimed his band was, more popular than Jesus Christ

Hmmm...and where is that man and that band today?

Kinda makes him a...

...dont'cha think?

edit on 7-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
It is more the labels that many have problems with, take out God, religion etc.... and just call it spirituality which leaves it open to interpretation rather than a specific label. this makes more sense seeing how it is all up to interpretation anyways in our own mind. Being spiritual does not require belief in a specific nor does it take away from specific beliefs one might have.

That's true but that would be too vague. God has always wanted to show us some. But not so much that we don't have to excersie out faith. But if he showed us no path at all then that's where all the cults basically come from. Someone coming up with a human system. So he showed us the basics. He allowed the bible to be the most popular book on the planet for a reason. Jesus made himself one of the most documented historic figures in all of human history. They recorded endless prophasis being fulfilled. They accounted for thousands of signs, wonders, and miricles from Jesus and within the Christian church. And is the only religion on the planet with no contradictions in it's complete make up, doctrine and theory.

But altimately what you have to do is use your gutt instinct. That's the ultimate litmis test in my mind. You humble yoruself and you totally get rid of all that pride that's holding you back from accepting Jesus. Then you invite him into your life threw prayer. What happens is you can test all this by using your gutt instinct. Your actua sixth sense that guides you in life. Your conscience that shows you the exact true path in everything. And when you put Jesus to that test what happens is this....

Your pride says "NO No NO... and resists heavily" It doesn't want to give up or give in. Even though deep down you know it's the absolute truth. That's the spiritual barrier that all humans must pass threw to find the truth. so if you're able to just humble yoruself, just say to the universe "No I don't have all the answers, I don't know what's to come, I'm a meir mortal man, and I need help from the creator" and invite him into your life.

If you do that then you'll pass threw a spirital turning point to which there's no return. Once you invite God in most Christians believe it's impossible to uninvite him. That's why the pride issue is so key to getting threw all this. See if you had all the answers already, If you knew everything, and could control everything then you wouldn't need God. And that's what your pride does, it fools you into thinking you know everything, you control everything, you don't need any help, you don't need to explore the truth, you don't need Gods love

But if you just look at it rationally and objectively we all know we're only human. We don't know everything. We are mortal and are gonna die at some point. And before that happens we need to discover what the truth of our lives is. And so you just look at those facts and you can clearly see you don't have the power to save yoruself. You need to simply become friends with God.

He's your best friend in life. He wants to show you what's absolutely true and what's not. But the way the universe is designed is that he gave us free will. He didn't make robots. We have the ability to choose what we want or don't want. And to ignore your spirtial side is also just a choice that everyone can make. And many do that. They never learn the abolute truth of the universe itself. And again there pride holds them back.

But anyway all I'm saying is there is ultimaite truth out there. And an ultimate creator who you can get to know, be friends with, and invite into your life. And if you do, well you'll be so amazed. It's like you'll have finally understood what everything is about. How everything works. Like I just can't believe that there's a lot of people who actually don't get it. But again it's a choice it's up to you. Anyway food for thought. And ya you will see God one day. Better to align yourself with him now. This is your ultimate mission in life.

edit on 7-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dear Op...

I felt the need to not respond, until I saw you quote your mission as taking on the hardliners... or words to such effect.

What mission was this, who gave it to you?

I have seen, felt and been with the creator... I have experienced the one truth, and there was no crucifed man, nor old chap with a beard in the clouds... it was and is beyond human comprehension. The universe, and creative source does just that... it creates. In order to create more, one must experience more...

In order to experience more... we, as an extension and part of the creative source, need to take on short term experiences (human life... or otherwise). If you had only lived your life as a rabbit, your view of the world is small, your perspective minimal, your creative abilities restricted by your lack of perspective... therefore, it would make sense that in addition to being the rabbit, you may experience life as part of the grass from which the rabbit ate, or even a fox, who hunts the rabbit.

With this increased perspective, you see the world differently... the world is the same, but you have changed. The change within makes you a better creator, and thus when we return to source... everything expands.

So back to my original question, your "role" is one you have created yourself... to feed your ego, as part of your experience in this human life you are currently having. There is nothing good or bad about it, it just is. I wish you well on your path... label my post however you feel best to judge it... it is what it is - peace!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It is more the labels that many have problems with, take out God, religion etc.... and just call it spirituality which leaves it open to interpretation rather than a specific label. this makes more sense seeing how it is all up to interpretation anyways in our own mind. Being spiritual does not require belief in a specific nor does it take away from specific beliefs one might have.

Except that truth by definition is exclusive.

Law of noncontradiction and all ...
edit on 8-8-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Chances are i'll see him before you do . I have heart failure and can go at any minute.
edit on 8-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

You misunderstand my point and instead see arrogance where there is none relating it back to an individualistic idea of one religion. I am interested and appreciate all religion, sciences, philosophies etc... I guess you can say "Im open minded" in the truest meaning of the phrase. A lot of our problems come from labeling ourself much like we do in politics and telling others this is how it is while others say no this is then we have a war. Having an open mind allows one to see the truth in all and not think oneself the right belief, which ironically is a little arrogant in itself.

On a side note, Im no expert in anything and only recently even become so open minded. My past was a series of poor choices and mistakes resulting in absolute blame towards everyone but myself filling my mind with hate and anger. This might be why I am looking at everything and learning to appreciate all trying to be the exact opposite of what I was because being angry all the time is no way to be.
edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: side note

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

a paradox indeed, but then again paradox exists so they must be real

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by randyvs

Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God." KJV

I for one, would rather take a chance on believing in this man called Jesus...I mean, really, what could it hurt? If I believe in him and he really doesn't exist, then no harm done. But, if I choose not to believe in him and he turns out to be real, well, then there would be a great deal to lose.

I eagerly anticipate the day when my maker and I meet face to face.

I'll tell you a story. One church sent some missionaries into the Amazon jungle in South America a husband and wife team. They came to a tribe who had never heard of Jesus. The local witchdoctor was afraid of them so he told the villagers they came to kill their children. The villagers put them in a hut and gathered their warriors to attack, spears raised and ready to assault the hut after the war ritual had been completed. The couple prayed all night and just before dawn broke the tribe decided to make their move. Before they could get inside the hut they all stop yelling and their battle cries and grew quiet. The couple went outside to look around and the warriors dropped their weapons and hit their knees and surrendered. When they asked the chief what happened he told them just before they were going to kill them 12 giant men with flaming swords told them if they tried to kill them they would kill every warrior holding a weapon. These tribal people had never seen angels before and it scared the crap out of them. After that night they wanted to know who sent the protectors because they were amazed at the sight of them just appearing out of nowhere.
edit on 8-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There's so much going on in my head after reading all this....thanks

Please continue...
edit on 8-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

a paradox indeed, but then again paradox exists so they must be real

When was it declared that all paradoxes are real?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I was simply playing on the word definitions as you were
paradox's or "contradictory statements" in general exist in our vocabulary.
however the truth in itself is objective as it is in accordance with fact or reality which can be determinate to the individual. To put it to rest, yes I believe in something greater than myself I just don't call it God or try to define it but get pleasure in seeking others ideas and theories of it because it expands my mind.
edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

God?? Is that you?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

If you choose to imagine that I am you may, in which case I would be in your mind. To imagine is to believe, I do not have to be the greater of greatest to exist that way in your mind

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
randyvs
It is love for what you have at this very second that counts…The time that is left…each second has a meaning, each breath is a glory, each feeling of touching is comforting, to love for that one second is more powerful than life itself, for that comes from the everlasting soul which lives on...peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

I'm not buying it Morgan freeman is god...in every Damn movie!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh great, another one of those threads trying to claim if you don't believe in God then you're a cold hearted unlovable freak.

Yeah keep telling yourself that...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Amein! That was beautifully said.

All that is coming undone in this world is to unequivocally come to the knowledge of the truth. That one truth that is undeniable even to the rebellious of heart.

The time has come indeed and what we are about to behold is something that has not been witnessed since the beginning of time. At least in the way that it will be revealed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Take Pictures.

And send a postcard and let us know how you're doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Gotta feel the love. I wanna go too!

Does God love pagan druids? Of course he does. I'll accept every illogical construct possible if it means I get to see God!

But wait.....What do I do when I see him?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Say hello?

And hope you're on his good side?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join