It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
It's amazing that a deity could create all that exists and then require us measly humans to blindly believe in him. Give us an update (evidence) guy we could us it

us human, beyond microscopic compared to the size of the universe, didnt follow rules well enough so he had to send his own offspring to die for
us. Geeze really? Couldnt a 'hey im running the show' evidence been enough? I think so but what do I know.

Btw I envy your blind faith

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think it is amazing how God created all that exists, that we measly humans can comprehend and understand at this time, and then some measly humans still not believe. As far as evidence, well you have to experience it to believe it.

Btw...the death and resurrection of Christ was the "Hey! I'm running the show" evidence. Real faith is never blind, after all it made the blind see.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

That sounds very superficial and I don't know what you're basing this off of. More assumptions I suppose. I can claim it is not a fact just more easily as you can claim it is. If someone disagrees with your assumptions, it doesn't automatically mean they're being 'neg.' I'm sure God wouldn't approve of this prejudice.

The Bible says God is love. I assume and therefore believe this is true. If your so sure of what God would approve I assume you believe in God. If you believe in God then you should want to know what he has to say to you, right ?

(My emphasis)

You cannot go through life assuming everything unless you are a glutton for disappointment. Sometimes fact-check is necessary to actually know something before claiming it as truth. That's how charlatans are exposed.

In logic an assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

Assumptions, and blind conviction in those assumptions, are dangerous.

Hmm. Interesting. Answer this question for me. What is the logical way for our reality to come into existence?
A. Created.
B. Has always been this way.
C. Random Probability.
D. Some other thought you may have about it. (If so, please explain.)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I think we may have to just agree to disagree on this one

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
You will not see god. Your ignorant beliefs will dislove along with your brain when you die.

After your gone the world will move on and as religion decays society as a whole will become alot less idiotic.

Sooooooooo......are you a prophet? Do you have proof of this? What are you basing this system of belief on? Do you believe that consciousness is restricted to only what you consider to be a living thing? Maybe when Randy is gone it will trigger a probability incident that will start a chain reaction of gravitation proportions that reduces the pull on a meteorite which changes its direction and sends it hurdling towards earth to end all life on this planet. The world would not go on.

Side note: I am not saying Randy is fat.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Love is most certainly NOT an illusion. Do you have children? A partner? I have both, and let me tell you, the love I feel for them is the most real emotion I've ever experienced in my life. There's nothing illusionary about it.

Yes. I have a beautiful daughter. It's only biologically natural for us to love our children.

And trust me, it IS an illusion.

Hmmmm. Well if it is an Illusion that is one great magic trick. I give the Lord props. Beat that Chris Angel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by Sulie
All I have to say is from a man who claimed his band was, more popular than Jesus Christ

Hmmm...and where is that man and that band today?

Kinda makes him a...

...dont'cha think?

edit on 7-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)
WOW! That has to be one of the best posts I have had the pleasure to view. Very good Sir.

edit on 9-8-2012 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by randyvs

Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God." KJV

I for one, would rather take a chance on believing in this man called Jesus...I mean, really, what could it hurt? If I believe in him and he really doesn't exist, then no harm done. But, if I choose not to believe in him and he turns out to be real, well, then there would be a great deal to lose.

I eagerly anticipate the day when my maker and I meet face to face.

I'll tell you a story. One church sent some missionaries into the Amazon jungle in South America a husband and wife team. They came to a tribe who had never heard of Jesus. The local witchdoctor was afraid of them so he told the villagers they came to kill their children. The villagers put them in a hut and gathered their warriors to attack, spears raised and ready to assault the hut after the war ritual had been completed. The couple prayed all night and just before dawn broke the tribe decided to make their move. Before they could get inside the hut they all stop yelling and their battle cries and grew quiet. The couple went outside to look around and the warriors dropped their weapons and hit their knees and surrendered. When they asked the chief what happened he told them just before they were going to kill them 12 giant men with flaming swords told them if they tried to kill them they would kill every warrior holding a weapon. These tribal people had never seen angels before and it scared the crap out of them. After that night they wanted to know who sent the protectors because they were amazed at the sight of them just appearing out of nowhere.
edit on 8-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

That is simply amazing. I would probably have crapped my pants also.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
You never see the negative side of your beliefs.

How does all of this relate to people who have never heard of christianity?
by your reasoning it's all peace and love unless you were born in the wrong place in which case it's all fire and brimstone.

Bottom line is, it's just plain egocentric and arrogant to say that you know all of this for certain.
It is so very irritating reading the conviction in your words, you seem to hold these things you call truth up like a shield against the fact that you and everyone else ever to have lived simply do not know.
I've said it a hundred times now, so here it is one more time.

you have faith? Great! But that's all it is, faith.... if it were science it would be a hypothosis, not even a theory.
NO ONE TRULY KNOWS.

No one truly knows how many incarnations the current holy books have been through or how close to the original text they still are.

And for the record, The current general understanding of who and what Jesus is makes him sound like a pretty cool guy, but i have a life to live and it's up to me and me alone how well i do living it.

Jesus (possibly) was far too nice a guy for people to go loading all of their own failures and faliabilities on him.

But when all is said and done, the void is scary and if you can focus hard enough on an illusion to get you through it then good for you.... just keep in mind that everyone has their own illusions for the same reason and if your so willing to tear theirs down then you have no business taking offence when someone does it to you

Wow. Hey Randy! He noticed your shield of faith. I knew you had your armor of God on.
More illusions? It is amazing to me how people say things like,"Jesus sounds like a pretty cool guy." and then throw down on his followers. lol. Okay here it is plain and simple. Either Jesus was the Son of God, in all forms, or he was a liar. One or the other can't be both. I also think he was a pretty cool guy. That is why I think he was Truthful.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Sorry friend, but in no way am I being negative. It seems you wish I was for whatever strange reason, maybe to justify your superficial dogmas or to appease your vanity. Whatever the case, I'm not here to convince you that your assumptions are based only on the anecdotes of an ancient and illiterate time, because I think you know that already. We both know you cannot provide a shred of anything factual, when I can show you a godless world by simply pointing in any direction and to any moment time. I have what's apparent and obvious on my side. You have a poorly written and irrelevant book on yours.

Abraham Lincoln once said just after he was done traveling the country to assess the damage and horrors of the civil war. He said in a speech of which one it was evades me at the moment. Anyway here is the quote of which will likely mean nothing to you. But it says quite a lot to me.

" I can understand how someone can look around at this world and say there is no God. What I can not fathom,
is how someone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim".
Honest Abe

That is a great quote Randy.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My parents are the bible-thumping types. The ones that dragged me to church every Sunday. Thankfully I was able to break the spell it had over me, something most cannot achieve.

Can you tell me more about this, "Spell ". I here a lot of people talk like this. How could you be under the spell of something you have never had any faith in ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The spell I am talking about is faith. Are you saying someone who has faith in something cannot ever find another way of thinking? Your faith is the exact thing that is trapping you in your current ways, but that doesn't mean you can't break free from it. I am living proof of this, deny it all you want but that doesn't make it any less true. I am not made of straw.

You put too much 'faith' in the word of man, and that is your greatest downfall.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Are you saying someone who has faith in something cannot ever find another way of thinking?

Yes. If you have faith in something. Nothing replaces it. You have to lose that faith first.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes. If you have faith in something. Nothing replaces it. You have to lose that faith first.

Clearly, you have never taken a class in philosophy, theology, or anything related. Otherwise, you'd know that Christianity is proof that you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by highvein

It's a great quote, but he's beating the hammer with the nail.

...if you catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You know, I'm just going to take from this thread that the human race is a spawning pool of rotten cowards.

Yeah, have fun with that. Especially you Christians. I mean the REAL Christians, not the ones wearing the Christian name just because they feel like it. Christian mystics and whatnot. That's all fake.

Real Christians, I hope you see the light soon. Because where I come from, if you don't contribute to the stew, if you don't help cook it, you don't get to eat it. So if you just want bury your heads in the sand...

Go right on ahead. We'll know exactly what kind of honor you uphold. It wouldn't bother me so much if you were just trying to take the whole thing slow, but you don't WANT to grow up. And that's what saddens me the most.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by highvein

Maybe when Randy is gone it will trigger a probability incident that will start a chain reaction of gravitation proportions that reduces the pull on a meteorite which changes its direction and sends it hurdling towards earth to end all life on this planet. The world would not go on.

That is probably the only time I will ever thank your god, if in fact he turned out to be responsible.

After that, I'll enjoy some nice cold tequila with the devil, smoke a blunt, and watch the world burn.

Because if the human race is nothing but cowards, what else is it good for but burning?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What do you think I have done? I have replaced that faith with logic and reason.

Your narrow-minded opinion is that it can't be replaced, your opinion does not make it true.
edit on 10-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'll tell you a story. One church sent some missionaries into the Amazon jungle in South America a husband and wife team. They came to a tribe who had never heard of Jesus. The local witchdoctor was afraid of them so he told the villagers they came to kill their children. The villagers put them in a hut and gathered their warriors to attack, spears raised and ready to assault the hut after the war ritual had been completed. The couple prayed all night and just before dawn broke the tribe decided to make their move. Before they could get inside the hut they all stop yelling and their battle cries and grew quiet. The couple went outside to look around and the warriors dropped their weapons and hit their knees and surrendered. When they asked the chief what happened he told them just before they were going to kill them 12 giant men with flaming swords told them if they tried to kill them they would kill every warrior holding a weapon. These tribal people had never seen angels before and it scared the crap out of them. After that night they wanted to know who sent the protectors because they were amazed at the sight of them just appearing out of nowhere.

That is simply the most unconvincing story I've read here on ATS, and as we all know, that's really saying something

I mean, ignoring the immoral theme of the story in general, and the horrendously stereotypical portrayal of the people indigenous to theBrazilian Rainforest , only a child or someone incredibly naive could take it as anything but christian fan-fiction.

(plus a bit of punctuation wouldn't hurt..)

But yeah, you'd better not try to kill a christian or 12 giants with flaming swords will fly down from heaven to kill you instead!

edit on 10-8-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

"12 giant men with flaming swords"

Wait a second here...The Jedi visited the Africans? That is SOOO unfair!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Your narrow-minded opinion is that it can't be replaced, your opinion does not make it true.

That isn't at all what I said young man. Read it again. What I said was you can't have faith in something if you replace it. You have to have never had or lose faith in it first. Then of course you would replace it. Why would you have faith in something and replace it ? Why would anyone think of it ? [ I have total faith in my wife, but what the hell, I think I'll replace her ].

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join