It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The god you believe in and the god you think we will all see after death is a direct result of religion, so I would say I am completely within my rights to bring it up.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Your friend sounds like a wonderful person. It's always nice to encounter someone with faith who doesn't shove it down your throat but instead uses it to provide comfort and wisdom to others when they really need it. We need more people like that in this world.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Sorry for assuming, I would have to agree with this.

No worries, thank you for your willingness and open mindedness and the humility to quickly admit to an error, however slight it may have been.

I hereby invite you to take a look through my research (lined in my signature), but please also there maintain an open mind, and a willingness of spirit (of intelligence), to discern with careful insight, the validity of the presentation, and any proposiition or implications to be mare or drawn therefrom, thank you, and for whatever it's worth, God Bless!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No problem friend.

I am willing to admit when I am wrong, I am not as biased on the issue as my posts would have you think. I believe the bible holds much truth in it, but I also believe it is not the whole truth, only half-told truths.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

All I ask for, is a completely open mind free from any sort of contemptuous bias or presuppositions, prior to an open and honest and insightful inquiry. You never know, you might be astonished!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well, I have read through the first 5 pages or so but I have no idea what you are trying to get at. Is there any way you could state what you are pointing to in plain words? You never say what it is, you only hint at it through long-winded posts and if I haven't picked up on it yet, I doubt I will if I read through the rest of the thread.

One thing I did find interesting is that the picture of John the Baptist by Da Vinci shows him pointing at himself with one hand and to the sky, or heaven, with the other. I know the cross that is placed in his right hand ois believed to have been added in later, and in my opinion it was added in order to draw attention away from him pointing to the sky.

My interpretation is that we are the same as god, and we are in heaven. We can all achieve what Jesus achieved, and that is enlightenment. There is nothing special about what Jesus was other than the fact he reached enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The one participant, Americanist, who I think used to be of a slight atheist bent, although open minded, he "grokked" what I was getting at and leading to I think. Any preconception heading into the investigation, such as you have about Jesus' true nature, won't allow you to see it, or to put the puzzle together, which in the final analysis is filled with the potential for a type of humor of understanding in shared, symphatic connectedness with Jesus in his triumph, which will leave you utterly gobsmacked or I should say Godsmacked.. in the best possible way I might add (sufficient to wake us UP). Also, to understand daVinci's painting of John the Baptist, one would have to understand his relationship with Jesus, and who he was in relation to Jesus and vice versa. You've only just scratched the surface, and like I said in the OP, no I can't state it explicitely nor completely hand it over on a silver platter, although I thought I might have inadvertantly done that, so in a way I'm glad that you weren't able to make sense of it based on your own preconceptions and assumptions and I don't mean that in a negative or a harsh way, except maybe to "poke" a little bit of fun at your persistent ignorance or perhaps blindspot might be a better word so that you don't get the impression that I'm unsulting you in any way.

Edit to add: What by human resources alone is impossible, is and was possible for God, whereby he has done for us, what we were not and never would be able to do entirely of and for ourselves according to our own self will and highly subjective bias. We cannot engineer our own salvation, which comes from above in the form of an unmerited grace capable of bringing any truly honest person to their knees in tears both of sorrow and regret and, in the humor of understanding capable of wiping away the tears from our eyes.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 10-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I honestly have no preconceptions of what Jesus truly was. I truly think he was divine, just as everyone else is. No offense, but you being so vague about it does not help with some people thinking you are spewing nonsense, not saying that is what I believe the case to be.

If you put it in a clearer and more concise way, that would go a long way in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

One tidbit was that the entire prophetic frame of the Bible (traversing many centuries) leading to him, pointed to him, but if that weren't enough, if you took the time to watch the Real Star of Bethlehem video series, you would see that his life was also framed by the cosmos, and that there were signs, one of which placed his work leading to the cross within the context of a precise schedule known well beforehand, both to himself and to his cousin John. It's all in the thread, and in the title of the thread. Of course he was trained, and enlightened, and born again from above, but there's more to his story than that, and more to his spirit, and the sorrowful wedge of his fated calling and destiny, much more to it than just another enlightened man. But with all that said, as he was called so too are we in following him as the authentic model of perfection and leadership of the right kind, which comes to serve and not to be served. "And as my father first sent me, even so send I you." But the student can never be and needn't be as great as the master. There is something extraordinary about Jesus which IS contained in that thread, and don't blame me for asking that people have to look for it and find it for themselves in discovery to really appropriate it's deeper meaning and significance. It can't be any other way, or I'm just casting pearls before swine, allowing the greatest fact of human history, to be trampled under foot by ignorant and hard-hearted people (no I don't mean you).

I've offered to answer any specific questions anyone might have, but no one's asking..

And to begin with, people would need to be willing to re-open their Bible and re-read the four Gospels with a newly inquisitive eye and a new type of understanding which my thread can help to bring about for those who will.

Would you be willing to sit down and re-read the Gospels again, as if for the first time? Are you really open-minded about Jesus?

edit on 10-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You don't think those astrological coincidences couldn't have been done on purpose? You don't think the astrological framing of his life could have been planned beforehand? It's not that great of a stretch to believe it could have been in my opinion. I'm not saying that is the case, just food for thought.

edit on 10-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I've offered to answer any specific questions anyone might have, but no one's asking..

Alright, here's my question. If "God" is infinite, and our minds are undeniably finite, how can we hope to understand the first thing about "God"?

One one trillionth of infinity is still infinity. And yet all of your preachers and all of your brothers and sisters on this site pretend to know everything about "God" and this great glorious plan, and yet when we point out all the logical fallacies presented by the Bible and all of your arguments, you skirt the issue or declare that our understanding and reasoning is irrelevant.

...Why do I even bother? -_________- You people are the reason I hate your "God". Because he made me human. And now I have to put up with this kinda of UNlogic in my fellow humans.

This is hell, for me. And I know hate is a strong word, but my disgust is also a strong thing. And my disgust for this world is very great.
edit on 11-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The god you believe in and the god you think we will all see after death is a direct result of religion, so I would say I am completely within my rights to bring it up.

As the the Pharaoh Ramses once said,

"Moses God is God".And religion is a direct result of him. Still religion is of man. Christ is of the Father which is why I very simply follow Christ.

There is no better hero to have
edit on 11-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If "God" is infinite, and our minds are undeniably finite, how can we hope to understand the first thing about "God"?
I would deny that our minds are finite.
There is more to us than the physical and it is something we have in common with God.
edit on 11-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We are all of the father. Weren't we created in gods image just as Jesus was? The only difference between you and Jesus is that he was open-minded, you are close-minded, and Jesus' open-mindedness is what set him apart from others.

To have faith in only one man is folly, that is denying anything or anyone else attention or the consideration they may deserve.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

We are all of the father. Weren't we created in gods image just as Jesus was? The only difference between you and Jesus is that he was open-minded, you are close-minded, and Jesus' open-mindedness is what set him apart from others.

To have faith in only one man is folly, that is denying anything or anyone else attention or the consideration they may deserve.

Created in Gods image doesn't make us relative until we are born again of the spirit. With that I think closed mindedness would be a topic you should avoid. Not me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And you have a clear, accurate definition as to what 'spirit' is? A definition with a source, or can be proven?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"Created in Gods Image" for me has a different meaning which one can trace back to Ancient Egyptian Philosophy.
They too too believed in One Creator whom the called Atum.

Here is a little of what they believed - Replace the word Atum for God

Atum created the cosmos - It is Atums mind, His Thoughts or Ideas, His desogn.
The Cosmos is an image of Atum
The Sun is an Image of the Cosmos
Humanity is an image of the Sum
The Cosmos is within Atum
The Sun is within the Cosmos
Humanity is within the Sun
And as the first monotheist Akhenaten said "The Sun shines equal upon all"

Atum chooses to commune with Humanity - No intermediary is required
edit on 11-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Don't need one, everyone knows, even you tho you may play it off as if you don't.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

And you have a clear, accurate definition as to what 'spirit' is? A definition with a source, or can be proven?

A little to empirically positivist for me ...

Can you prove that we should only believe that which is provable?

If something is true, does that automatically mean it is verifiable?

Can you actually "prove" that the eternal world outside of the mind is real? That other minds besides your own are real? Can you prove that the universe wasn't created 2 days ago with the appearance of age?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

A little to empirically positivist for me ...

Can you prove that we should only believe that which is provable?

If something is true, does that automatically mean it is verifiable?

Can you actually "prove" that the eternal world outside of the mind is real? That other minds besides your own are real? Can you prove that the universe wasn't created 2 days ago with the appearance of age?

I love and shall remember these questions always. You have a great mind.
edit on 11-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join