It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Official] No holds bar... "Reality" is not what it seems.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The moment of now is not created by the mind.
Any 'other' time is created by the mind. Any 'other' anything is created by mind.
This moment is of virgin birth, untouched by the conceptual mind.

This moment is gods dream and any 'other' is not.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

When you dream, are you the creator of those dreams?

Are you the dreamer, or is some "God" creating these dreams?

Something to think about.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

"I think therefore I am" was well expanded upon by Paul Sarte "The consciouness that says 'I am' is not the consciousness that thinks".
edit on 16-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Any 'other' time is created by the mind. Any 'other' anything is created by mind.

The light shines and it is seen.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by plube

"I think therefore I am" was well expanded upon by Paul Sarte "The consciouness that says 'I am' is not the consciousness that thinks".

In my humble opinion, consciousness is what defines our experience with reality. It is the glue that binds us to this present moment and makes such a moment "real" to us.

Many people do not appreciate what consciousness actually is. It's hard to define thanks to it's very unique subjective properties. However, we all know we experience it and for some, what an opportunity to explore and understand it.

Consciousness is a key, to how reality is actually experienced. That's not something to simply underplay and ignore.

There is a great importance to what this relationship with consciousness and reality actually is.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by plube

Thinking just happens, no one is thinking.
There is an awareness of thought.
Thoughts are an appearance and the appearance is seen/known.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The light shines and it is seen.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

I think you can be more direct in your answer.

When you dream, are you the creator of those dreams? Are you the dreamer?

It's not word play, rather a statement of fact. Yes. You are the dreamer of your dreams.

Prove me wrong... refute this as some fallacious statement.

You are the dreamer of your dreams. Always have been, always will be. Get used to it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Sounds very interesting...i shall go and read their stuff.....thanks for that.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Being human is all about word play. The words do not reflect reality.
You believe there is a you and a dream and it does look like this because of the words.
If i go along with this just for the sake of discussion i would say, yes i am the dreamer but i am also the dream.
But i am not a person.

I am the creator and destroyer of all worlds.
But what is 'I am'?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Sounds very interesting...i shall go and read their stuff.....thanks for that.
2nd line

What is your stuff Plube?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Think about that for a while. I know Rene Descartes hasn't.

just right there...i am here....you are there...have never met....i don't exist to you...and you don't exist to me...we only exist right now through the process of thinking....you are not real to me and i am not real to you....but somehow in this reality of ours i know you exist....and you know i exist....therefore are you and i real?.

I could be a thought program....you are not really sending your thoughts to something that is real...yet you and i right now are perceiving each other to be real...yet we only exist though this connection.

the only connection that makes each of us real right now is thinking that we are real.

And now i am thinking of this...my head hurts.
edit on 053131p://f21Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Being human is all about word play. The words do not reflect reality.
You believe there is a you and a dream and it does look like this because of the words.
If i go along with this just for the sake of discussion i would say, yes i am the dreamer but i am also the dream.
But i am not a person.

I am the creator and destroyer of all worlds.
But what is 'I am'?

What am I?

What human hasn't asked such a question? Has it ever been really answered?

You are.

And you exist.

Those are two very real things which make you who you are right now.

I like to think that the "I" in what am "I" is simply you. It's you.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

Think about that for a while. I know Rene Descartes hasn't.

just right there...i am here....you are there...have never met....i don't exist to you...and you don't exist to me...we only exist right now through the process of thinking....you are not real to me and i am not real to you....but somehow in this reality of our i know you exist....and you know i exist....therefore are you and i real.

I could be a thought program....you are not really sending your thoughts to something that is real...yet you and i right now are perceiving each other to be real...yet we only exist though this connection.

the only connection that makes each of us real right now it thinking that we are real.

And now i am thinking of this...my head hurts.

You have said a lot Plube.

Let me point out that you do exist, and I do exist. Even though we have not met, each of us are real human beings interfacing through the internet on a forum called ATS. And this forum exists in this thing we experience as "Reality".

I find this "Reality" a very interesting subject and love to think about it. I mean, why not. Here it is, right in front of me.

Does that mean I fully understand it, and know it beyond the average mere mortal. No. Probably not.

More factual is that I am experiencing the same thing that you are experience right now, but in an entirely subjective way. Both of us are experiencing "Reality" and people who at some point in the future stumbling on this thread will agree, they too are experiencing reality.

However, how I experience it and how you experience it really is entirely different, yet relatively the same.

Why not think big about what "Reality" is? It's a very big thing.
edit on 16-8-2012 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

There is nothing outside of I.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Have you heard of Peter Brown? He takes a close look at what is really happening.
I will post these links for you, the first one i find absolutely mind blowing, well they all are:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

He has a web site called 'The Open Doorway' where you can see all his videos.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

There is nothing outside of I.

There is and there isn't. We all exist outside of you, but in a way we are all a part of you, just as you are a part of us.

In a very primitive way. We are all part of a system of reality, which is this reality. Through that connection, we are all part of each-other as parts of this reality system.

What separates us from "Reality"?

The body? The mind? The fact is, we are part of reality, and reality is what we are. We are reality.

You are reality.

Reading this thread is just a part of what that reality is today. Right now. A part of you, experiencing reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Have you heard of Peter Brown? He takes a close look at what is really happening.
I will post these links for you, the first one i find absolutely mind blowing, well they all are:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

This is the first I have heard of him. I am listening to the first video entitled, "Reincarnation".

Which I do have an opinion about.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

This is the first I have heard of him. I am listening to the first video entitled, "Reincarnation".

Which I do have an opinion about.

He certainly is tackling a very complex relationship between his view of reality, and what reality actually is.

He speaks from his heart, but the simplicity is apparent. A lot of focus on the "now" moment or the "present" which in my opinion, is each of our own personal gateway with what reality is.

It is precisely the "now" or "present" moment that presents our interface with the experience of reality.

Wouldn't it be nice, if in a literal tense he was absolutely speaking the truth about what reality actually is; other than his views and opinions?

Why not state in fact that "Reality" is a type of dreaming that you are consciously experiencing. And what makes it different from what other dreams feel like, is the chronological nature of physical dreaming.

Yet dreaming and reality are in fact the same thing. They are products of consciousness.

Reality and dreams, are constructs of consciousness. They are both "yours"/"mine"/"others" interface with ourselves, each-other and what is real.

I have existed before this lifetime. I know that I lived other human lives. It's not a belief, rather a part of an ongoing relationship with an always present, and real reality.

Reincarnation may appear as a belief-system, but is in fact... how we transpose from one subjective focus state, to the next. The continuum of the self, the reality we experience.

What is the "self"?

Is the "self" real or imaginary? Is there a relationship between the self, and what it expeirences as real?

Dreams, this... everything. They are all parts of the self. Everything is part of the self, just in how the self is part of everything.

This is the self, experiencing you as a human experiencing a part of itself as reality.

The self is you, and it is reality. That is consciousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

"Wouldn't it be nice, if in a literal tense he was absolutely speaking the truth about what reality actually is; other than his views and opinions?"

Listen to more of Peters talks and you will see that what he points to is truth.
Words cannot show you the truth. Do not see the words, try to see the page.

It is 'his view and opinion' until you check for yourself. Do not believe or reject until you have run it through and verified what he says for yourself.

Why would it be 'nice' if what he is saying is true?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The 'now' is all that can appear to exist.
There is no 'other' time.
All appears in presence as presence.

And because you know you are - you must be the presence. You will not feel the presence if you belive in past and future and worship them.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The 'now' is all that can appear to exist.
There is no 'other' time.
All appears in presence as presence.

And because you know you are - you must be the presence. You will not feel the presence if you belive in past and future and worship them.

I don't try to complicate what it is.

I exist, both in a past/present/future state. I exist in a non-physical, non-human state. The human part of me is at best, an avatar in a vast cosmic game.

I am both the player, the game and the creator. I am the breath of a new born child. The ending breath of a dying man. I am the light that shines in the darkest corners of myself. I am here, I am now. I am.

It is not strange to me, to know myself as a part of reality. I have been reality for a very long time.

It is simply a continuum of the self, reflecting in lifetimes wondering who and what it actually is. I am not separate from that continuum, so I seek to know the self. Perhaps then, I will know myself. I will know reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join