It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vows it will not allow Assad to fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
More tough talk from Iran on the Syria situation, whether it's saber rattling or factual threats is for you to decide. Syria and Iran have a defense pact so this should not be surprising. Considering the 48 kidnapped Iranians by the FSA terrorists Iran now has a very good reason to get involved.

Tehran will continue to back Syria and Bashar al-Assad’s regime because the alliance between the two countries is central to Iran’s foreign policy in the region, a senior Iran official has said.

Iran has accused Turkey and Gulf countries of arming the rebel opposition in Syria, in collusion with the United States and Israel, to overthrow the Assad regime, Tehran's key regional ally.

Saeed Jalili, the head of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, appeared with the Syrian leader in Damascus on Tuesday to pledge Iran’s support for Assad regime.

"Iran will never allow the resistance axis - of which Syria is an essential pillar - to break. What is happening in Syria is not an internal issue but a conflict between the axis of resistance on one hand, and the regional and global enemies of this axis on the other,” he said.

Assad appeared on television for the first time in two weeks in footage showing him meeting Mr Jalili and vowed to cleanse Syria of “terrorists,” as his troops stepped up air and artillery bombardments on rebels in Aleppo, Syria’s largest city.

“The Syrian people and their government are determined to purge the country of terrorists and to fight the terrorists without respite,” he said, according to state news agency SANA.

Iranian state media quoted Mr Jalili as saying Tehran “believes in national dialogue between all domestic groups to be the solution, and believes foreign solutions are not helpful.” "The Syrian people are hostile to any plan supported by the Zionists and the US," he was reported as saying.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

No matter what your opinion is on the whole Syria situation you must admit that things have been heating up with rhetoric from all sides being thrown around like rice at a wedding. China, Russia, Iran, Israel, the US, Turkey, Jordan, and Syria have all had a lot to say in the last few months and the rate of these statements is escaliting weekly. It's only a matter of time before something pops off.

Regrettably we all know the plan, and there is no stopping it. No amount of theatrics from all sides will change the fact that Syria is next on the list of "liberation". The only chance of Assad staying in power would be if China, Russsia, and Iran were willing to actually put their money where their mouths are and do what they said they will do if certain lines are crossed.

Relations with China and the US over the Iran issue have deteriorated over recent weeks and China has publicly voiced it's displeasure while Russia is constantly voicing it's displeasure with the foreign meddling which is backed by the West and it's allies.

If Iran were to join the Syria conflict the media would spin it as justification for an attack on Iran so they have to be careful on how they act or it may backfire on them, even though I respect their right to defend their ally Syria during this foreing funded attempt at regime change.

Will this ever end?

It will never end until the whole Middle East is installed with puppet leaders under Western influenced central banking systems. Only then will it end.

Here are some links to a few threads related to the information I discussed in my OP:

Russia and China vow to protect Syria from becoming another Libya

China slams new US-Iran sanctions as 'serious violation of intl rules'

Syrian rebel says captured Iranians are pro-government fighters, not pilgrims
edit on 7-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: links

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
"Iran vows it will not allow Assad to fall"

Good luck with that.

Tehran will continue to back Syria and Bashar al-Assad’s regime because the alliance between the two countries is central to Iran’s foreign policy in the region, a senior Iran official has said.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Lines in the sand have become a bit more clearer ontop of what we already presumed. Sometimes i just dont understand global politics...Is it just a big game of chicken until someone gets run over?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is a rather bold claim on behalf of the Iranians, but at this point Syria and Iran are cornered and have no choice but to at least dish out some rhetoric even if they don't plan on backing it up.

My concern is that the FSA may get their hands on some of those WMD's Syria has and start using the chemical weapons on the people of Syria and surrrounding countries which would then be blamed on Assad and his forces.

I have no doubt that the FSA would do this if they had the chance.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The use of biological weapons would further ostracize Iran from any friends they had or have. The global community, even those lending some support to Iran, would have to step back from their position if biological weapons were utilized.

There is a serious differance between supporting Iran ands its non-intervention policies regarding its so-called "Nuclear Engergy Program" and supporting a country that actually uses bio weapons..
edit on 7-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Irans not dumb, they know what comes after Syria falls.

The situation over there is concerning to say the least.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

It is a rather bold claim on behalf of the Iranians, but at this point Syria and Iran are cornered and have no choice but to at least dish out some rhetoric even if they don't plan on backing it up.

But if anybody else makes claims such as that then they are declared Warmongers.

My concern is that the FSA may get their hands on some of those WMD's Syria has and start using the chemical weapons on the people of Syria and surrrounding countries which would then be blamed on Assad and his forces.

First off, many here believe Syria having WMDs simply as a Rehash of what Bush claimed but this time as an excuse to invade Syria. Now which is it? Do they have WMDs or not?

Second, I also wonder why it's possible use is being justified while in practically every other possible scenario here at ATS their use is overwhelmingly & vehemently denounced?

I have no doubt that the FSA would do this if they had the chance]

That's speculation and you know it.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd say Iran is fairly serious. The Ayatollah's personal aides have been in Damascus here very recently and Iran is demanding...and apparently getting....a place at the table for the future talks on the stability of Syria and how this all works going forward. It's interesting how this is all developing, but as the stories say and has been a fact now for 2 years or more...

Syria and Iran are formal, public and official allies and they share a Military alliance as well as mutual defense treaty. I'm not surprised Iran is backing them both above and below the table, I'm surprised they aren't doing much more. It's not like they aren't wide open and public about the alliance and no one involved (but the United States) seems to discount or brush off that fact.

Of course to the U.S. right now, anything short of God is just a tactical problem to attack, defeat and assess for political gain and loss.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have no doubt that the FSA would do this if they had the chance.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

That's a bold statement, actually. Almost as bold, as the West claiming Assad is going to use those weapons....

At least we agree that Assad has them.......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Another revelation of the Persian Apostate wannabe-god-on-earth's hand. I weep for my fellow human brothers and sisters living in Iran under him. It shows he, and his beliefs, cared nothing for humans, let alone citizens.

The fact remains - which nation on Earth would pound mercilessly upon innocent men, women and children enmass with heavy artillery, gunships, fighter bombers and evil militia men for more than a year and a half, and continued to do so, while the world does nothing ?

Worse are those that support these atrocity and the humanslayer supporters talking Himmler-like lies to support the beasts, even here

I can find...no words... to say more....but weep for the suffering....not just in Syria, but all over our world ruled by fear, cowardice, apathy to those in power....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What's more worrying, is if this is true.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It would be nice if there were any Syrians in the FSA...

As for this, I'm not surprised. Iran and Syria are close allies and Iran does not a significant economic and well as military interest in Syria.

Although I doubt that they will intervene in any significant way, considering it would just give the rest of the world an actual excuse to go to war, as opposed to the one they've been trying to manufacture.

One thing is clear though, Assad does have some chemical weapons. At least I've seen enough evidence to think that and it could be very dangerous scenario if anybody gets their hands on them with intent on using it.

Now I would not put it past the CIA and their larpers to stage some kind of chemical attack and blame it on Assad, or Iran for that matter.

It also won't surprise me if Assad's army uses the weapons.

Either way, bad scene.
~
Tenth

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

It is true and just how does Tehran plan on getting all of it's forces and equipment to Syria?

Miracle it there?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

But if anybody else makes claims such as that then they are declared Warmongers.

First off many here believe Syria having WMDs simply as a Rehash of what Bush claimed as an excuse to invade Syria. Now which is it? Do they have WMDs or not?

Second, I also wonder why it's possible use is being justified while in practically every other possible scenario here at ATS their use is overwhelmingly & vehemently denounced?

I have no doubt that the FSA would do this if they had the chance]

That's speculation and you know it.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

There is a difference between war mongering such as the West and it's allies have been doing versus Iran defending their regional ally who is being attacked by foreign forces via proxy. There is a reason why if the west said this that it would be "war mongering", the reason is that the West and it's allies are war mongers and you know it. Iran and Syria are not making threats of an offensive nature, all their threats have been from a defensive stance, that should be quite clear, even to someone such as yourself.

They do have WMD's and this isn't Iraq, so your point is moot. The US has WMD's too. Does that warrant an international intervention on US soil due to it's WMD's that are possessed by the American government?

As for my theory that the FSA would use these weapons if they got their hand on them, you can call it speculation, most people would call it a logical observation, take your pick Slayer. One would hope that you would join the logical side of things instead of trying to muddy the waters with your narrow minded perception of this situation.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by superman2012

It is true and just how does Tehran plan on getting all of it's forces and equipment to Syria?

Miracle it there?

C'mon, you can twist my words anyway you want, but please don't put them in my mouth. You have as good as an idea as I do what will happen if Syria and Turkey start getting into it. Don't be silly.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I asked a question don't accuse me of something I haven't done.
How will Tehran get their forces to Syria?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Geneva Protocol, is a treaty prohibiting the first use of chemical and biological weapons.

Source

Iran has signed, if they are to utilize this, they basically justify the world interferring with them

Also of interest.

It prohibits the use of chemical weapons and biological weapons, but has nothing to say about production, storage or transfer

Same source

Syria used as a storage room for bio weapons?

+5 more 
link   

They do have WMD's and this isn't Iraq, so your point is moot.

That's all I wanted to see you admit.

+1 more 
link   

Who is John Galt? Why ask questions that I, and most others, clearly don't have an answer for? If you are asking me to let you know exactly what Iran's military plans are, well, I hope you see the futility of asking that question.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is rich sounds like Iran warmongering and my personal favorite Iran is bullying the Syrian people FSA.

Had IRan not sent 15,000 troops to Syria maybe those people wouldn't been kidnapped.

Oh well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join