It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Great analogy with the whole wife thing, everyone knows ALL marriages last forever.

Like I said before, your opinion that faith cannot be replaced is your opinion. You haven't replaced your faith, so how could you possibly understand where I'm coming from? Oh yeah, you can't.

You obviously didn't read what replied with. Read it again. I said I have replaced my faith with logic and reason, meaning my faith now rests on those two things, not some book written 2,000 years ago.

You assuming I never had faith in your beliefs is a straw man, hence why I said I am not made of straw.
edit on 10-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And through that doorway we are all, going to see God. And we all ( every human being who has ever lived ) together, will drop to our knees, at the very sight of his awesome beauty and gentile power.

The bending the knee thing is not literal, you know, right?
That is a metaphor taken from Isaiah which is symbolic of the powers recognizing a supreme authority.
It does not mean we go through this experience individually.
Our lives and future afterlife is rather ordinary, and God is not going to exalt you in some special way.
Now there is the devil out there who makes people imagine that might happen if we worship him.
My recommendation to all would-be believers is to examine all spirits and see if it is promising self-exaltation, or if instead is offering satisfaction in being rather mundane.
edit on 10-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No analogy guy, just fact. I'm not going to replace something I have faith in. a car, a Harley, a wife, a Heavenly Father.... Why take a chance on getting something you can't depend on ? When I lose faith in them I may consider it. But then there is also the love that may be there for whatever your pick.

Yep I'm say'in you never had faith and it's pretty obvious you haven't a clue of what it is straw man.
edit on 10-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It does not mean we go through this experience individually.

Funny I don't remember saying that either.
And
What spirits are you talking about ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So logic and reason aren't things you can rely on?
That's the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. I guess ignorance really is bliss. The analogy with cars and motorcycles is a good one too, because everyone knows ALL cars and motorcycles last forever.

So you saying it makes it true?
Are you really that self-centered?

Sorry to say, but you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm just calling it how I see it, sorry.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So logic and reason aren't things you can rely on?

Your words, not mine. Ahuh !

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not going to replace something I have faith in.

Fat lot of good your faith is doing right now. Either your god is responsible for all the bullcrap this world is going through, or your god's NEGLIGENCE is responsible.

Either way, you have faith in a very irresponsible creator, if we assume such a being does exist. What does that say about your character? That you put all of your faith in something that has never shown that it deserves such dedication?

It says a lot. In fact, it says a lot about millions of people. It shows me the exact reason this world is going through hell.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is this your way of admitting you're wrong? It was a question not a statement. If you look really closely, you'll notice there is a question mark at the end.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They all have a way of avoiding questions. I think we've both seen what happens when they attempt to answer a direct question with something resembling logic.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

Is this your way of admitting you're wrong? It was a question not a statement. If you look really closely, you'll notice there is a question mark at the end.

Oh cheese and rice I can see and read partner. My response remains the same.

They all have a way of avoiding questions

Yes and it's discussed at every congregation that I never attended.

edit on 10-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You are the one who implied reason and logic cannot be relied on, not me. If what you said still stands, thanks for pointing out the obvious and thanks for nothing.

Could you answer the question please?

In your opinion, can reason and logic be relied on? It is a simple yes or no question, if you refuse to answer with yes or no I will take that as you avoiding the question.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Funny I don't remember saying that either.
And
What spirits are you talking about ?
This whole thing in the OP which I quoted part of already

I do look forward with great anticipation at the end of my days because I believe death is a doorway. And through that doorway we are all, going to see God. And we all ( every human being who has ever lived ) together, will drop to our knees, at the very sight of his awesome beauty and gentile power.
"Spirits" being whatever thoughts that are coming to mind telling you to believe certain things, such as this vision you are describing of this heavenly experience you will enter into after your death.
edit on 10-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So we're not allowed to point out why we think you are wrong? That's really fair of you.

If we're on the way to a sewing circle, you and your pals are already there in the other thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Spirits" being whatever thoughts that are coming to mind telling you to believe certain things, such as this vision you are describing of this heavenly experience you will enter into after your death.

Not a spirit the Bible I think it's White Throne judgement.

How do you get individually from together ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So we're not allowed to point out why we think you are wrong? That's really fair of you.

I'm pretty sure you've done that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Can logic and reason be relied on? A yes or no is all that I want.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

Can logic and reason be relied on? A yes or no is all that I want.

20 pages tells a completely different story amigo.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So you are avoiding the question. I will assume you believe it can be relied on. Thanks for the answer and thanks for reinforcing my faith in them.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately one's view of Christianity can be tainted by one's experience of Christians one has met.
Of course the opposite is true also - I had a friend who was very special and through her example of how she lived her life she opened my mind from being down on Christians.
She never pushed her faith and she had faith in abundance.
On her death bed a nurse whom she had befriended was weeping - Gloria my friend comforted the nurse telling her not to cry for her for all was going to be more than good and she would see her again on the other side.
My friend Gloria a Christian had had near death experiences and glimpsed what awaited her.
Old friends and loves who had already taken that great journey

Even if my Creator is not there to greet me I am more than happy to meet Gloria again - such is my Creators Love

Regarding faith - Blind faith is folly for it knows not
However faith based on experience and insight is built on firm ground.

I have faith in an afterlife - An afterlife not based on Earth but in a realm which I have at most been shown fleeting glimpses of

People are people no matter what their philosophy or doctrine and all are divine by nature

I am not a Christian because I do not wear a label - this is a personal choice
edit on 10-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join